Other Summer Tests

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Other Summer Tests

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wales 2nds just got the rounds of the kitchen from Chiefs 3rds............
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Wales 2nds just got the rounds of the kitchen from Chiefs 3rds............
Really? :shock:

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before!

Like 7 hours before! :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Wales 2nds just got the rounds of the kitchen from Chiefs 3rds............

Like 7 hours before! :lol:
Some of us still have to work for a living.......
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Like 7 hours before! Image
Some of us still have to work for a living.......
42.ie app will keep you updated through the day
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Today proved once again Wales complete lack of depth.
Their front liners can worry anyone but the commentators were saying that Wales wilt after 60 minutes due to lack of fitness.
Its more obviously because they have no quality reserves to bring on.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Hopefully that will disqualify Gatland from another Lions Tour and with him the extremely overrated Sam Warburton. Sam with all the hype should be the stand out player you'd think but he's not, goes missing in too many games both for Cardiff and Wales.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Not too many class 7s around right now so Warburton will likely go though I am more of a Tipuric fan.
So long as it's not Haskell though hopefully his performance last week was a once in a career affair and.he will return to being the brain dead gym monkey we all know and love.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:Not too many class 7s around right now so Warburton will likely go though I am more of a Tipuric fan.
So long as it's not Haskell though hopefully his performance last week was a once in a career affair and.he will return to being the brain dead gym monkey we all know and love.
I have always thought Justin Tipuric was a better all round 7 than Warburton.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great to see the sheep botherers lose any game. Delighted for them. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote: I have always thought Justin Tipuric was a better all round 7 than Warburton.
He is. Better player and better 7 and one of my favourite Welsh players along with AWJ. Gatland thinks otherwise but then again Gatland thinks that Alex Cuthbert is a rugby player when the nicest thing an honest observer could say about him is that he is a little bit better than Gerhard Van Der Heever.

>TLGH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

TV Offerings this week:

Fri

South Africa 'A' v England Saxons 6:10pm Sky Sports 3

Sat

New Zealand v Wales 08:35am Sky Sports 1
Australia v England 11am Sky Sports 1
Japan v Scotland 11:20am BBC2 Scotland (Ch 970)
South Africa v Ireland 4pm Sky Sports 1
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Not too many class 7s around right now so Warburton will likely go though I am more of a Tipuric fan.

In fairness to the asshole, he was outstanding. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Australia team to face England in the second Test

Israel Folau; Dane Haylett-Petty, Tevita Kuridrani, Samu Kerevi, Rob Horne; Bernard Foley, Nick Phipps; James Slipper, Stephen Moore (capt), Sekope Kepu, Rory Arnold, Sam Carter, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, Sean McMahon.

Replacements (three to be omitted): Tatafu Polota-Nau, Toby Smith, Greg Holmes, James Horwill, Dean Mumm, Wycliff Palu, Ben McCalman, Liam Gill, Nick Frisby, Christian Leali'ifano, Luke Morahan

Australia have brought in two new props to try to shore up their scrum for Saturday's second Test against England in Melbourne. In come James Slipper and Sekope Kepu in place of Greg Holmes and Scott Sio, with the latter not even making the bench. Sean McMahon replaces the injured David Pocock in the back row. And Sam Carter comes in for Rob Simmons, who has a back problem, in the second row.

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 James Haskell, 6 Chris Robshaw, 5 George Kruis, 4 Maro Itoje, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley, 1 Mako Vunipola

Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Matt Mullan, 18 Paul Hill, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 Courtney Lawes, 21 Jack Clifford, 22 Danny Care, 23 Elliot Daly

Nowell in for Yarde, Ford at 10. 5/2 split on the bench this week.

New Zealand: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Ben Smith, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Waisake Naholo, 10 Aaron Cruden, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Sam Cane, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brodie Retallick, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Ardie Savea, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Beauden Barrett, 23 Seta Tamanivalu

Ben Smith will be playing his 50th Test, from the left wing as he replaces Julian Savea in a side that sees the bench remains unchanged. Israel Dagg has been named at full-back for what will also be his 50th Test match while lock Sam Whitelock returns to the side, replacing Luke Romano.

Wales: 15 Rhys Patchell, 14 Liam Williams, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Hallam Amos, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Rhys Webb, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Ross Moriarty, 5 Alun Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Ken Owens, 1 Gethin Jenkins

Replacements: 16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Rob Evans, 18 Tomas Francis, 19 Bradley Davies, 20 Ellis Jenkins, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Scott Williams

Mid-week captain Luke Charteris comes in for Bradley Davies which sees the latter drop to the bench as Jake Ball misses out completely on the matchday squad. Liam Williams shifts to right wing in place of injured George North which sees Rhys Patchell slot in the full-back position. Another change amongst the replacements sees utility back Gareth Anscombe make way for fly-half Rhys Priestland.

Japan: 15 Kotaro Matsushima, 14 Mifiposeti Paea, 13 Tim Bennetts, 12 Harumichi Tatekawa, 11 Yasutaka Sasakura, 10 Yu Tamura, 9 Kaito Shigeno, 8 Amanaki Mafi, 7 Shokei Kin, 6 Hendrik Tui, 5 Naohiro Kotaki, 4 Hitoshi Ono, 3 Kensuke Hatakeyama, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Keita Inagaki

Replacements: 16 Takeshi Kizu, 17 Masataka Mikami, 18 Shinnosuke Kakinaga, 19 Kotaro Yatabe, 20 Hiroki Yamamoto, 21 Keisuke Uchida, 22 Kosei Ono, 23 Rikiya Matsuda

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Duncan Taylor, 12 Matt Scott, 11 Damien Hoyland, 10 Ruaridh Jackson, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 Ryan Wilson, 7 John Hardie, 6 John Barclay, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Willem Nel, 2 Stuart McInally, 1 Alasdair Dickinson

Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Rory Sutherland, 18 Moray Low, 19 Tim Swinson, 20 David Denton, 21 Henry Pyrgos, 22 Peter Horne, 23 Sean Maitland

Predictions: NZ by 30, Eng by 5 and Sco by 15. Last one is total guess! :D
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

As I stated several times the best chance you have of taking a major Sh scalp is the first test.
So I make that Wales are bang in trouble accompanied with a morale sapping loss to the chiefs mid week.
Nz will not be as bad as they were first half and could rack 50 upwards.

England v Oz I am just struggling to see how the Aussies are going to get a foothold in this game especially with Pococks loss. They just have nothing to match England's fantastic second rows particularly and with Farrell kicking any cheap penalties it's hard to see them losing.

Us, I like the changes which offers a difference without weakening and gives SA something else to think about.
I do worry about the bench though and my fear is being out impacted towards the end or doing a Wales as it might be known. We will need the reps especially at altitude.

No matter what happens though it's a free hit as we are significantly in credit no matter and we should be looking to have a real go.

The rest again looking deep within myself and struggling to care about.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Aussies are getting a bit paranoid about the referee etc. They attending England's pre match meeting with Mr Joubert. It is apparently allowed within the rules, but very rare for it to happen.