Hmmmmm.... that makes sense.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Hmmmmm.... that makes sense.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't often agree with much that comes out of Wales online but this, http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... -11354983? appears to have much good sense about it and has some credence given Hore has been involved actively in both hemispheres.

Worth a look, TV revenue is the major killer for all countries other than England & France and there is common cause with the rest if our leagues are not to be sucked dry of talent in the long run.

I've always feared our league ending up in a position of the Irish League & increasingly the Scots also in relation to the English in wendyball.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Hmmmmm.... that makes sense.

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I don't often agree with much that comes out of Wales online but this, http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... -11354983? appears to have much good sense about it and has some credence given Hore has been involved actively in both hemispheres.

Worth a look, TV revenue is the major killer for all countries other than England & France and there is common cause with the rest if our leagues are not to be sucked dry of talent in the long run.

I've always feared our league ending up in a position of the Irish League & increasingly the Scots also in relation to the English in wendyball.
It's equally difficult to see where the value is in the Pro12 for TV companies other than filling their schedules. Nobody in Wales seems interested enough to turn up to watch their national sport, so where's the TV interest? Rugby in Scotland is a non event so there's no value there. Italy........ That leaves Ireland with a small population, a split market and the only teams with a real following (plus Munster).
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Would people be against working with the PRL in a combined Ireland England league?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Would people be against working with the PRL in a combined Ireland England league?
Perfidious Albion.