Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:England back to being England.

Just shows what a balls up Joe made by starting Henshaw at 15. Liam Williams made easy work of that kicking nonsense.
Have to say, Ratboy was magnificent.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:England back to being England.

Just shows what a balls up Joe made by starting Henshaw at 15. Liam Williams made easy work of that kicking nonsense.
Have to say, Ratboy was magnificent.
He's been annoyingly good the last couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Great win for Wales. Fair fecks to them.

Also agree Liam Williams was excellent. Biggar gives the whole place a lift when he comes on.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote: Biggar gives the whole place a lift when he comes on.
The twitchy fecker is good at running the clock down at conversion time. :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Nice to see the wheels come off the Chariot -- but the score line flatters the Welsh . To be honest, I did say I thought the Welsh might have the answer to the English game plan, but I didn't consider a single full back would be the answer. They,the Welsh smothered the game plan by restricting the number of Kickers England could use to Youngs and Farrell -- I don't think Slade or Daly made a kick all afternoon.

The Welsh also made England play the game in the English half rather than let England dominate field position. The Welsh had 65% of the possession and 68% of the field position ( ESPN statistics ) and The English seldom got into the Welsh 22 .

Making the English defend within their own half enabled the Welsh to benefit from the England's weakness-- ill discipline under pressure -- Penalties 3 by backs and 6 by forwards 3 of which were down to Sinckler who after the 3rd was quickly hauled ashore.

A few more penalties were deserved by the English for blocking - deliberately running back and moving to block the chaser by putting themselves between the chaser and catcher. -- ie it was not a case of impeding the chase but impeding the tackle after the catch. as the catcher was taking the ball behind a shield . This may be acceptable if the catcher immediately kicks or passes but should be penalised if he starts to run using the shield as his means of attack.

A nice day at the Office for the Welsh but a really good side should have more points on the board with the domination they had of possession and territory.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

England's gameplan was nothing special. Unless they execute it perfectly and get some lucky bounces then it's really not that difficult to counter. After Farrell kicked one out on the full he cracked mentally. Liam Williams did the rest by just catching the ball and knowing where to be positionally.

It was really a school boy error by Joe to select Henshaw at 15. Jones must have believed it was xmas. It played into his hands and some thought him to be a genius. A certain resident idiot on here decided to create a thread specifically dedicated to this wonder tactic.

England also were unable to maintain their discipline. The same old England came out in the 2nd half against Wales. I thought John Inverdale was going to have a tantrum.

The ABs will be laughing at this. England back to normal with no plan B, Ireland tactically brain dead, France an utter jokeshop, Wales top of tree (lol) and the rest are dung anyway.

The World Cup is looking safe from a NZ perspective.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Have to join the chorus of praise for Liam Williams. He has great positional sense,a great eye for the high ball and no little courage. Harder and harder not to admire him. His only real weakness is the post-match interview. Essentially an incomprehensible cluster of cliches. Still, clearly motm. Fair play to him. :thumleft:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ireland fans celebrating Wales victory because it meant they were back in the championship apparently. :lol: :lol: Never even crossed my mind :lol:

BOD forgot himself and nearly managed to talk about Jacob without saying anything negative the day.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cronin balls up his first crucial lineout.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

jean valjean wrote:Cronin balls up his first crucial lineout.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And if that was Best they’d be saying he shouldn’t play in green again.

Cronin out.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I'd love to know Sexton's kicking %. Feels like his kicking has been dire for some time now.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Everytime Jake scores I can sense Fitztalkshite squirming in his chair.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:I'd love to know Sexton's kicking %. Feels like his kicking has been dire for some time now.

Lyttle for Ireland!
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:I'd love to know Sexton's kicking %. Feels like his kicking has been dire for some time now.

In the 60s
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Get Cronin off