U20 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

pg106
Initiate

Re: U20 6 Nations 2017

Post by pg106 »

Rooster, Paul Marshall has made a career out of not thinking on the pitch, not following game plans and being a maverick. If RO'D can at least think, he will be a step up from what we have.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:If RO'D is picked for Ireland u19s AGAIN having gone unnoticed/unappreciated by Ulster this year AGAIN then questions definitely need to be asked of the staff in underage set up.
I have wondered several times in the past about such things, players being picked for Ireland squads and sides yet don't feature at Ulster level, very strange
Speaking as a man who can barely tolerate yutes, I am out of touch, are the underage teams still picked largely on who your uncle or father was, whether you are a relative of a McKibben or a Kiernan, Murphy, Old UNcle Tom Cobley & all. Or is coming from a traditional rugby school the way to go these days.

Many are the number of crap players who became recognised for little more than their lineage. I hope it may be a little different these days.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've never seen O'Donnell,but a good judge of my acquaintance said he's the most intelligent player he's seen since Darren Cave was a school child.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Have been told Ballymena Academy have a disproportionate number of players in the Ulster set up this year because of the coaching make up.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:If RO'D is picked for Ireland u19s AGAIN having gone unnoticed/unappreciated by Ulster this year AGAIN then questions definitely need to be asked of the staff in underage set up.
I have wondered several times in the past about such things, players being picked for Ireland squads and sides yet don't feature at Ulster level, very strange
Speaking as a man who can barely tolerate yutes, I am out of touch, are the underage teams still picked largely on who your uncle or father was, whether you are a relative of a McKibben or a Kiernan, Murphy, Old UNcle Tom Cobley & all. Or is coming from a traditional rugby school the way to go these days.

Many are the number of crap players who became recognised for little more than their lineage. I hope it may be a little different these days.
O'Donnell is of a lineage himself though...
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

With the odd exception if you go to a school outside of belfast your in.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Blow in wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

With the odd exception if you go to a school outside of belfast your in.
That would explain why all of the Enniskillen, Armagh, Dungannon and Omagh first XVs are part of the squad then :roll: :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A great load of male cow crap being spouted re in schools etc

My view of the Academy underage would be its look see in approach and if good enough with the what would appear to be a proper attitude an offer would be made the non acceptance would be by the player rather than the branch

The great decider would be attitude .

I would consider any player with membership of the master race if any use would be smiled upon subject to attitude.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A great load of male cow crap being spouted re in schools etc

My view of the Academy underage would be its look see in approach and if good enough with the what would appear to be a proper attitude an offer would be made the non acceptance would be by the player rather than the branch

I would consider any player with membership of the master race if any use would be smiled upon subject to attitude.

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

rumncoke wrote:A great load of male cow crap being spouted re in schools etc

Don't think it's appropriate to use 'Masterrace'.

If your good enough your good enough,whether it's at Ulster or not is the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Put it between " " and many former pupils don't object to that reference .

Mainly because in terms of string pulling - they are masters at it and admit it .

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Put it between " " and many former pupils don't object to that reference .

Mainly because in terms of string pulling - they are masters at it and admit it .

No they aren't, they can't hold a candle to Hogwarts on the Belmont Road, an ex-Hogwartian once proudly told me, ex-Hogwartians may not excel in the brains department but you'll seldom see one unemployed :D .
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Samuel Beckett I think referred to them as the "cream of Ulster "
rich and thick .

As some one once said to me he never heard of an Former pupil of the city's Inst being jailed .

Unfortunately that is not true of the school I attended but it did have it share of Heroes as well
as villains

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Samuel Beckett I think referred to them as the "cream of Ulster "
rich and thick .

As some one once said to me he never heard of an Former pupil of the city's Inst being jailed .

Unfortunately that is not true of the school I attended but it did have it share of Heroes as well
as villains

You attended school?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

24/7