Summer tour 2018

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Summer tour 2018

Post by Shan »

Joey Carbery - Best outhalf in the world.....until he wakes up in the morning.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Joey Carbery - Best outhalf in the world.....until he wakes up in the morning.
Beat nz though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Inside this room all of dreams become realities and some of my realities become dreams.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:
Shan wrote:Joey Carbery - Best outhalf in the world.....until he wakes up in the morning.
Beat nz though

In as much that he was on the pitch at the final whistle - yes. He's got quare mileage out of it mind. Schmidtferbrains has not got over it yet!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Any ref's out there want to explain to me why Wales weren't offside at the turnover leading to the Amos try?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BR wrote:Any ref's out there want to explain to me why Wales weren't offside at the turnover leading to the Amos try?
That was strange.
Bit of a farcical game with neither side close to full strength it had a look of an A fixture about it and not sure if caps should have been handed out.

Australia should hopefully provide Ireland with a tougher assignment than that springboks side.
Joe now realises the importance of giving his squad players proper test experience as opposed to throwing them enmasse against lesser opposition.
That way when 5 of your frontliners are unavailable in a world cup quarter final you don't rely on untested options against quality opposition.
A harsh lesson but learnt non the less.

The look of strength and depth in Ireland is better than ever.
Bierne coming in will ensure that no one in the back 5 of the pack can rest on their laurels.
Possibly Sexton is the only man who can such is the healthy competition for places.
That is the only thing that makes this squad look vunerable and love him or loathe him Carbery must get at least a start.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Russ wrote:Cooney is a better 10 than Carberry

I'm a better 10 than Carbery

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
In fairness , Jack Kyle is probably still a better 10 than Carberry
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Carbery isn't a 10. Oh sorry I forgot he beat the all blacks.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Joey will be the best 10 in Ireland next season.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:Joey will be the best 10 in Ireland next season.
Depends on Jannys himmy

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Paddy is the best 10 in Ireland.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Paddy is the best 10 in Ireland.
Agreed

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Paddy Jackson will be that horrible quiz question: who was the best Irish outhalf who never got to be the regular starter for Ireland?

There have been precious few who could have laid claim to that, Paddy by a long long distance.

I would hope that in the shortish - medium term when Janny is no more and Wee Joey shows he is the new Paddy Wallace (i.e someone who should never have been forced to be that round peg in a square hole, neither one a 10, both talented) that Schmidtferbrains will realise he would be a mug to overlook Paddy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Be interested to know Joe's thoughts but I would have assumed he should have moved heaven and earth to keep Paddy Jackson..
Paddy was clearly his number 2 back up 10 and Joe invested a lot in him.
With Joes attention to detail he must know that without Sexton he has massively reduced chance at the world cup now.
It's the one area we lack depth.

However I couldn't help think that whatever Joe says goes and if he had truely wanted Paddy it would have happened.
His silence spoke volumes and I think he was another startled rabbit in the headlights of a truck load of feminists.

I remember the action taken by the English rugby team before the 2003 World cup over image rights when they went on strike.
Woodward publically admonished them as did the media.
It was only over a few hundred quid but it was the principal and England rugby had to relent or they would not have had a side for the world cup.
Dallagio was very publically caught in a drugs sting but whilst receiving punishment remained an integral part of the side.
Not even a whisper of either event since.

These are examples of the unity, strength and player support that wins world cups.
They all understood the bigger picture

It may just be changing times but I think whilst theres no doubting the talent Ireland have.not one of the great teams that do great things would ever idly sit by and watch their own get shafted.
Last edited by Liz Fraser on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well made points gorgeous, anyway, with any luck Australia will ride them ragged though I'm sensing it is not their strongest squad ever.

Schmidt smiles a lot when things are going well but people should not be fooled underneath he is a ruthless cu'nt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.