BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: BaaBaas v Fiji 11th Nov at Ravenhill

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:In the world of rugby there is a united Ireland.
Yes so they should have played Ireland's Call. But UR seem to not like playing that song
They will play it during the next minute silence
Last edited by Dave on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
LadyP wrote:My hubby says that the country that the match is"played in" should have their national anthem played first, But I am more concerned that a "song, was put a ahead of a National Anthem and a bit disrespectful to Fiji. Who run the event, was it Ulster or IRB?

I got soaked to the skin and left at halftime and went for a meal.
To my knowledge the stadium owners bid for the games
IRFU then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye and they didn't even erect a couple of flegpoles to run up a reeg or two. Couldn't organise a bun worry.

I was on my deathbed, though I appear to have resurrected, was there a minutes silence .........and how did that go for them then. Did they release several white doves? Were they shot down with flaming arrows from Koreans?

Most importantly, is there any other irrelevant shyte we could get offended by?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:Would seem a bit incongruous playing the anthem of the "host country" when the host country wasn't actually playing. Is that what normally happens at Barbarians games.

Who was the host "country" anyway? Presumably Ireland.
Yes apparently its the tradition and in Twickenham the week before they played GSTQ and specifically stated the anthem for the host nation.. so until we become a single country on this island GSTQ on the basis of host country.

If union then IRFU consider Belfast an away event hence Ireland's Call was played here when Ireland last played here.. but again as Ireland werent playing it goes back to GSTQ... better to avoid all.this brad pitt and play a song.. I would have preferred Highway to Hell..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Aye and they didn't even erect a couple of flegpoles to run up a reeg or two. Couldn't organise a bun worry.

I was on my deathbed, though I appear to have resurrected, was there a minutes silence .........and how did that go for them then. Did they release several white doves? Were they shot down with flaming arrows from Koreans?

Baggy.... you will be glad to know they held a one minute silence and at third time of asking I did n't hear any bar noise... of course they didn't hold the silence for those that laid their lives in either WW that would be inappropriate to do on the 11th of the 11th..
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Aye and they didn't even erect a couple of flegpoles to run up a reeg or two. Couldn't organise a bun worry.

There was a minutes silence for some Fijian player, I missed his name.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yes baggy I was offended by an Ulster supported who shouted blackman at a Fijian.. I am.sure.he was as.well.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You sure that wasn't Anscombe's mobile phone Cockers , it's a racistbastard.

By the way, anytime somebody refuses to play GSTQ I'm cockahoop, it sickens myshite, awful boring dirge that it is. They should change the National Anthem to "Paint it Black" just to annoy all the racist little englanders, the scumsucking little motherfuckers.

Cracking qune to, the Stones are one of a very few things worthwhile to have come out of England.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:You sure that wasn't Anscombe's mobile phone Cockers , it's a racistbastard.

By the way, anytime somebody refuses to play GSTQ I'm cockahoop, it sickens myshite, awful boring dirge that it is. They should change the National Anthem to "Paint it Black" just to annoy all the racist little englanders, the scumsucking little motherfuckers.

Cracking qune to, the Stones are one of a very few things worthwhile to have come out of England.
But it seems UR once again have decided not to play Irelands Call as the anthem of the host ...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You sure that wasn't Anscombe's mobile phone Cockers , it's a racistbastard.

But it seems UR once again have decided not to play Irelands Call as the anthem of the host ...
Good news, it's utter pish as well, Coulter should be ashamed of himself. :roll:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

Good news, it's utter pish as well, Coulter should be ashamed of himself. :roll:
I'd rather be inclusive than exclusive
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:

I'd rather be inclusive than exclusive
Well there is the difference, I don't give a rat's fart for niceties............... you may have missed that. >EW
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
URSC Secretary wrote:URSC has been informed that due to the inclement weather due tonight any terrace dwellers who wish to move to covered seats which are free at either end behind goal will be permitted to do so at any stage after kick off.
If it's really inclement and windy they might meet Memorial end dwellers going in the opposite direction.
Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I was denied access when I inquired about this.
At the start of the second half our entire party relocated from the Prom to the Memorial seats without any difficulty. :fleg:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

pwrmoore wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
URSC Secretary wrote:URSC has been informed that due to the inclement weather due tonight any terrace dwellers who wish to move to covered seats which are free at either end behind goal will be permitted to do so at any stage after kick off.
If it's really inclement and windy they might meet Memorial end dwellers going in the opposite direction.
Low and behold the family stand is almost empty, several sections shown full in Memorial also empty and more empty seats in grandstand as well showing, 15k my Brennan, East terrace sold out though suddenly :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
I was denied access when I inquired about this.
At the start of the second half our entire party relocated from the Prom to the Memorial seats without any difficulty. :fleg:
Jammy fecker. I tried going from the same place to the same place during the 1st half but was turned away. 2nd half wasn't quite so damp anyway.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:

At the start of the second half our entire party relocated from the Prom to the Memorial seats without any difficulty. :fleg
Jammy fecker. I tried going from the same place to the same place during the 1st half but was turned away. 2nd half wasn't quite so damp anyway.

To be fair we didn't seek permission we just walked up into the seats as if we belonged there and no one challenged us. I have no idea if that was because of the "instructions" from the branch or not.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: