BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
URSC Secretary wrote:URSC has been informed that due to the inclement weather due tonight any terrace dwellers who wish to move to covered seats which are free at either end behind goal will be permitted to do so at any stage after kick off.
If it's really inclement and windy they might meet Memorial end dwellers going in the opposite direction.
Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I was denied access when I inquired about this.
Classic URSC
Classic Russ.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Given the abject failure in ticketing, protocol following and communication to attendees, will last night harm the 2023 RWC bid?

I doubt UR will be allowed to host a game after bringing politics into sport
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Last night proves that rugby is still a great sport it's Ulster rugby that's shyte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

nonplussed wrote:Last night proves that rugby is still a great sport it's Ulster rugby that's shyte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

Amazing what a team can do when you just let them be creative.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Who coached the pack?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Score anyone?
Barbarians 40 Fiji 7
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Weather was total tom kite, despite that good game. Barbarians actually looked like a team who had played together. Fiji looked like strangers...a few guys playing for the Baa Baas who could do a job next season for Ulster, especially the 10 Du Preez.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:Weather was total tom kite, despite that good game. Barbarians actually looked like a team who had played together. Fiji looked like strangers...a few guys playing for the Baa Baas who could do a job next season for Ulster, especially the 10 Du Preez.
He was some kicker in those conditions. I think their no. 13 could do a job for us too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Weather was total tom kite, despite that good game. Barbarians actually looked like a team who had played together. Fiji looked like strangers...a few guys playing for the Baa Baas who could do a job next season for Ulster, especially the 10 Du Preez.
He was some kicker in those conditions. I think their no. 13 could do a job for us too.
The drop kick conversion from the touchline.... :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:
The drop kick conversion from the touchline.... :D
It's when you see guys like that play you realise how poor our basic skills levels are.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hope someone gave them a tour of the gym
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

russ.. I understand they were very impressed with the gym and indeed a few are away looking for Irish grandparents..

In truth I thought the baabaas looked a tight unit for albeit a few weeks together. Maybe some of the players had an eye on coming to the NH but they genuinely played for each other and at times I bought it was just like watching Ulster… >burp

Fiji looked totally disjointed…

UR couldn't organise a pi$h up in a brewery. Loads of tickets handed out but it seemed that many said feck the weather we can watch it on TV.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:russ.. I understand they were very impressed with the gym and indeed a few are away looking for Irish grandparents..

In truth I thought the baabaas looked a tight unit for albeit a few weeks together. Maybe some of the players had an eye on coming to the NH but they genuinely played for each other and at times I bought it was just like watching Ulster… >burp

UR couldn't organise a pi$h up in a brewery. Loads of tickets handed out but it seemed that many said feck the weather we can watch it on TV.
Maybe the baabaas have a team ethos
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:russ.. I understand they were very impressed with the gym and indeed a few are away looking for Irish grandparents..

Maybe the baabaas have a team ethos
Ethos has nothing to do with it. The Baabaas don't have Clarke and Doak as coaches. ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I think that unless you watch a lot of Super Rugby many of the names would have been unfamiliar but the were some really serious operators playing.

Here, I've always liked Robbie Deans, wonder would he like to coach the Ulster backs given we have the 2nd greatest backline in Europe?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.