Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667879
Total topics 19215
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

Other Summer Tests

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 am

So its summer test season. Wales are in NZ for a 3 game series and a midweek match v the Chiefs. A 3-0 series defeat awaits I would reckon. England are in Australia and have a real shot of winning the series imo. England 'A' heading to South Africa for a couple of games v their counterparts.

Also France heading to Argentina with a 2nd string due to the tour clashing with the Top 14 playoffs and Scotland will be hoping to be big in Japan.

Sky showing the Wales, England and England 'A' tours. Don't know about tv coverage for France or Scotland.

Fri 10 Jun 5:30pm South Africa 'A' v England Saxons
Fri 17 Jun 5:30pm South Africa 'A' v England Saxons

Sat 11 Jun 8:35am New Zealand v Wales
Tue 14 Jun 8:15am Chiefs v Wales
Sat 18 Jun 8:35am New Zealand v Wales
Sat 25 Jun 8:35am New Zealand v Wales

Sat 11 Jun 11:00am Australia v England
Sat 18 Jun 11:00am Australia v England
Sat 25 Jun 11:00am Australia v England
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Russ » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm

France devaluing the global game
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Rooster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Russ wrote:France devaluing the global game

Have the Top14 sides many French players in them anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 40124
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby bazzaj » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:06 am

Reckon the usual humiliation awaits the NH where we once again return with our tail between our legs having been shown how to play the game.
Then we scratch our collective heads learn nothing and do the same as.

Reckon Neil M is right England are the only side equipped to deal with them
Australia has always been a good match for them as their front 5 can traditionally get a foothold and now is not different.
Howevery if the Oz backrow and backline are fit and firing they are a class above anything England have.
For the sake of rugby I hope they can get the chance to prove that.

Wales and Irelands best chances come in the first test as it traditionally does.
Heard that Garland has issued a challenge to his wings to touch the ball 20 times a game which shows at least he has an attacking psyche.

Then there's Joe.
Withdrawals have actually given the squad fresh look most would have welcomed in any case.
We all just hope that he uses the opportunity in a positive way in terms of style and selections.

Scotland and France I am struggling to care about.
User avatar
bazzaj
 

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36466822

The Chiefs will be without the 8 players (Kerr-Barlow, Retallick, Cane, Cruden, Harris, Tamanivalu, McKenzie and Ngatai) called up to the NZ squad for the midweek game next v Wales - given the Welsh will probably have a 2nd team out as well - should actually make it competitive! :D
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 am

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:France devaluing the global game

Have the Top14 sides many French players in them anyway


Clermont and Toulon will be in the semi finals. The following players will be unavailable from just these 2 sides (all of them would not be selected for sure):

Benjamin Kayser, Vincent Debaty, Thomas Domingo, Alexandre Lapandry, Damien Chouly, Paul Jedrasiak, Sébastien Vahaamahina, Morgan Parra, Camille Lopez, Wesley Fofana, Aurélien Rougerie, Noa Nakaitaci, Scott Spedding, Guilhem Guirado, Xavier Chiocci, Jocelino Suta, Romain Taofifénua, Charles Ollivon, Sébastien Tillous-Borde, Mathieu Bastareaud, Maxime Mermoz, Vincent Clerc

There will be additional players unavailable depending who wins this weekend. Does make the Tour a bit pointless, could take a hammering down in Argentina.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby BR » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:France devaluing the global game

Have the Top14 sides many French players in them anyway


Clermont and Toulon will be in the semi finals. The following players will be unavailable from just these 2 sides (all of them would not be selected for sure):

Benjamin Kayser, Vincent Debaty, Thomas Domingo, Alexandre Lapandry, Damien Chouly, Paul Jedrasiak, Sébastien Vahaamahina, Morgan Parra, Camille Lopez, Wesley Fofana, Aurélien Rougerie, Noa Nakaitaci, Scott Spedding, Guilhem Guirado, Xavier Chiocci, Jocelino Suta, Romain Taofifénua, Charles Ollivon, Sébastien Tillous-Borde, Mathieu Bastareaud, Maxime Mermoz, Vincent Clerc

There will be additional players unavailable depending who wins this weekend. Does make the Tour a bit pointless, could take a hammering down in Argentina.

Long since been the case in France. June tours are always a problem. I remember the final was the middle of July one year.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Shan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Hopefully Wales will be well beaten in all three tests.

Think England will manage one win.

France / Scotland - Pile of old sh1te.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11227
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 am

New Zealand: Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith; Kieran Read (captain), Sam Cane, Jerome Kaino, Brodie Retallick, Luke Romano; Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody.

Replacements: Nathan Harris, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Seta Tamanivalu.

Wales: Liam Williams, George North , Jonathan Davies , Jamie Roberts, Hallam Amos, Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Gethin Jenkins , Ken Owens, Samson Lee, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Ross Moriarty, Sam Warburton (c), Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Rob Evans, Tomas Francis, Jake Ball, Ellis Jenkins, Gareth Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Scott Williams.

Traditionally the best chance for the NH side to beat NZ who in theory will be a bit rusty...NZ by 15 I reckon
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:54 am

Australia team to face England: Israel Folau; Dane Haylett-Petty, Tevita Kuridrani, Samu Kerevi, Rob Horne; Bernard Foley, Nick Phipps; Scott Sio, Stephen Moore (c), Greg Holmes, Rory Arnold, Rob Simmons, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock.

Replacements: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Sekope Kepu, James Horwill, Dean Mumm, Sean McMahon, Nick Frisby, Christian Lealiifano

Cheika's starting line-up is a powerful one with centres Kerevi and Tevita Kuridrani weighing a combined 33 stone, while the 6ft 10in (2.08m) Arnold will become the tallest man to play for the Wallabies.

England: 15. Mike Brown; 14. Anthony Watson, 13. Jonathan Joseph, 12. Luther Burrell, 11. Marland Yarde; 10. Owen Farrell, 9. Ben Youngs; 1. Mako Vunipola, 2. Dylan Hartley, 3. Dan Cole, 4. Maro Itoje, 5. George Kruis, 6. Chris Robshaw, 7. James Haskell, 8. Billy Vunipola.

Replacements: 16. Luke Cowan-Dickie, 17. Matt Mullan, 18. Paul Hill, 19. Joe Launchbury, 20. Courtney Lawes, 21. Danny Care, 22. George Ford, 23. Jack Nowell.

Reckon England by 10.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:49 pm

England Saxons well ahead at the minute v their Saffer counterparts - 22-3 coming up to HT. On SS3.

Saffers in great comeback 25-24 to Eng 6 to go - good watch.

Finished 32-24 to England.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby BR » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 pm

Neill_M wrote:England Saxons well ahead at the minute v their Saffer counterparts - 22-3 coming up to HT. On SS3.

Saffers in great comeback 25-24 to Eng 6 to go - good watch.

Finished 32-24 to England.

Not really their counterparts though was it?

Saxons are an 'A' team; SA 'A' aren't.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm

BR wrote:
Neill_M wrote:England Saxons well ahead at the minute v their Saffer counterparts - 22-3 coming up to HT. On SS3.

Saffers in great comeback 25-24 to Eng 6 to go - good watch.

Finished 32-24 to England.

Not really their counterparts though was it?

Saxons are an 'A' team; SA 'A' aren't.


They are both 'A' teams, the difference being England use the Saxons as the 2nd representative team, the boks use their 20s side. The boks almost pulled off a miracle win, will not be so rusty next week - only had a few days together etc :D
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby BR » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Neill_M wrote:
BR wrote:
Neill_M wrote:England Saxons well ahead at the minute v their Saffer counterparts - 22-3 coming up to HT. On SS3.

Saffers in great comeback 25-24 to Eng 6 to go - good watch.

Finished 32-24 to England.

Not really their counterparts though was it?

Saxons are an 'A' team; SA 'A' aren't.


They are both 'A' teams, the difference being England use the Saxons as the 2nd representative team, the boks use their 20s side. The boks almost pulled off a miracle win, will not be so rusty next week - only had a few days together etc :D

Exactly The Saxons are England's second team, SA 'A' are, at best, SA's 3rd team.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Other Summer Tests

Postby bazzaj » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 am

The Welsh gave it a lash but we're completely out on their feet in the end.
They blew the game when they failed to score before half time despite being on the NZ line.
That's a big difference, Nz would have scored if the shoe was on the other foot..

Commendable effort but the main difference was the benches.
Anscombe was all over the place positionally and the others made no impact when the NZ replacements upped their intensity.
Another 5 minutes and it would have been 50.

Bad news is Wales will have to be twice as good next time out as the All blacks will not be as bad as they were in the 1st half today.

The first test is the one traditional chance to catch these sides cold.
Over to England and Ireland now.
User avatar
bazzaj
 

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->