Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 13 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 667879
Total topics 19215
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

McCloskey

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

McCloskey

Postby Spiffsson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:47 pm

There is some garbled chat on the Tornips board that McCloskey refused to be on the player stand by list for SA and buggered off to watch international fitba in Europe. Anyone know anything about this that is more than just rumour?
User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1763
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: McCloskey

Postby Cracker » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:11 pm

If he did you can't really blame him in the circumstances of his omission from the squad.
User avatar
Cracker
Squire
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby Spiffsson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Cracker wrote:If he did you can't really blame him in the circumstances of his omission from the squad.


What circumstances? Other than just not getting picked. Turned out that Marshall and Olding were good choices.
If it's true he has probably queered his pitch for future caps.
User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1763
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: McCloskey

Postby Russ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Was anybody actually called up?
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: McCloskey

Postby ruckover » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Spiffsson wrote:
Cracker wrote:If he did you can't really blame him in the circumstances of his omission from the squad.


What circumstances? Other than just not getting picked. Turned out that Marshall and Olding were good choices.
If it's true he has probably queered his pitch for future caps.

His omission was on the basis that he would "benefit from a full pre-season", which usually tends to be the case for players short on game time or just back from injury. It was a nonsensical reason for him not to travel, especially given some players who were initially named in the squad to travel had played about two games in the build up to the tour. Not only that but Olding travelled despite being behind him in the pecking order with us. Now, logic of course is that Olding offers a utility option but nevertheless it must have hurt to be behind him in the national reckoning.

Honestly? Can't blame him for taking the hump. I probably would have been quite angry too.

That said, if true, this reeks of unprofessionalism and doesn't sit well with me. I would sincerely like to hope it isn't true.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
User avatar
ruckover
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7609
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: My house

Re: McCloskey

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Smells like bullcrap
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20229
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby Snipe Watson » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:36 pm

I would be staggered and disappointed if it comes out that this is the case.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:03 am

Snipe Watson wrote:I would be staggered and disappointed if it comes out that this is the case.


Just read Ruckie's wide words. Essentially Schmidt gave him the summer off. Of course being a liar, FerBrains would probably deny it.

Anyway, why are we discussing what some >TM >TT said.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30213
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: McCloskey

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:10 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I would be staggered and disappointed if it comes out that this is the case.


Just read Ruckie's wide words. Essentially Schmidt gave him the summer off. Of course being a liar, FerBrains would probably deny it.

Anyway, why are we discussing what some >TM >TT said.

A-ha I hadn't spotted Spiffy's Turnipstan connection. Stand down the dogs of war.
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby Cockatrice » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:15 am

I seen small p at the Euros maybe it was him that told Ireland to stick their stand-by list...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7965
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: McCloskey

Postby Spiffsson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:40 am

Cockatrice wrote:I seen small p at the Euros maybe it was him that told Ireland to stick their stand-by list...


Maybe he was offered the slot when my blind, one-legged granny with emphysema cried off?
User avatar
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1763
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Mooseistan

Re: McCloskey

Postby Dave » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Spiffsson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I seen small p at the Euros maybe it was him that told Ireland to stick their stand-by list...


Maybe he was offered the slot when my blind, one-legged granny with emphysema cried off?

Can she play 6?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 20229
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby Russ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Dan Tuohy (who we were once told can play 6) was at the Euros with McGoldrick
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: McCloskey

Postby Snipe Watson » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Did Trimble not answer the number 6 question during the first test?
#NotMyCountry
User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 22860
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: McCloskey

Postby Russ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:Did Trimble not answer the number 6 question during the first test?

But he wasn't at the euros
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28295
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->