Autumn Internationals - TV coverage?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Autumn Internationals - TV coverage?

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
BR wrote:Question:
I hear the SA game was available through Nordie (2nd class) RTE, after all.
Not sure about the Fiji one.

Anybody have any experience of this or have thoughts on the Argentina game in that regard?
Fiji game was blocked

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
SA game also blocked on sky. Probably was available on freeview.

Seemed to be blocked on freeview and BT for me.

Someone told me they watched it on RTE. I thought they must be getting a signal from Louth, but they said that straight after the game the transmission went to 'unavailable' for the start of the soccer.
No idea how they are doing it BR but my local transmitter which I can actually see seems to recognise I am outside the euro zone, must be getting ready for Brexit.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Not being able to watch RTE is a small price to pay for the glory of being British I think. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

RTE2 on freeview is channel 53. RTE2 HD is on freeview channel 803. The rugby is blocked on channel 53 but is shown on 803. I hope this helps.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Shan wrote:Not being able to watch RTE is a small price to pay for the glory of being British I think. :D
Aye but shan how are we meant to get offended by the panel sledging Ulster players if we can't see it?? Image

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:Not being able to watch RTE is a small price to pay for the glory of being British I think. :D
I can watch the rest of the crap though Shan just some sports blocked.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

jean valjean wrote:
Aye but shan how are we meant to get offended by the panel sledging Ulster players if we can't see it?? Image

Good point. Donal Lenihan pointed out an issue with Stu's ball presentation. He was correct of course but I'm certain that Ulster folk have been denied the right to get upset by the truth. :D
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:
I can watch the rest of the crap though Shan just some sports blocked.
Territory based rights. What can you do?

I mean nobody cares about yer average show on RTE. In most cases you'd have to pay someone to sit through it.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Shan wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Good point. Donal Lenihan pointed out an issue with Stu's ball presentation. He was correct of course but I'm certain that Ulster folk have been denied the right to get upset by the truth. :D
He said WHAT!!???

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

God Save The Queen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mid ulster maestro wrote:RTE2 on freeview is channel 53. RTE2 HD is on freeview channel 803. The rugby is blocked on channel 53 but is shown on 803. I hope this helps.
It does - sort of.

I thought you needed a HD compatible receiver to receive RTE even in SD.*

There can't be that many people who have a HD compatible receiver that does not receive HD signals. So ... is there a deliberate differentiation, or is it accidental?

If accidental, how come it was different for the soccer?

*That was my understanding, but things may have changed.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

What about a vpn and change your location to Dublin... or is that illegal?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Why the feck is against the head blocked? Not as if sky are showing it as well. More BS.

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Having watched the RTE coverage with my magic box, I heard Mannix saying that about McCloskey (it was the first time he carried), was early in the game and I thought, ah FFFS here we fenianbastarding go again, blame it on the Nordies, however in fairness to Mannix he soon realised that on balance McCloskey was amongst those who were no a liability on the day, his fellow Ulsterman and centre was as poor as he's been all season.

Christ alone knows what Schmidt was thinking about picking him.

I thought the SKY team of chubes was bad but by the sweet sainted mother of Jesus H Christ, I watched France & SA on Freesports and the commentator whose name I missed was an utter dose, I can only imagine he is what Brendan Behan would have described as the drippings of a cankered whore's melt.

I'd have stuck a shiv between his 3rd & 4th ribs and let the air out of him like a burst balloon. You know that sound when your car drives over a cat? Hard to beat letting the bag out of the cat. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:What about a vpn and change your location to Dublin... or is that illegal?
I believe it may well be considered that Solids, but really all depends on how you use it. RTE is free to air, so at worst getting around "territorial issues" you are not actually stealing anything, no foul no crime in my opinion.

I may ..................... or may not, use NORD and could have a box which believes I'm in Spain. Still, it meant I didn't have to listen to Novisa & Useless Fitzgerald talking in Mexican.

Mind you my magic box may well have translated their Mexican drivel intil Alster Scats.

Of course, I am a SKY subscriber so I'm not stealing their signal either, BT Sport? Eir Sport? NBC Sport? Never watch them, I'm a good boy. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Or to put it another way Baggy - you were getting energised about some valid observation. It's Ulsterism at its finest.

Now though here is one for you - The Indo rated Farrell as better than McCloskey. I reckon they must have forgotten that Farrell is also an Ulsterman so did not need to be rated higher just to keep the southie readership happy. :D