Autumn Internationals 2016

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Re: Autumn Internationals 2016

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

againstthehead wrote:
rumncoke wrote:I think the part of the reason Ireland achieved success in the AI s is down to the fact Joe rested the players after the first match EoS and Kidney would have fielded the same players against Canada with only minor changes due to injury .

In four matches the second row consisted of Toner ,Ryan , Holland Dillane and Henderson

The back row SoB , Heaslip , Stander PoM and JVdF ,

With the bench being used on most occasions between 50 and 65 mins

Neither EoS or Kidney would have either made the changes in personnel or used the bench as intelligently .

Bench players under EoS came on 5 mins from time

There must be Irish players who have 8 caps for only 40 minutes on the pitch which failed to those players any real International Experience .

Carberry has possibly more experience in 4 weeks than Paddy Wallace had in 4 years

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Also helped by this being the worst ozzie side that I can remember.
That doesn't hold up i'm afraid, from the WC final only 5 players were different, and at least one of those 5 were injured - Douglas, Fardy, Mitchell, Giteau and AAC are the only players that started the final that didn't start on Saturday. Haylett-Petty, Speight, Mumm etc aren't bad replacements.

Beating all 3 SH teams in one year is not something that may be repeated again for quite some time so give Best et al credit were credit is due
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

big mervyn wrote:
UlsterAreBrill wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Since the days when we threatened to win something, Muller, Ferris etal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Even then we never threatened to win anything

Heiny final in 2012 was the closest we came and at that we were never going to win, we only got there because of an easy semi final
Pro12 final in 2013 was the one we could have/should have? won.
Should probably have won it but even if Diack had grounded that it wouldn't surprise me if Leinster found a way back in to the game after that
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:ATH

Read the post ffs it is a comparison of Joe to EoS and Kidney neither of whom could see beyond a squad of 28 players and abused them by asking them to play to many games ( at International level ) in a short period of time . and by confining their selection failed to develop any experience in depth by poor use of the bench.

I believe that the golden boys could have achieved more had they been better used and sometimes rested between major games.

All 3 coaches had and have only really 4 provinces to select from the pool of players is not any bigger now than then .
Kidney blooded an entire team of youngsters in multiple tests in his final years during the radge mental breakdown period
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

That may be true but it was a case of " have to " rather than desire to and I don't remember Kidney playing so many players in a four week period 5 second row forwards 6 back row forwards .

I have not considered the backs because the changes were mostly the product of injury although the backs playing Canada were total different to those playing the ABs the week before and some would not have been due to injury .

In my opinion the win against Australia was down to the fact the forwards were less exhausted than they would have been if either Kidney or EoS had been Coach .

Because it was the forwards who won the game when the back line defence in the second half was a make do assembly of players 2 of whom are undisciplined and frequently fail to defend as part of a unit .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

eos and kidney didn't have this guy :duck:
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:That may be true but it was a case of " have to " rather than desire to and I don't remember Kidney playing so many players in a four week period 5 second row forwards 6 back row forwards .

I have not considered the backs because the changes were mostly the product of injury although the backs playing Canada were total different to those playing the ABs the week before and some would not have been due to injury .

In my opinion the win against Australia was down to the fact the forwards were less exhausted than they would have been if either Kidney or EoS had been Coach .

Because it was the forwards who won the game when the back line defence in the second half was a make do assembly of players 2 of whom are undisciplined and frequently fail to defend as part of a unit .

I blame BoD
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Usually do Russ. Where's Baggy when you need him?
Loading his gun I reckon
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Usually do Russ. Where's Baggy when you need him?
Sorry Mum, was slumbering trying to shake of my nth headache of the current bout - 5 weeks on Wednesday - you see, here is the thing, Agen-le-tete is what, in the Pre PC World (not the company), we would have called "a fūcking spastic" who never ever thinks before running his mouth.

Oz of course had won 6 of their last 8 matches, the losses being to NZ and they are not hugely different from the side who gave NZ a hell of a battle in the RWC Final. Never letting the facts get in the way of his bullshit, Agen decrees them the worse Oz team he can remember.

MUM, let me condense the issue into simple terms for the benefit of all. It is clear and obvious that Agen has the memory of a goldfish and the brain of an elephantine pile of dung.

I hope it's been worth the wait. >EW
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
rumncoke wrote:That may be true but it was a case of " have to " rather than desire to and I don't remember Kidney playing so many players in a four week period 5 second row forwards 6 back row forwards .

I blame BoD
Maybe you two should try the facts occasionally. In his last 6 Nations, knowing his job was in severe jeopardy, Deccie got a run of injuries which make any of Ulster's recent experience look normal.

For example, in his last two seasons, he never once had BOD & Paulie on the pitch at the same time. However if you need any demonstration of how bad things got, look no further than the fact that he had to cap Paul Marshall thrice.

Here, I was saving these for Christmas but sure .........
Clownshoes.jpg
Clownshoes.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Poeboy.jpg
Poeboy.jpg (7.99 KiB) Viewed 738 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As rugby continues to go soft, I see with consternation that Dean Mumm has been cited for upending Furlong.

It was of course within the remit of the Citing Commissioner but I thought Garces & Owens had it pegged exactly right on the day. It was illegal but not overly dangerous given it was "not dynamic". From memory only for I have not seen it again, the other Aussie involved in the lift actually brought Furlong to ground with his hands under the head. Stand to be corrected on that.

I expect another "no case to answer" unless there really is one rule for NZ & another for others.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The only thing which stopped the red card was the fact 2 were involved and thus blame was joint

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:The only thing which stopped the red card was the fact 2 were involved and thus blame was joint

This has been another crackpot theory brought to you by Ron'n'lack of raisin.

FFFS Ron'n did you not hear the conversation between Garces and Nige? They very clearly gave the reason for a yellow card and why they decided it was not red, but no, you have your own insane theory of their action. Were they lying for TV? Having a wee laugh at our expense? Dishonest? What were they doing? Talk us through it. :banghead:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:The only thing which stopped the red card was the fact 2 were involved and thus blame was joint

This has been another crackpot theory brought to you by Ron'n'lack of raisin.

FFFS Ron'n did you not hear the conversation between Garces and Nige? They very clearly gave the reason for a yellow card and why they decided it was not red, but no, you have your own insane theory of their action. Were they lying for TV? Having a wee laugh at our expense? Dishonest? What were they doing? Talk us through it. :banghead:
Nige needs his moment of glory
Add to that Nige giving the finger to a kid and his batman boots all whilst missing a clear red card then it wasn't a good week for Nige
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Why had Nigel any input to the decision ? Report the incident - yes . Having watched the replay the ref should make his own decision

Blood "Civil Service " decision by committee to avoid the flak if wrong

Toner achieved his normal card quota anybody taking him by the legs with an upward movement tips him head first .

For a ref who red carded an accident in the first 5 mins it is a hell of a back down

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ah, how rather splendid. :D

More bullshite from the twin sons of insanity. :lol: :lol: :lol: