Lionels: reasons to dislike them

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Lionels: reasons to dislike them

Post by Spiffsson »

big mervyn wrote:Tell you what. I try to judge as I find. Out in Spain I run into quite a few Lionels. You might sit beside a stranger in a bar or cafe and have a bit of a chat. Never ceases to amaze me how many of them feel that it is perfectly acceptable to be openly racist. Not all of them by a long shot, but considerably more than the other nationalities in my experience.
Maybe that's to do with the kind of Lionel you tend to find in Spain. At one point it was something of a haven for ex crooks, old lags, wide boys, dodgy lads etc. and perhaps not rugby playing types?
(Bagster will fit right in >EW )
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Spiffsson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Tell you what. I try to judge as I find. Out in Spain I run into quite a few Lionels. You might sit beside a stranger in a bar or cafe and have a bit of a chat. Never ceases to amaze me how many of them feel that it is perfectly acceptable to be openly racist. Not all of them by a long shot, but considerably more than the other nationalities in my experience.
Maybe that's to do with the kind of Lionel you tend to find in Spain. At one point it was something of a haven for ex crooks, old lags, wide boys, dodgy lads etc. and perhaps not rugby playing types?
Funny you should say that Spiffer. There's an auld lad out here who claims to have run with the Krays back in the day. Almost certainly complete ballix but should be ok anyway, since they only kill their own ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
Funny you should say that Spiffer. There's an auld lad out here who claims to have run with the Krays back in the day. Almost certainly complete ballix but should be ok anyway, since they only kill their own ...
Just watch out for Dubs called Kinahan or Hutch , time to excuse yourself and find another pub.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nobody watch the game today then?

It was great fun.

The Baa Baas were brilliant.

England were tom kite.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote:Nobody watch the game today then?

It was great fun.

The Baa Baas were brilliant.

England were tom kite.
Saw the score. Highlights on BBC2 at 11:20 after Mr Gallagher.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

big mervyn wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:
I've come across a number of these characters from my days in the east end.
They only served to remind me of the Monty Python sketch about Doug and Dinsdale, the Piranha brothers who were eventually apprehended by Harry 'Snapper' Organs.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I watched the first half then went out, can't be doing with basketball score rugby. :roll:

I know Eddie the Jap is not a Lionel, he's a Jap, but is it not time the Lionels woke up to realise what every other team he has coached eventually realised ............he's a tiny wab. He is leading Lionelland to destruction, a coaching Slogan if you will.

Fifth in the 6Ns, beaten by a crowd of talented players on the razzle for a week, conceding the most points ever in Twickinghouse's long history.

Frankly, I'm loving it. I hope Saffers give them an enormous kicking.................. but I wouldn't bet on it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He can take Bayliss back to Australia with him ‘an all.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Keep Bayliss for the white ball stuff. That was his remit when he took over.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

4 in a row

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk