Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
SCOTT wrote:Still can't get it. I know in Ulster we are only happy when we can find a chip to shoulder BUT How can the IRFU allow a Tv deal that excludes part of what is supposed to be an All Ireland sport
Don't know it is blocked on RTE via Sky SD and HD, but the youtube stream is pretty good. Game is not amazing mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing, Rte don't have the license to broadcast it the UK. The union makes no practical sense. It's the same when you pop over the border, your mobile phone becomes useless.
Maybe, will the senior game be available or just stick with BBC?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
SCOTT wrote:Still can't get it. I know in Ulster we are only happy when we can find a chip to shoulder BUT How can the IRFU allow a Tv deal that excludes part of what is supposed to be an All Ireland sport
Don't know it is blocked on RTE via Sky SD and HD, but the youtube stream is pretty good. Game is not amazing mind.

I'm guessing, Rte don't have the license to broadcast it the UK. The union makes no practical sense. It's the same when you pop over the border, your mobile phone becomes useless.

Ryle Nugent is worth avoiding.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Ryle Nugent is worth avoiding.
BBC coverage is not brilliant but is light years better than ITV!

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Deraless wrote:
mea97mb wrote:Its being streamed live on scottish rugbys youtube channel. Might have to mute the commentary though.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip-off.

Sneaky win. Second best but a MOTM performance from McPhillips was the difference. Getting the MOTM from a "slightly" partisan commentary team shows how good he was. Only real error was 1 kick out on the full. Kicking, and especially his clearance kicking was superb. Also was a nusance in defence.

Set piece was shocking. Line out throws wayward and scrum just about held up when it mattered but gave away a lot of pens. Both packs in the loose were evenly matched.

Stewart didn't have a great game but the sub scrum-half certainly wasn't better.

Ground out a win.
Mcphilips kicks well, runs up his own backside and doesn't pass the ball.

Stewart was poor, seems to want to control the game but not sure having the forwards going round the corner phase after phase after phase if great game management. Passing was ok in places and box kicking wasn't great.

Cooper scrummaging doesn't look up to it. Around the park defensively I thought he was effective.

Rea is absolutely huge, came on the last 10mins but didn't really get an opportunity to do anything.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

what was the final score?.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

solidarity wrote:what was the final score?.
20-19

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I thought we were lucky enough, we struggled defensively at times but did enough to keep the Scots out. McPhillips was excellent and his boot is an absolute weapon. I thought Stewart was good too. He controlled the game well at times. On 65 minutes we drove up about 60 metres with Stewart picking out non-static runners. Fairly basic concept but unthinkable for p to fathom.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is there a single poster who believes Stewart is a better prospect than O'Donnell? Maybe Ciaran Campbell's personal spat aside, nobody does.

Then again I hate young people and what would I know?.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:I thought we were lucky enough, we struggled defensively at times but did enough to keep the Scots out. McPhillips was excellent and his boot is an absolute weapon. I thought Stewart was good too. He controlled the game well at times. On 65 minutes we drove up about 60 metres with Stewart picking out non-static runners. Fairly basic concept but unthinkable for p to fathom.
I mean McPhillips has an excellent boot but his all round game leaves a lot to be desired.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Is there a single poster who believes Stewart is a better prospect than O'Donnell? Maybe Ciaran Campbell's personal spat aside, nobody does.

To be fair, I felt the game plan from Ireland was very negative. If Stewart is following a game plan then he did alright.

If RO'D is picked for Ireland u19s AGAIN having gone unnoticed/unappreciated by Ulster this year AGAIN then questions definitely need to be asked of the staff in underage set up.

I have wondered if the game plan for all the Ireland underage teams is the same. Haven't seen any width in a single game I have watched. All broken field running with the likes of ringrose,stockdale,macken to name a few. Always a solid maul mind you.

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Is there a single poster who believes Stewart is a better prospect than O'Donnell? Maybe Ciaran Campbell's personal spat aside, nobody does.

I wouldn't say so, though Stewart does have the makings of a pro player and still is a better prospect than any of our scrumhalves over the last however long. Saw O'Donnell earlier today and though it was against not a great Ballyclare team he was still excellent, dependent on how he develops physically he has the makings of a possible international.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

therealspratt wrote:

I wouldn't say so, though Stewart does have the makings of a pro player and still is a better prospect than any of our scrumhalves over the last however long. Saw O'Donnell earlier today and though it was against not a great Ballyclare team he was still excellent, dependent on how he develops physically he has the makings of a possible international.
Stringer.

If your good enough your good enough.

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Stringer.

True, though I'd say part of O'Donnell's upside is his ability to break and get tries, and we'll see whether he can translate it to when he's up against much bigger lads.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kingofthehill wrote:If RO'D is picked for Ireland u19s AGAIN having gone unnoticed/unappreciated by Ulster this year AGAIN then questions definitely need to be asked of the staff in underage set up.
I have wondered several times in the past about such things, players being picked for Ireland squads and sides yet don't feature at Ulster level, very strange
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Stringer.

True, though I'd say part of O'Donnell's upside is his ability to break and get tries, and we'll see whether he can translate it to when he's up against much bigger lads.
Perhaps there is a touch of maverick in his game and thinks on the pitch rather than follows plans, that would be frowned upon at a higher level :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best