Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Summer Tours

Post by rumncoke »

typical Dave "Japan are Brad Pitt"

The only area where Ireland were 100 % better was the set scrum

The Japanese Lind out was very good ( on their own ball )

Their handling was fast and sure and quicker than Irelands their lack of physical presence in the loose meant they were frequently second best

They were a step up from the USA but not tier 1

Earls has scored 26 trys of which 12 have been scored against tier 2 teams and if Italy are considered tier 2 then 18 trys the space he gets against tier 2 teams allows him to use his speed to advantage .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:typical Dave "Japan are Brad Pitt"

The only area where Ireland were 100 % better was the set scrum

The Japanese Lind out was very good ( on their own ball )

Their handling was fast and sure and quicker than Irelands their lack of physical presence in the loose meant they were frequently second best

They were a step up from the USA but not tier 1

Earls has scored 26 trys of which 12 have been scored against tier 2 teams and if Italy are considered tier 2 then 18 trys the space he gets against tier 2 teams allows him to use his speed to advantage .
The only area? What about scoring tries?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rumsplaining. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Japan were well drilled and kept playing, but were outgunned.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great to see Ireland have a winger who can score tries. Pity the Lions don't have one.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Earls might score trys for the Lions, but I doubt it, and Garland can't risk his defensive weaknesses .His scoring record against tier 1 opposition is not inspiring .
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Earls might score trys for the Lions, but I doubt it, and Garland can't risk his defensive weaknesses .His scoring record against tier 1 opposition is not inspiring .
Allow me to destroy your post Ron'n:

1) "Garland can't risk his defensive weaknesses" yet he selects thon big Welsh pillock who is the antithesis of defensively sound.
2) "His scoring record against tier 1 opposition is not inspiring" Really? I tell you this, it's magnificent compared to Roger Baird & W@nkbasket Fitzgerald, both Lions and doubtless many others who don't spring as readily to mind, neither with remotely as good a record as Keet Urls and though I'll not say Keet's defence is brilliant, he's as brave as they come.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Great to see Ireland have a winger who can score tries. Pity the Lions don't have one.
Mind you I'd have kicked his arsehole for not making the kick as easy as possible, holding the ball like a spasmagorical idiot as if saying, "look on my works ye mighty and despair". Chube.
:roll:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:Great to see Ireland have a winger who can score tries. Pity the Lions don't have one.
You talking about Stockwell ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:Earls might score trys for the Lions, but I doubt it, and Garland can't risk his defensive weaknesses .His scoring record against tier 1 opposition is not inspiring .
What defensive weakness? Have you not been watching Earls for the past couple of seasons? Pound for pound he's one of the most aggressive tacklers on the Ireland team. He is not big,but he does get stuck in.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Earl's problem is nothing to do with bravery it is technique and position . He tends to act independently rather than part of a collective team defence .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote:Earl's problem is nothing to do with bravery it is technique and position . He tends to act independently rather than part of a collective team defence .

Example please, from any of his last ten international test matches or any game played for Munster this season. Lets talk specifics, I'm calling you out >6shooter

One example will do, but I'd say you could list ten without thinking too hard...... go on.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Earl's problem is nothing to do with bravery it is technique and position . He tends to act independently rather than part of a collective team defence .

Example please, from any of his last ten international test matches or any game played for Munster this season. Lets talk specifics, I'm calling you out >6shooter

One example will do, but I'd say you could list ten without thinking too hard...... go on.
Good luck no9. Don't expect a coherent response.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Summer Tours

Post by rumncoke »

Against Scotland second try

and the All Blacks are not Tier 2 , or Pro 12 - their wings seldom try to run round their opposite number but over them if they have to .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rum is correct

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk