Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

June 2019

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

Who is online

In total there are 15 users online :: 6 registered, 1 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Rob6, SemrushBot, solidarity


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 668067
Total topics 19219
Total members 2947
Our newest member IanBru

Birthdays

Congratulations to: RedHand Man (33)

Ireland u20s

Stuff from around the world.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Columbo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm

worth bearing in mind for anyone downplaying the result, that England team is littered with guys with significant amounts of AP rugby under their belts - far more than the Irish squad, the only guy with meaningful first team experience is Kernohan
..one more thing
User avatar
Columbo
Initiate
 
Posts: 537
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby kingofthehill » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Columbo wrote:worth bearing in mind for anyone downplaying the result, that England team is littered with guys with significant amounts of AP rugby under their belts - far more than the Irish squad, the only guy with meaningful first team experience is Kernohan


Incredible result,they have done it twice against a quality English side.

Can someone tell me what Kernohan is good at? I’m really struggling to see what he brings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
User avatar
kingofthehill
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 pm

kingofthehill wrote:
Columbo wrote:worth bearing in mind for anyone downplaying the result, that England team is littered with guys with significant amounts of AP rugby under their belts - far more than the Irish squad, the only guy with meaningful first team experience is Kernohan


Incredible result,they have done it twice against a quality English side.

Can someone tell me what Kernohan is good at? I’m really struggling to see what he brings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I struggle as well, was it him though on the outside of Healy who had the boot on the line?

The Healy try was fine it was not his foot on line, the first grounding was dubious though.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 40132
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:43 am

The English lad got a 5 week ban for his red card. Misses rest of tournament and 1st game in 2019/20 season.

HIGH RISK CONTACT TECHNIQUE WARNINGS
The following players received High Risk Contact Technique Warnings arising from match-day one under the trial in operation at the World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 with respect to upright tackles which result in contact with an opponent’s head:

Santiago Chocobares (Argentina No.12)
Lachlan Lonergan (Australia No.2)
Julien Delbois (France No.12)
Jonathan Wren (Ireland No.11)
Ronan Watters (Ireland No.20)
James Mollentze (South Africa No.10)

Coaches now have the opportunity to conduct a coaching session with the players to address their tackling technique to the satisfaction of the Citing Commissioner in order to have the first warning removed from the players’ records. Two Technique Warnings in the tournament will result in a one-match suspension.

https://www.world.rugby/u20/news/429067?lang=en
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Columbo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Neill_M wrote:The English lad got a 5 week ban for his red card. Misses rest of tournament and 1st game in 2019/20 season.

HIGH RISK CONTACT TECHNIQUE WARNINGS
The following players received High Risk Contact Technique Warnings arising from match-day one under the trial in operation at the World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 with respect to upright tackles which result in contact with an opponent’s head:

Santiago Chocobares (Argentina No.12)
Lachlan Lonergan (Australia No.2)
Julien Delbois (France No.12)
Jonathan Wren (Ireland No.11)
Ronan Watters (Ireland No.20)
James Mollentze (South Africa No.10)

Coaches now have the opportunity to conduct a coaching session with the players to address their tackling technique to the satisfaction of the Citing Commissioner in order to have the first warning removed from the players’ records. Two Technique Warnings in the tournament will result in a one-match suspension.

https://www.world.rugby/u20/news/429067?lang=en

Totally deserved, but I actually feel a bit sorry for the lad - he is after all just a kid, did something monumentally dumb, but of course the modern day being what it is I think he's been hounded on social media by the usual armchair warriors.

I think the coaching sessions are a great idea
..one more thing
User avatar
Columbo
Initiate
 
Posts: 537
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:27 pm

IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v Australia Under-20s, 2019 World Rugby U-20 Championship – Pool B, Club de Rugby Atheneo Immaculada, Santa Fe, Argentina, Saturday, June 8, kick-off 10.30 local time/2.30pm Irish time):

TV - Eir Sport 2 in ROI, Highlights on ITV 4 at 11pm. In UK, live stream on World Rugby Website/YouTube Channel etc

15. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster) 14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster) 13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) 12. Stewart Moore (Malone/Ulster) 11. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster) 10. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 9. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); 1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster) 2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht) 3. Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster) 4. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster) (capt) 5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster) 7. Ronan Watters (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 8. John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)

16. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 17. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster) 18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster) 19. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster) 20. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht) 22. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby) 23. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) 24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht) 25. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster) 26. Cormac Foley (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)

There are two enforced changes from the squad that beat England in the opening game. Sean French, who came on in the second half, sustained a facial injury that rules him out of the rest of the tournament. Abbey Insurance Ulster Academy fullback Iwan Hughes, who was making his tournament debut, picked up a finger injury and he too is ruled out of the tournament. Rob Russell comes into the starting XV in place of Hughes at fullback with Angus Kernohan and Jonathan Wren again named on the wings. The rest of the back line is unchanged with Craig Casey and Jake Flannery named in the halfbacks and Stewart Moore and Liam Turner in the centre. The front five remains the same with Josh Wycherley, Dylan Tierney-Martin and Thomas Clarkson in the front row while captain Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird pack down in the second row. Josh Hodnett moves from 7 to 8 in place of Azur Allison who is going through the return to play protocols. Ronan Watters comes in at open-side while David McCann starts at 6. Aaron O’Sullivan and Max O’Reilly have been called up to the squad in place of French and Hughes but will not be in the side this weekend.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby shamalicious » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:10 pm

Neill_M wrote:IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v Australia Under-20s, 2019 World Rugby U-20 Championship – Pool B, Club de Rugby Atheneo Immaculada, Santa Fe, Argentina, Saturday, June 8, kick-off 10.30 local time/2.30pm Irish time):

TV - Eir Sport 2 in ROI, Highlights on ITV 4 at 11pm. In UK, live stream on World Rugby Website/YouTube Channel etc

15. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster) 14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster) 13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) 12. Stewart Moore (Malone/Ulster) 11. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster) 10. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 9. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); 1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster) 2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht) 3. Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster) 4. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster) (capt) 5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster) 7. Ronan Watters (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 8. John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)

16. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 17. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster) 18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster) 19. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster) 20. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht) 22. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby) 23. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) 24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht) 25. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster) 26. Cormac Foley (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)

There are two enforced changes from the squad that beat England in the opening game. Sean French, who came on in the second half, sustained a facial injury that rules him out of the rest of the tournament. Abbey Insurance Ulster Academy fullback Iwan Hughes, who was making his tournament debut, picked up a finger injury and he too is ruled out of the tournament. Rob Russell comes into the starting XV in place of Hughes at fullback with Angus Kernohan and Jonathan Wren again named on the wings. The rest of the back line is unchanged with Craig Casey and Jake Flannery named in the halfbacks and Stewart Moore and Liam Turner in the centre. The front five remains the same with Josh Wycherley, Dylan Tierney-Martin and Thomas Clarkson in the front row while captain Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird pack down in the second row. Josh Hodnett moves from 7 to 8 in place of Azur Allison who is going through the return to play protocols. Ronan Watters comes in at open-side while David McCann starts at 6. Aaron O’Sullivan and Max O’Reilly have been called up to the squad in place of French and Hughes but will not be in the side this weekend.
Wonder where might show this in Edinburgh

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Stand up for the Ulstermen

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
User avatar
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5251
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:35 pm

shamalicious wrote:
Neill_M wrote:IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v Australia Under-20s, 2019 World Rugby U-20 Championship – Pool B, Club de Rugby Atheneo Immaculada, Santa Fe, Argentina, Saturday, June 8, kick-off 10.30 local time/2.30pm Irish time):

TV - Eir Sport 2 in ROI, Highlights on ITV 4 at 11pm. In UK, live stream on World Rugby Website/YouTube Channel etc

15. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster) 14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster) 13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) 12. Stewart Moore (Malone/Ulster) 11. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster) 10. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 9. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); 1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster) 2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht) 3. Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster) 4. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster) (capt) 5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster) 7. Ronan Watters (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 8. John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)

16. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 17. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster) 18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster) 19. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster) 20. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht) 22. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby) 23. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) 24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht) 25. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster) 26. Cormac Foley (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)

There are two enforced changes from the squad that beat England in the opening game. Sean French, who came on in the second half, sustained a facial injury that rules him out of the rest of the tournament. Abbey Insurance Ulster Academy fullback Iwan Hughes, who was making his tournament debut, picked up a finger injury and he too is ruled out of the tournament. Rob Russell comes into the starting XV in place of Hughes at fullback with Angus Kernohan and Jonathan Wren again named on the wings. The rest of the back line is unchanged with Craig Casey and Jake Flannery named in the halfbacks and Stewart Moore and Liam Turner in the centre. The front five remains the same with Josh Wycherley, Dylan Tierney-Martin and Thomas Clarkson in the front row while captain Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird pack down in the second row. Josh Hodnett moves from 7 to 8 in place of Azur Allison who is going through the return to play protocols. Ronan Watters comes in at open-side while David McCann starts at 6. Aaron O’Sullivan and Max O’Reilly have been called up to the squad in place of French and Hughes but will not be in the side this weekend.
Wonder where might show this in Edinburgh

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Watch it on your phone somewhere with good wifi
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5416
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby LegsLikeSausages » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Neill_M wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Neill_M wrote:IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v Australia Under-20s, 2019 World Rugby U-20 Championship – Pool B, Club de Rugby Atheneo Immaculada, Santa Fe, Argentina, Saturday, June 8, kick-off 10.30 local time/2.30pm Irish time):

TV - Eir Sport 2 in ROI, Highlights on ITV 4 at 11pm. In UK, live stream on World Rugby Website/YouTube Channel etc

15. Rob Russell (Dublin University/Leinster) 14. Angus Kernohan (Queen’s University/Ulster) 13. Liam Turner (Dublin University/Leinster) 12. Stewart Moore (Malone/Ulster) 11. Jonathan Wren (Cork Constitution/Munster) 10. Jake Flannery (Shannon/Munster) 9. Craig Casey (Shannon/Munster); 1. Josh Wycherley (Young Munster/Munster) 2. Dylan Tierney-Martin (Corinthians/Connacht) 3. Thomas Clarkson (Dublin University/Leinster) 4. Charlie Ryan (UCD/Leinster) (capt) 5. Ryan Baird (Dublin University/Leinster) 6. David McCann (Banbridge/Ulster) 7. Ronan Watters (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 8. John Hodnett (UCC/Munster)

16. John McKee (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 17. Michael Milne (UCD/Leinster) 18. Charlie Ward (Clontarf/Leinster) 19. Declan Adamson (Clontarf/Leinster) 20. Niall Murray (Buccaneers/Connacht) 22. Ciaran Booth (Sale Sharks/IQ Rugby) 23. Thomas Ahern (Shannon/Munster) 24. Colm Reilly (Buccaneers/Connacht) 25. Ben Healy (Garryowen/Munster) 26. Cormac Foley (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)

There are two enforced changes from the squad that beat England in the opening game. Sean French, who came on in the second half, sustained a facial injury that rules him out of the rest of the tournament. Abbey Insurance Ulster Academy fullback Iwan Hughes, who was making his tournament debut, picked up a finger injury and he too is ruled out of the tournament. Rob Russell comes into the starting XV in place of Hughes at fullback with Angus Kernohan and Jonathan Wren again named on the wings. The rest of the back line is unchanged with Craig Casey and Jake Flannery named in the halfbacks and Stewart Moore and Liam Turner in the centre. The front five remains the same with Josh Wycherley, Dylan Tierney-Martin and Thomas Clarkson in the front row while captain Charlie Ryan and Ryan Baird pack down in the second row. Josh Hodnett moves from 7 to 8 in place of Azur Allison who is going through the return to play protocols. Ronan Watters comes in at open-side while David McCann starts at 6. Aaron O’Sullivan and Max O’Reilly have been called up to the squad in place of French and Hughes but will not be in the side this weekend.
Wonder where might show this in Edinburgh

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Watch it on your phone somewhere with good wifi

Or on YouTube on any smart tv
User avatar
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Australia 3 Ireland 0 - 22 minutes

Ireland down to 14 men, red card to 2nd row Baird for a tackle with force to the neck.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4030
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Australia 10 - Ireland 0

25 mins
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4030
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Dublin4 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm

This is only going one way
User avatar
Dublin4
Warrior
 
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Dublin4 wrote:This is only going one way


Looking like it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4030
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby UlsterNo9 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Australia 10 Ireland 7

37 mins
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4030
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ireland u20s

Postby Setanta » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Oh ye of little faith!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4698
Images: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to International rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->