I assume we've already put pen to paper and signed that South African Tighthead

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irish AI Squad

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:
The RTE ratings for most players are reasonable but distorted by a 9 for both Sexton and Conway based on the team ratings the ratings for both should be 8 -8.5 the same as Henderson .

As I state a nice win but nobody gave a great performance it wasn't a game for great performances basically very scrapie with SA backline incompetence assisting to provide a pressure free comfort zone lead for most the game .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nobody gave a great performance but they should still get over 8/10. Ha ha what sh1te. You are correct that nobody gave a great performance though. Why do we have to treat them like children? 6 is slightly above average which is what this performance was, at best.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote: There was no chase whatsoever from their backs when they kicked deep. It was almost comical how much time Rob K had to field each punt in his direction.
That was funny. Bobbo must have been thrilled as that has sealed his place for the next 2 years, if it was ever in doubt which is highly debatable.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Who won? It was on the tv but nobody paying attention. How did BOD play?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

All aboard the hype train
Ireland unbeaten in about 5. Extend that to 7 by end of this series

World number 3

Japan here we come!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Russ
I like you media take but the truth is Ireland can give most countries a run for their money but lack the SID to win a World Cup too many games in too short a time for players to be expected to win the big ones coming at the End of the Competition as each match after the group stages is generally harder than the previous game .

For example England would have about 8 props of similar standard to Ireland’s 4 if Ireland lose two props they can struggle even if the two remaining props were the best props in the world .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Shan
Ratings being comparative rather than accurate if the average is 7 then better players may warrant an 8 .

If you are comparing performances between games I think an average of 6 may be considered generous but comparing one game to another often fails to recognise the difference between the opposition faced .

As I stated there was a substantial difference between the quality of the SA forwards and SA backs and only when their forwards were knackered with 10 minutes to go did Ireland add another 3 trys .

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Fu'ck the FIRFU, Schmidt, Nuciforabastard and all you Paddybastards who attended the match.

As sorry day to see South Africa bested in the one area they are seldom bested. >EF
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rob K was by far the worst player on that pitch

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Russ
I like you media take but the truth is Ireland can give most countries a run for their money but lack the SID to win a World Cup too many games in too short a time for players to be expected to win the big ones coming at the End of the Competition as each match after the group stages is generally harder than the previous game .

For example England would have about 8 props of similar standard to Ireland’s 4 if Ireland lose two props they can struggle even if the two remaining props were the best props in the world .

No, they bloody well don't. Go on then, name me 8 English props worth a cap, and I'll even allow you to call Vunipola "English"

John Ryan was my MOTM, hence Ireland :puker: , the Paddybastards, have two better THs than England.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

No, they bloody well don't. Go on then, name me 8 English props worth a cap, and I'll even allow you to call Vunipola "English"

John Ryan was my MOTM, hence Ireland :puker: , the Paddybastards, have two better THs than England.
I watched Genge yesterday
He was dross

Premiership is so slow compared to all other rugby means he can afford to be 3 yards off the pace and still be close to play

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy
I never said nor did I ,I hope imply that all English props are good rather that there is an abundance of Props of a similar standard .
Thus the difference between the props of choice and those who would be third choice for the Saxons is very little .

They all bore and disrupt a scrum and plod about the pitch with a limited skill set .

There are some on their assessment of The South Africans forget The Irish pack consisted of 3 Lions in the front row ,one Lion in the second row and 3 Lions in the back row admitted not all had "test caps " but the fact they had played for the Lions is a statement of the experience of the Irish pack .

Joe's selection for the next game will reveal to what extent he is trying to create an experienced squad of 40 + players for the World Cup.

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy
I never said nor did I ,I hope imply that all English props are good rather that there is an abundance of Props of a similar standard .
Thus the difference between the props of choice and those who would be third choice for the Saxons is very little .

They all bore and disrupt a scrum and plod about the pitch with a limited skill set .

There are some on their assessment of The South Africans forget The Irish pack consisted of 3 Lions in the front row ,one Lion in the second row and 3 Lions in the back row admitted not all had "test caps " but the fact they had played for the Lions is a statement of the experience of the Irish pack .

Joe's selection for the next game will reveal to what extent he is trying to create an experienced squad of 40 + players for the World Cup.

Must be brad pitt to be Devin Toner

UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Ireland have some great SID now compared to how they were 3-4 years ago and all credit goes to Joe for that. Even at hooker and 10 where we have the least depth there are still some quality players

Best, Scannell, Cronin, Heffernan, Herring, and McCartney is going to be available soon (but probably never capped) in no particular order for hooker

Sexton and Carbery are probably the starting and back up 10's but Ross Bryne is extremely unlucky to miss out and then we have Jackson as well who would no doubt be the back up 10 if available

Plenty of quality SID now imo
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Stockdale plays for Ulster so at least they didn't give him 0/10 like Tommy. Yesterday BOD was 9.5 and MOTM.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.