Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Dublin4 »

Schmidt picking Carty over Ross Byrne is a real shocker.
It doesn't make any sense at all.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

England squad to face Ireland:
Forwards: Jack Clifford, Dan Cole, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Tom Curry, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Nathan Hughes, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Ben Moon, Brad Shields, Kyle Sinckler, Jack Singleton, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola, Harry Williams, Mark Wilson.
Backs: Chris Ashton, Mike Brown, Joe Cokanasiga, Elliot Daly, Ollie Devoto, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Ollie Thorley, Manu Tuilagi, Ben Youngs.

As the Tigers contingent played little or no part last week, I wonder if all will play this weekend?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

True Shan --- there are some old hands in that 38 who need replacing in the next 18 months -- there are therefore about 30 players in the maybes and 8 in the current no hopes but we'd like to look them over -- let them smell the coffee -- in --case the s--t hits the fan.

In my opinion there are at least 3-4 players in the current match day 23 highly injury prone, and possibly one injury short of retirement.

There is also the high possibility that some coming back from injury don't have the same influence on the game due to losing pace -- an example of the effect was evident in the fall from the team by both Bowe and Trimble , it depends on age and the type of injury .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

tigerburnie wrote:England squad to face Ireland:
Forwards: Jack Clifford, Dan Cole, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Tom Curry, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Nathan Hughes, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Ben Moon, Brad Shields, Kyle Sinckler, Jack Singleton, Billy Vunipola, Mako Vunipola, Harry Williams, Mark Wilson.
Backs: Chris Ashton, Mike Brown, Joe Cokanasiga, Elliot Daly, Ollie Devoto, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Ollie Thorley, Manu Tuilagi, Ben Youngs.

As the Tigers contingent played little or no part last week, I wonder if all will play this weekend?
Much talk of Cole not making the match day 23 with the other tight head props coming through. Whats your thinking?

Your Six Nations comes down to Billy Vunipola staying fit, I like what I have seen of Mark Wilson also, serious talent.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Coles playing well in a miss firing side, sure he will figure somewhere in the tournament, if Jones is serious about contesting the World Cup, nothing less than winning the 6 nations will do, if he fails he sod off back where he came from. Personally I think England will do no good with him at the helm, the nearest he got to the Web Ellis was watching Martin Johnson lift it in Australia.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

English press started bigging up the new squad;excellent :lol:
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:English press started bigging up the new squad;excellent :lol:
We're looking strong for sure Glenn.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

frank thought you didn't like the IRFU
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:frank thought you didn't like the IRFU
He didn't mention the IRFU.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:English press started bigging up the new squad;excellent Image
Wonder how they are getting on at boot camp, plenty of floozies around Villamoura
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Joey is certainly gunning for that 10 shirt ahead of Sexton. You would expect nothing less from any ambitious young player. Some will no doubt find a way to criticise him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:Joey is certainly gunning for that 10 shirt ahead of Sexton. You would expect nothing less from any ambitious young player. Some will no doubt find a way to criticise him.
Sexto didn't get nominated for European player of the year. The King is dead ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:Joey is certainly gunning for that 10 shirt ahead of Sexton. You would expect nothing less from any ambitious young player. Some will no doubt find a way to criticise him.
Sexto didn't get nominated for European player of the year. The King is dead ...
The king is a gobby wee diva.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

So Henshaw at 15.

Other than that, standard fare.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Henshaw isn't starting ahead of Aki. Kearney is off form.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?