Change of approach to the Haka??

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Flankers Lugs
Novice

Change of approach to the Haka??

Post by Flankers Lugs »

I don't know what others may think but I feel that being so stand offish from the haka is not a good approach. Fair enough having the captain up front...but why bring the youngest player with you then leave the rest behind you....next Saturday we need to get in their faces...smell their breath...count their fillings for them...let them see that their wee war dance , whilst respected , is going to be stood up to.

Willy Anderson & co had the right idea.........Buck shelford even said that he respected what the Irish did that day......lets have a repeat next Saturday..... :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Allister Campbell probably would not like it :oops: :shock:
cjp
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by cjp »

Very respectful approach with the laying down of the grass but surely we should have been all together instead of across the pitch to show unity. Anyway Interesting Thomas is captain, shows Corry maybe isn't guarenteed his place.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

unless they get some real grit/balls from somewhere, its too late for that kinda show of agression. It was bad enough doing that pansy thing with the grass, but BOD to be leading it when the history behind the Irish approach was the best yet. And didn't the media slate them for it I recall.

To see it in all its glory Irish response to the Haka
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Seeing as most of the team is English - could the Lions not do a morris dance back. That'd terrify the AB's.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

this is doing the rounds at the moment among Lions fans out there.

"By way of protest at the unpunished tackle on Brian, all Lions supporters should turn their backs on the Haka in silence, at the next Tests"
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

Have seen the BOD tackle on Sky this evening, first time I got a clear view of it.

The ball was long gone and it was clearly a spearing by Mealamu and Umaga. How the commissioner can say there is no case to answer is beyond me. If BOD had not been alert enough to make sure he took the impact on his shoulder he could have been left in a wheelchair.

As BOD has pointed out, Umaga - as captain - didn't even have the decency to check on him when he left the pitch. To his credit, Justin Marshall offered his sympathy.

Whatever the fans may do, I would like to see Thomas line the boys up on the half way, shoulder to shoulder and look the ABs straight in the eyes.

When the Kiwis arrive in Lansdowne we need to bring the roof down on their heads.
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

From the sky sports website.........

But both the Lions and the All Blacks have moved to quash speculation that O'Driscoll was "targeted" because of an alleged disrespectful response to the pre-match haka.

Woodward explained that O'Driscoll's response, in which he appeared to stoop and throw a piece of grass, was in fact in line with traditional protocol, as told by a Maori.

"This man said to show respect for the haka the chief goes out front with one of the youngest players then accepts the challenge by picking up a piece of grass at the end of the haka as a mark of friendship and respect," Woodward said.
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

If anyone knows SCW's email address, would they ever drop him a note to advise him that picking form players in their regular positions and giving them a gameplan with a degree of ambition is a great way of showing respect to the All Blacks.