Irish AI Squad

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irish AI Squad

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mind you, I absolutely agree with the policy as a necessary measure to stave off the day when everyone with an ounce of talent heads to England or France & local rugby becomes about Irish League standard in wendyball and international rugby is an even smaller game than it is now as nobody can find one to give about it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I’ve always considered Zebo a bit of a showboated ball in hand fine but like Earls not the most reliable defender more show than tackle .
Earls provided he’s not out of position usually interferes with the ball carrier and gets injured doing so .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:I’ve always considered Zebo a bit of a showboated ball in hand fine but like Earls not the most reliable defender more show than tackle .
Earls provided he’s not out of position usually interferes with the ball carrier and gets injured doing so .

+1
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm confused, Bowe and Trimble are done so not included, but, the Kearney brothers are in? How does the cognitive dissonance work on that one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rab has had no form since 2009. Known fact. Joe has been selecting him in Irish squads as he just returns from injury for the last few seasons. He gets an "injured" bicep or something right after a bad performance. Like when Tiernan O'Hallaran tore him a new one in the Pro 12 final. Joe then selects him on the basis that nobody can say he is out of form because he has no form at all.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

You’ve nailed it again Dave
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:I'm confused, Bowe and Trimble are done so not included, but, the Kearney brothers are in? How does the cognitive dissonance work on that one?

Rob has a central contract and sells calendars

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I'm confused, Bowe and Trimble are done so not included, but, the Kearney brothers are in? How does the cognitive dissonance work on that one?

Rob has a central contract and sells calendars

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yip

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:You’ve nailed it again Dave
Well...

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Mind you, I absolutely agree with the policy as a necessary measure to stave off the day when everyone with an ounce of talent heads to England or France & local rugby becomes about Irish League standard in wendyball and international rugby is an even smaller game than it is now as nobody can find one to give about it.
This is my big fear, as well. I fear that money will talk and Irish rugby will become Irish football mark 2. While international selection may keep it at bay for a while, it's a-comin'. Our only hope is that rugby loses its sex appeal and kabbati or something else becomes the new black, attracting investors and leaving the game to the fans and players again..
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There are those who will look for and follow the money and survive others may find the cost to much - more games and more injuries and a shorter career.

As I have stated before Zebo always struck me as money was the objective .

Farrell on the other hand was looking for game time and experience .

Zebo has about 3- 4 years before he starts to slow and lose it and fail to attract the “star “ wage but to be honest wings are not the key players in any side but are in a position where every mistake is as obvious as an -r-ct—n in the showers .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:It's good to see Zebo being omitted from the squad.
It's a clear signal that you have to commit to playing in Ireland to come into Joe's plans.
No need to be punitive for the sake of it. Zebo is still playing in Ireland and as such should be as eligible as the next man. The only thing to take into account is future lack of availability reducing the point of developing him. But it's Zebo.
Dangerous move, could come back to haunt the IRFU when he's eligible to play for France in 3 years, he'll only be 30 by then.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BR wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:It's good to see Zebo being omitted from the squad.
It's a clear signal that you have to commit to playing in Ireland to come into Joe's plans.
No need to be punitive for the sake of it. Zebo is still playing in Ireland and as such should be as eligible as the next man. The only thing to take into account is future lack of availability reducing the point of developing him. But it's Zebo.
Dangerous move, could come back to haunt the IRFU when he's eligible to play for France in 3 years, he'll only be 30 by then.
??
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

+?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

The Kearney family must have shares in the IRFU.

I wonder what would happen if Conor followed his pal over to France.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.