Schmidt...

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11240
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Shan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Dave wrote: A bit glib. Joe is an excellent coach. Many players like Trimble say he is the best they ever worked with.
Players always say that about the current coach. If someone else took over tomorrow and continued to select Trimble I reckon he'd be the best coach of all time by the end of the week.


Not that I'm saying he is not an excellent coach.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Dave » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: A bit glib. Joe is an excellent coach. Many players like Trimble say he is the best they ever worked with.
Players always say that about the current coach. If someone else took over tomorrow and continued to select Trimble I reckon he'd be the best coach of all time by the end of the week.


Not that I'm saying he is not an excellent coach.
Don't remember anyone saying that about EOS. Trimble's career was resurrected by Joe. He made him a better player. Trimble has been fairly public about saying that and didnt feel the need to say feck all about Doak who was in charge at Ulster at that time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11240
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Shan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:30 pm

Dave wrote: Don't remember anyone saying that about EOS. Trimble's career was resurrected by Joe. He made him a better player. Trimble has been fairly public about saying that and didnt feel the need to say feck all about Doak who was in charge at Ulster at that time.
OK I don't remember him saying Eddie was the best ever when he was the Irish coach, though it would have been utterly meaningless if he had as Eddie gave him his first cap so he didn't have too many coaches to judge him against, but he did back him strongly and publicly, and did so at the darkest hour. I'm just a touch wary of players' opinions on current coaches. Note though I am not suggesting any dishonesty on any player's part. This is just the way it is. When a player is retired and has moved away from any professional interaction with the IRFU I'd be inclined to listen to him regarding who was and was not the better coaches, players etc he had dealings with over the years.

Oh and there would be no need to say anything about Doak. Trimble is an ambitious guy who is well aware that international rugby is the important thing in terms of analysing one's career. Waste of his time praising a third rate coach of a provincial team.


http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/irish-forums-24358.html
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

Dublin4
Warrior
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Dublin4 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:26 am

What good did Joe do Irish rugby?
None.

OK, he won two Six Nations back to back. OK, he almost beat NZ at the Aviva for the first time only to be foiled at the finish. OK, his team beat the Springboks in SA, a first for Irish rugby. OK we have more players challenging for selection than normal. OK, all his players say they love his coaching and he kept Luke Marshall in the squad as 24th man right through the last 6N to have him tuned in.
But apart from these not insubstantial facts, just what has he done to deserve to keep his job?

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Russ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:53 am

Dublin4 wrote:What good did Joe do Irish rugby?
None.

OK, he won two Six Nations back to back. OK, he almost beat NZ at the Aviva for the first time only to be foiled at the finish. OK, his team beat the Springboks in SA, a first for Irish rugby. OK we have more players challenging for selection than normal. OK, all his players say they love his coaching and he kept Luke Marshall in the squad as 24th man right through the last 6N to have him tuned in.
But apart from these not insubstantial facts, just what has he done to deserve to keep his job?
You seem to be the only one hankering for him to be fired

Joe won 2 6Nations titles when both england and france were the opposite kf Sunni
However he did win them

Joe then had the worst 6Nations since the Kiddinya era as he was unable to evolve his team

He then selected the same out of form players to tour South Africa
They then heard the public outcry and may have faked sick

Following that Joe picked on the provinces strengths

1. A Leinster pack
2. An Ulster backline
3. Supplemented by some fresh Connacht blood (Cronin and Dillane particularly)
4. He has the Lions scrumhalf

Needless to say Joe did not put himself in this position but fell into this position purely by accident

Then let's go back to the NZ game where we "nearly" won (nearly is not winning and we should never celebraye failure)
He selected Bobbo who kicked the ball away. Wee Mads who missed the final tackle. Daverage who helped Wee Mads miss the final tackle

Now consider Australia in the same series. Whereby those same players cost us the game with their mindless play

Now consider Argentina this year. Where Joe selected players who could not cope with the pace out wide and out the entire blame on injury to one player, when actually the same mentioned players above lost us that game too

Like wales Ireland usually have a strong 1st XV and people said our SID was weak.
This weekend proved that infact our SID is strong but were just never trusted because they couldn't play the kicking system that Daverage Look ma Bobbo and Wee Mads could

Here's to a proper rugby future for Ireland. Whether with Joe or without we now know that some players are good enough and some are bench standard at best

User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 20271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am

Shan wrote:
Dave wrote: Don't remember anyone saying that about EOS. Trimble's career was resurrected by Joe. He made him a better player. Trimble has been fairly public about saying that and didnt feel the need to say feck all about Doak who was in charge at Ulster at that time.
OK I don't remember him saying Eddie was the best ever when he was the Irish coach, though it would have been utterly meaningless if he had as Eddie gave him his first cap so he didn't have too many coaches to judge him against, but he did back him strongly and publicly, and did so at the darkest hour. I'm just a touch wary of players' opinions on current coaches. Note though I am not suggesting any dishonesty on any player's part. This is just the way it is. When a player is retired and has moved away from any professional interaction with the IRFU I'd be inclined to listen to him regarding who was and was not the better coaches, players etc he had dealings with over the years.

Oh and there would be no need to say anything about Doak. Trimble is an ambitious guy who is well aware that international rugby is the important thing in terms of analysing one's career. Waste of his time praising a third rate coach of a provincial team.


http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/irish-forums-24358.html
I didn't mean Trimble specifically. Just in general I don't know of any player saying EOS was best. Therefore your statement in the previous post about players always saying the current coach is the best ever is fairly erroneous. I could be wrong. If you want an in-depth pointless debate please see Rum. I was simply trying to wind up D4!!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?

Dublin4
Warrior
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Dublin4 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:58 am

Dave
we are all in WUM form today. All good fun.

Kearney v NZ, maybe he was at fault at the end but what about his try earlier in the game?

Fresh Connacht blood? Cronin? Hardly? I have been watching him in the RDS for years.

Argentina in the RWC? Where we had spent ourselves beating France to the extent that POC had ended his career and Payne the best organiser was also unfit.

To be serious for a moment, I really hope Joe bites the bullet and plays a different XV and keeps the first team for the third test.

User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11007
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Jackie Brown » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Russ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Russ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Dublin4 wrote:Dave
we are all in WUM form today. All good fun.

Kearney v NZ, maybe he was at fault at the end but what about his try earlier in the game?

Fresh Connacht blood? Cronin? Hardly? I have been watching him in the RDS for years.

Argentina in the RWC? Where we had spent ourselves beating France to the extent that POC had ended his career and Payne the best organiser was also unfit.

To be serious for a moment, I really hope Joe bites the bullet and plays a different XV and keeps the first team for the third test.
Anyone could have ran in Bobbos try
All his wee huff and puff just looking for a man to run into or to kick the ball away
Superstar

Spent against France? Don't make me laugh. Wee Gazza mads won us the game v France on his own dont you know

The reasons we lost against the Argies are simple. We had no wide defence and that had nothing to do with Payne missing at 13 and everything to do with some over rated mexicans

User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11816
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Schmidt...

Post by pwrmoore » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though
Nope - Munster - born in Limerick and was in the Munster Academy before moving to Connacht. >TT
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Russ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:23 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though
Nope - Munster - born in Limerick and was in the Munster Academy before moving to Connacht. >TT
So Connacht then

User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11816
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Schmidt...

Post by pwrmoore » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though
Nope - Munster - born in Limerick and was in the Munster Academy before moving to Connacht. >TT
So Connacht then
Nope - From Munster.

2 caps for Munster >60 for Connacht and >100 for Leinster. If birth counts then it has to be Munster, if it's based on caps or Length of service it's Leinster. But don't think you can claim he's from Connacht.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:

User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Schmidt...

Post by Russ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:31 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Cronin is brad pitt

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He's still from connacht though
Nope - Munster - born in Limerick and was in the Munster Academy before moving to Connacht. >TT
So Connacht then
Nope - From Munster.

2 caps for Munster >60 for Connacht and >100 for Leinster. If birth counts then it has to be Munster, if it's based on caps or Length of service it's Leinster. But don't think you can claim he's from Connacht.
I can claim what I wish
Needless to say he made his breakthrough in the west. Therefore he is a westie

Not a mexican nor a turnip. But definitely not a mexican

User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11816
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Schmidt...

Post by pwrmoore » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:37 pm

You're right Russ. You CAN claim what you want - but you're still wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: >TT :mexican:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:

Post Reply