Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schmidt...

Post by BaggyTrousers »

>you_rock
Russ wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:What good did Joe do Irish rugby?
None.

OK, he won two Six Nations back to back. OK, he almost beat NZ at the Aviva for the first time only to be foiled at the finish. OK, his team beat the Springboks in SA, a first for Irish rugby. OK we have more players challenging for selection than normal. OK, all his players say they love his coaching and he kept Luke Marshall in the squad as 24th man right through the last 6N to have him tuned in.
But apart from these not insubstantial facts, just what has he done to deserve to keep his job?
You seem to be the only one hankering for him to be fired

Joe won 2 6Nations titles when both england and france were the opposite kf Sunni
However he did win them

Joe then had the worst 6Nations since the Kiddinya era as he was unable to evolve his team

He then selected the same out of form players to tour South Africa
They then heard the public outcry and may have faked sick

Following that Joe picked on the provinces strengths

1. A Leinster pack
2. An Ulster backline
3. Supplemented by some fresh Connacht blood (Cronin and Dillane particularly)
4. He has the Lions scrumhalf

Needless to say Joe did not put himself in this position but fell into this position purely by accident

Then let's go back to the NZ game where we "nearly" won (nearly is not winning and we should never celebraye failure)
He selected Bobbo who kicked the ball away. Wee Mads who missed the final tackle. Daverage who helped Wee Mads miss the final tackle

Now consider Australia in the same series. Whereby those same players cost us the game with their mindless play

Now consider Argentina this year. Where Joe selected players who could not cope with the pace out wide and out the entire blame on injury to one player, when actually the same mentioned players above lost us that game too

Like wales Ireland usually have a strong 1st XV and people said our SID was weak.
This weekend proved that infact our SID is strong but were just never trusted because they couldn't play the kicking system that Daverage Look ma Bobbo and Wee Mads could

Here's to a proper rugby future for Ireland. Whether with Joe or without we now know that some players are good enough and some are bench standard at best
Russ having been largely unimpressed by much of your shyte recently I have to say that barring a factual inaccuracy I agree almost entirely.

It was the sainted Janny Sexton who missed the straightforward late penalty that would have won the game.

As a related point the game was the last acceptable game Bob played in green.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though
He's from Munster... :cheers:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

thecrouch wrote:... has applied for the Crusaders job and will leave Ireland after this current tour (presumably only if he's successful in his application).

Interesting times ahead.

Hearing rumours (admittedly 2nd hand) that supposedly originate from the touring party that would suggest this (above) is now indeed the case and he will be departing after the tour.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Good

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So Andy Farrell then .............

On Schmidt, it would be odd if he were to go after the tour unless he's been told to feck off. The Super Rugby jobs are all taken until January so unless Ireland want the new boss in for the AIs then why would he go now.

That said, I don't care, good coach, crap selector. Maybe now we will see the end of:

The Dead Kearneys - no longer worth a damn
Fitzuseless -never worth a damn
Quiff - not a bad player, just not good enough in any single position to be an international, holder of far too many of PJ's caps. >threaten

Many other Mexicans, Jordi included, are fine by me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So Andy Farrell then .............

On Schmidt, it would be odd if he were to go after the tour unless he's been told to feck off. The Super Rugby jobs are all taken until January so unless Ireland want the new boss in for the AIs then why would he go now.

That said, I don't care, good coach, crap selector. Maybe now we will see the end of:

The Dead Kearneys - no longer worth a damn
Fitzuseless -never worth a damn
Quiff - not a bad player, just not good enough in any single position to be an international, holder of far too many of PJ's caps. >threaten

Many other Mexicans, Jordi included, are fine by me.
Problem being daverage bobbbo and fitzdungheap will play treviso and Caaaadiffff in september then be hyped as fighting for their shirts and get selected

We'll then get humped in Chicaaaaaaago and it will somehlw be Hendooo Bests and PJs fault
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

JS being linked with the Otago job for 2018 so Joe calls it a day with Ireland after this tour, someone i.e. Farrell runs Ireland team for 16/17, Schmidt gets Lions gig then takes the SR job.

All/some/none of the above will happen!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Don't you worry Russ, your favourite panto villains will be back in time for Christmas. >burp Maybe not Mads but you will have the full cast otherwise.
Now Quinn Roux, was he in Zorba the Greek?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:On Schmidt, it would be odd if he were to go after the tour unless he's been told to feck off.
I remember reading something about his kid maybe being able to get treatment in Australia, and he was thinking of moving home to enable it.

If so, more than fair enough.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Dublin4 wrote:Don't you worry Russ, your favourite panto villains will be back in time for Christmas. >burp Maybe not Mads but you will have the full cast otherwise.
Now Quinn Roux, was he in Zorba the Greek?
No - it was Zorba the geek.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote: Now Quinn Roux, was he in Zorba the Greek?
>appl >appl >appl

Splendid D4, I knew not to give up on you. :thumleft:

Fair enough to a degree, all of a sudden The Beast is actually being considered to be a scrummager, so you lob a lumbering giant in behind the tighthead. Personally I have long considered that the Beast only inconveniences a prop when he has a gigantic or ferociously strong hooker beside him, Bismarck & Strauss fulfilling those roles.

Anyway, an entirely new bench? I didn't think he would buy into a victory at altitude being impossible. Just imagine Jack McGrath being injured early :duh: :duh: :duh:

Mind you, that backline is almost good enough to play for Ulster. >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dublin4 wrote: Now Quinn Roux, was he in Zorba the Greek?
>appl >appl >appl

Splendid D4, I knew not to give up on you. :thumleft:

Fair enough to a degree, all of a sudden The Beast is actually being considered to be a scrummager, so you lob a lumbering giant in behind the tighthead. Personally I have long considered that the Beast only inconveniences a prop when he has a gigantic or ferociously strong hooker beside him, Bismarck & Strauss fulfilling those roles.

Anyway, an entirely new bench? I didn't think he would buy into a victory at altitude being impossible. Just imagine Jack McGrath being injured early :duh: :duh: :duh:

Mind you, that backline is almost good enough to play for Ulster. >EW
He left Mexico too.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:On Schmidt, it would be odd if he were to go after the tour unless he's been told to feck off.
I remember reading something about his kid maybe being able to get treatment in Australia, and he was thinking of moving home to enable it.

If so, more than fair enough.
Yes there is that, although I understood that one of the reasons he stayed and took Irish citizenship was because of the treatment his son got in Dublin.

But yes, of course that's fair enough. Also fair enough that if he's going he should be replaced asap, no point in him doing the AIs if he's not there for the 6Ns.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joe has started to pick decent teams and now he's leaving. Feck sake
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?