Avivabosh Stadium

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Avivabosh Stadium

Post by Russ »

So today the insurer Aviva has renewed their sponsorship of the toilet bowl until 2025

Great news for the funding of Irish rugby however, my understanding is that under the previous arrangement Ireland could not play home test matches away from the old Lansdowne Road site

This led to the farcical instance where Ireland played Fiji in Thomond Park but it was downgraded to a non test.

Therefore this relationship with Aviva is actively devaluing international rugby

Only time will tell if this clause remains

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Avivabosh Stadium

Post by Dave »

Would you want to attend an international game at a venue with caravans lining the streets outside and horses running feral?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Would you want to attend an international game at a venue with caravans lining the streets outside and horses running feral?
No chance of international rugby at Casement Park, the redevelopment is no further forward.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

#logieforIRFUpresident
Rockrugger
Novice

Post by Rockrugger »

[quote="UlsterNo9"]P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

#logieforIRFUpresident[/quote

The funding for the redevelopment of Ravenhill was ring fenced and very easy to secure. Once the Maze project to put 3 sports into 1 stadium hit the rocks Ulster Rugby got what they asked for they could have asked for more so do not kid yourself as to the role played by Shane Logan in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Rockrugger wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

The funding for the redevelopment of Ravenhill was ring fenced and very easy to secure. Once the Maze project to put 3 sports into 1 stadium hit the rocks Ulster Rugby got what they asked for they could have asked for more so do not kid yourself as to the role played by Shane Logan in the process.

Catch a grip, tell us something everyone on this forum does not already know.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:P.s. Shane Logan to be commended our funding was used almost immediately with Ravenhill redeveloped and generating extra revenue because of it for years.

Is that a new directive? Going to be very quiet around here.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rockrugger wrote:

I pose the question that due to the amount of money estimated and involved did he actually ask for enough when all things are considered or did he go for the easy option ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Rockrugger wrote:

Is that a new directive? Going to be very quiet around here.
Tee hee

#logieforIRFUpresident