Do the NZRU do KPIs?

Or do they just go out to win?
Rem99
Initiate

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Rem99 »

So wee Mads to start this weekend on the basis that,
1. He is fresher and
2. Now we have seen what Paddy can do, it is only fair to see what Ian can do. :roll:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I have no problem with that the game is at altitude

Those who played on Saturday must be battered and bruise and may benefit from a week off .

The Bokkes having suffered a defeat will come out all guns blazing this week therefore the maybe a better opportunity for a second win in the third game than the second .

If Joe reads it that way he may rest those players he considers essential for the 3rd game .
In doing so he can assess the quality of his SID .

Because while people talk of the number of players not available due to injury some are to some extent yesterday men who may never recover to play at those levels they did previously

And some of those who played on Saturday are close to the twilight .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Keep PJ in cotton wool and lets MADSER fill his boots at altitude....

Schidt still out!
Exterminate all rational thought
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:Do the NZRU do KPIs?

Or do they just go out to win?
To be fair, winning regularly is a pretty decent indicator.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

mikerob wrote:
Nightsoil wrote:
Also would add that I read elsewhere that Guy Easterby might be seen as a successor as some...
I assume you mean Simon ! :lol:
Aye, my bad.

Agree with everyone saying the job shapes a man. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened if they'd given Schmidt a pressure free period to rebuild Ireland totally, rather than do a patch-up job post BOD/POC generation.

But there we go.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I hope Schmidt gets the job and then the all blacks. It will be much easier to play NZ if they don't offload.
Nope Schmidt will revert to the style he had Leinster playing which was very All Black style
Correct Roost.
Think people forget that total rugby Leinster played as he had the players to do it.
Hope he realises soon that there are guys in the national team that can play a similar style.
He needs to relinquish a little control and trust the players s little more.
We have better potential and depth of talent now than when he first took over.
He needs to acknowledge that
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I hope Schmidt gets the job and then the all blacks. It will be much easier to play NZ if they don't offload.
Nope Schmidt will revert to the style he had Leinster playing which was very All Black style
Correct Roost.
Think people forget that total rugby Leinster played as he had the players to do it.
Hope he realises soon that there are guys in the national team that can play a similar style.
In all seriousness Joe is very open regarding his hatred of the offload.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Correct Roost.
Feck all to do with Joe, it's the bean counters and managers in D4 that say what goes
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Correct Roost.
Feck all to do with Joe, it's the bean counters and managers in D4 that say what goes
I read that too
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Does Ireland even need a coach?
Seeing as Joe did nothing to help the team win on Saturday and has nothing to offer other than PR spin, why don't we save the salary and do without? Use the money to pay off Munster's debts?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dublin4 wrote:Does Ireland even need a coach?
Seeing as Joe did nothing to help the team win on Saturday and has nothing to offer other than PR spin, why don't we save the salary and do without? Use the money to pay off Munster's debts?
Good point, but we do need a coach who follows instructions on statistics which Joe does at present as for giving the money to the Turnips it would be better invested in Connacht as at least they are moving forward.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A bit glib. Joe is an excellent coach. Many players like Trimble say he is the best they ever worked with.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
A bit glib. Joe is an excellent coach. Many players like Trimble say he is the best they ever worked with.
he can't be two world wide searches found that the best coach in world rugby was Les Kiss.. thats official.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:
he can't be two world wide searches found that the best coach in world rugby was Les Kiss.. thats official.
Good man Cockers. If there's no fresh muck to sling, you'll reach back far enough to find some old stuff.