Weemen's Rugby

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Weemen's Rugby

Post by Dublin4 »

Now that the wheels have fallen off this wholly contrived and fake Ireland womens team, we need to be honest about the huge hyping of women's rugby over the last few years by the IRFU and the media, all done in the spirit of political correctness with an eye on government money for "inclusion".

I happen to know a few veteran (I am of that age) ladies hockey players who have been in despair down here. Basically a century or more of ladies hockey has been forgotten about in the race to adapt women to playing rugby.

Women's hockey being a middle class sport down and in direct competition to rugby here has been the big loser to the unrelenting attention given to this new fangled idea of women being let play rugby. There is no base of women players as there has been of girls schools playing hockey.

There is something cynical about the waste of public money on this "sport".
Browne and the rest of the IRFU have gone on with this travesty of a sport all for the sake of political correctness and let's be frank, filthy lucre.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Now that the wheels have fallen off this wholly contrived and fake Ireland womens team, we need to be honest about the huge hyping of women's rugby over the last few years by the IRFU and the media, all done in the spirit of political correctness with an eye on government money for "inclusion".

I happen to know a few veteran (I am of that age) ladies hockey players who have been in despair down here. Basically a century or more of ladies hockey has been forgotten about in the race to adapt women to playing rugby.

Women's hockey being a middle class sport down and in direct competition to rugby here has been the big loser to the unrelenting attention given to this new fangled idea of women being let play rugby. There is no base of women players as there has been of girls schools playing hockey.

Browne and the rest of the IRFU have gone on with this travesty of a sport all for the sake of political correctness and let's be frank, filthy lucre.
Nucifora has a lot to answer for

Anyway that haka was the funniest thing you'll see all year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hockey can fcuk off. It's utter shyte.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Hockey can fcuk off. It's utter shyte.
Unwatchable, men's and weemin's.

Not many stoppages in weemin's rugby. The matches don't take 2 hrs to complete. :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

jean valjean wrote:England v France is a decent full blooded affair. 3 points a piece with the French looking the better team. Fairly empty spanners though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
sold out couldn't get tickets and a great advert for the real RWC in 2023.

ps.. what anthem did Ireland play as it must have been an away game?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dublin4 wrote:Now that the wheels have fallen off this wholly contrived and fake Ireland womens team, we need to be honest about the huge hyping of women's rugby over the last few years by the IRFU and the media, all done in the spirit of political correctness with an eye on government money for "inclusion".

+ 1
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cockatrice wrote:

+ 1
+2
I'd rather watch mens or womens hockey than have to endure those two semi finals I attempted to watch today but failed to see them out.
Too painful.

Go to any school and watch a better standard of boys rugby at any first team level.
Having said that the New Zealand winger was well handy.
It may take years for the rest to catch up.

I think the Aussies had the right idea in their 7s recruitment for their gold medal Olympic side.
They picked top athletes in other sports and coached them to play rugby.
Those sides today just simply lacked those skills and athleticism required to create some sort of a decent spectacle.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hockey is basically a joke. It's like a bad stag party game you'd play in Magaluf. Here lads do you want to play golf-football?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Hockey is basically a joke. It's like a bad stag party game you'd play in Magaluf. Here lads do you want to play golf-football?
Tcch Dave, it's called Foot Golf ye numpty :roll: :lol: Supposed to be the new craze sweeping the Costa Blanca last year. Then nada.

The weemin's rugby is a decent enough watch, especially when Mrs BM has got Holby City on in the other room.

I often wonder what sport kids would play at school if they actually had a free choice. 99% of the boys would probably opt for soccer. Not sure about the girls, but I wouldn't be surprised if hockey and netball were not at the top of the list.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Great tournament so far great to watch .
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

That haka is the funniest thing ever

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
jean valjean wrote:England v France is a decent full blooded affair. 3 points a piece with the French looking the better team. Fairly empty spanners though.

sold out couldn't get tickets and a great advert for the real RWC in 2023.

ps.. what anthem did Ireland play as it must have been an away game?
You know full well Ireland only play irelands call at world cups leaving the divisive anthem to their wee b1got fans when they play in dublin

Sooner the b1got album goes the better

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Some absolute horse tom kite written on here.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Vanhelsing wrote:Great tournament so far great to watch .
Tell that to the empty stands.

Unless I didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

Genuine question,
Is it a case of people don't know what they are missing and we need to give this wonderful spectacle even more exposure?
Or are people just not nor never will be interested?

The French do though as they have viewing figures in the millions as opposed to a few hundred thousand here so I guess we should be asking why the French find it more appealing.
Is it down to simple patriotism or are the rest of us just blinded by male chauvinism?
Including the women.

My best guess is it won't be long before they tag it along with male rugby like they do with other sports in order to ride its commercially.
Like they do with the six nations in fact.
Last edited by bazzaj on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mansplaining