Will he stay or will he go?

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Will he stay or will he go?

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:He also has two shared titles which are credited to Paddybastardland by virtue of points difference. Points difference FFFS. :duh: Bullshit. They were as good as England & Wales in those years, not one iota better, champions my reeking clunge.

Luckiest grand slam ever, fluke DG by Sexton from th'ee miles against a French team who deserved victory, DG crept about 3 cms over the bar, Mexicanbastard. I watched it in the clubhouse in Armagh, every other cu'nt was cockahoop, this cu'nt was gutted. I knew nothing good would come of it. I was right, lepreseanbastards.

How exacty did the french deserve victory? Teddy scored a good try (but according to your logic they only scored because of poor irish tackling) and ireland dominated the game without putting points on the board. Sexton missed a pretty easy kick to make it more than one score game before the Thomas try. France were outplayed and if they had won it would have been down to irish failings on the day rather than anything they particularly deserved.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It wouldn't have happened if Hendo did not win that 22.

#wonthemagrandslam
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:He also has two shared titles which are credited to Paddybastardland by virtue of points difference. Points difference FFFS. :duh: Bullshit. They were as good as England & Wales in those years, not one iota better, champions my reeking clunge.

Luckiest grand slam ever, fluke DG by Sexton from th'ee miles against a French team who deserved victory, DG crept about 3 cms over the bar, Mexicanbastard. I watched it in the clubhouse in Armagh, every other cu'nt was cockahoop, this cu'nt was gutted. I knew nothing good would come of it. I was right, lepreseanbastards.

Ireland’s luck luck was nothing compared to :-

Toulouse managing to lose against a team whom they had put a 100 points on in the same season and thereby missing out on a home quarter final.

Sheldon Coulter grabbing a lucky intercept for a try

Craig Chalmers missing a straightforward penalty pretty much in front of the posts

Stade Francias not turning up

The english boycotting the competiton, having won it the previous season and winning the next 3 editions.

Oh and that final occasion at Lansdowne Road when ulster beat Colomiers was a kicking borefest which far outdid the ireland vs new zealand game last week.

I am sure you will view ulster’s success in the same light.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Feck me, the worlds going to end apparently because Joe leaves, is it feck!

He a part of the sum, but he's not the only part. Players, management structures, provinces.....

Academys all over Ireland are starting to produce, Leinsters is ridiculous at present, even our own is showing the most positive signs it has in the professional era.

Since Joe sent the clown north to ourselves Farrell has solidified the Irish defence beyond recognition.... what had this to do with Schmidt.

Like or loathe the IRFU the foundations are in place for this success to continue for a very long time.

Does any dim witted fool thing Ireland cannot attract a new national coach of Schmidts ability?
He is not the only part and indeed as you say, like it or loathe it but Nucifora is part of it too, but Schmidt has undoubtedly created a culture in irish rugby where players are all now striving to work on what he wants and meet the high standards he expects. Interesting to see how Cave went from his “face doesn’t fit” gurn under Schmidt to now talking about him as the greatest thing since sliced bread. He has a proven record of success and even when things didn’t go so well for a couple of years, didn’t walk away but kept working and evolving.

Irish rugby has never been in such an elevated state and i don’t believe whoever takes over that it will stay there. Unlike the All Blacks we don’t have the structures and traditions to consistently be at the top of the tree and whilst we have some exceptional players now, ireland can’t keep producing them over a longer period.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Mark McCall
Scott Robertson
Steve Hansen
Dave Rennie
Jamie Joseph

I reckon all three are world class and would take the job.

Milton Haig a wildcard choice
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mark McCall would never win over the d4 meeja.

Cullen or ROG.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:

How exacty did the french deserve victory? Teddy scored a good try (but according to your logic they only scored because of poor irish tackling) and ireland dominated the game without putting points on the board. Sexton missed a pretty easy kick to make it more than one score game before the Thomas try. France were outplayed and if they had won it would have been down to irish failings on the day rather than anything they particularly deserved.
FFFS Bart, you keep showering me with gift lobs to smash back past you. By dint of producing the only moments of quality in a shyte match. Boring, boring Ireland didn't score a try in the match and worse yet, neither did they even make a single clean break, to wit, they played a boring safety first game, never ever came close to a try and won by a fluke dg which scraped over the bar by the skin of it's crap. It was a horrible moment.

As for your garbage on "my logic", I have no idea which orifice you pull that crud out of, stop attempting to put words in my mouth. I'm more than capable of issuing my own thoughts, your help is not required. Thanks anyway.
Attachments
tt.jpg
tt.jpg (8.25 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:

FFFS Bart, you keep showering me with gift lobs to smash back past you. By dint of producing the only moments of quality in a shyte match. Boring, boring Ireland didn't score a try in the match and worse yet, neither did they even make a single clean break, to wit, they played a boring safety first game, never ever came close to a try and won by a fluke dg which scraped over the bar by the skin of it's crap. It was a horrible moment.

As for your garbage on "my logic", I have no idea which orifice you pull that crud out of, stop attempting to put words in my mouth. I'm more than capable of issuing my own thoughts, your help is not required. Thanks anyway.
Come on Baggy. Fair.'s fair. Give Stevie Wonder his glasses back.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:

Is that all you've got? :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:

Is that all you've got? :roll:
Nah, but i am a kind man. :D
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

official now:

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/43003.php

The IRFU have announced that following Rugby World Cup 2019 Andy Farrell will become Ireland head coach.

Andy Farrell commented, "It is a privilege to be considered for such a prestigious role. I have learned a lot from Joe over the past few seasons and I will continue to learn from him over the next year as the coaching group and players focus on competing in two huge tournaments in 2019."

Joe Schmidt commented, "The coaches have been fantastic to work with and Andy has made a big impact since coming into the group. His ability to lead and his understanding of the game will ensure that the group will continue to move forward."

Andy joined the Ireland coaching group in 2016 ahead of the Summer Tour of South Africa. He is a key figure in Joe Schmidt's successful backroom team which has seen a number of milestones achieved. (2018 Grand Slam, 1st victory in SA, 1st victory over NZ, Series win in Australia)

Before joining the Ireland set-up Andy coached with England (2012-2015) and English Premiership side Saracens. He has coached on the two most recent successful Lions tours which produced a series win in Australia and a drawn series in New Zealand.

Philip Browne, IRFU Chief Executive, commented "We are delighted to have secured Andy as in-coming Head Coach. As part of Joe's management team Andy has already helped to deliver huge performances and I know he will continue to inspire our players for years to come. Andy has world class coaching credentials and we are pleased to have a roadmap for an orderly transition post Rugby World Cup to the 2019 Six Nations."

David Nucifora, IRFU High Performance Director, commented "We are incredibly fortunate to have a coach of the calibre of Andy Farrell in Irish Rugby. He has proven through his work ethic and success with Ireland and the Lions over the last number of years that he is the person to take Irish Rugby forward after RWC 2019. The close working relationship that our current coaching group have and what they will continue to gain over the next year with Joe still at the helm leaves Andy and Irish Rugby in the enviable position of having continuity before building the road forward.

This appointment provides certainty and continuity beyond RWC19 with Andy leading the coaching group through the next World Cup cycle to the 2023 tournament in France. The coaching group are contracted beyond next year's World Cup which again provides continuity for the players ahead of the 2020 6 Nations Championship."
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Andy Farrell to take over?

A former rugby league player and current defense coach stepping to head coach?

What could possibly go wrong?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46329842
'tis true an English man in charge, now how does that sit?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Dave wrote:Andy Farrell to take over?

A former rugby league player and current defense coach stepping to head coach?

What could possibly go wrong?
I can see upsides and downsides to the continuity argument.
On the one hand Andy's presence will counter any tendency by players to take liberties because Joe's leaving.
On the other hand, there might be conflict between the two if Andy tries to expand the parameters of his role prematurely.
On balance I'm glad AF is taking over. He's a strong character and apparently a great coach as well.
Seems like good top dog material.
tigerburnie wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46329842
'tis true an English man in charge, now how does that sit?
No problem for me anyway.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

it looks like Joe is taking a break from all coaching and not just Ireland.
I wish him and his family well. While he may be despised by Ulster fans on this forum, you cannot objectively deny his immense contribution to Irish rugby over these years and let's hope there is a bit more to come.

The word is that Stuart Lancaster will take over the attack side after 2019 RWC.