Chat room?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Chat room?

Post by pwrmoore »

Am I just being daft fermain - Saw your invite to come in for a chat and thought the new chatroom facility was up and running - but I can't find it....

Are we just in old traditional simultaneaous post mode for the moment?

Oh and by the way - if everyone is here how the hell am I going to get my last 100 posts in to reach B&I legend on the bright side?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

just thought it'd be good to get a few posts moving on this mb..
Chatroom still under development, but won't be too long tho.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

damn you fermain! I was only a day from legend status - but now no-one is there to reply to my crap<del><del><del><del> posts.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Paul.

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

:lol: :terror:
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Is tonight the night Paul?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

could be!!!

Like the Gurus on the dark side I'm not sure that I want to go on a meaningless post though....as it wasn't the captain earlier (he was on the board immediately before ago arrived) I guess it was you cables. That's twice now - three wind-ups and you're out.... :shock: :lol:
Paul.

cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

I await you on the slightly enlightened site.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

sorry cables I am bereft of news and analysis...
Paul.

cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

In your own time
It was quite a dash. We need resolve like yours on the Lions Tour.
See you at the breakfast
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Dont really fancy a chat room much. It would detract from the MB and the conversations would disappear once you log off and then not all would have the benefit of reading a good thread.

Colin :twisted:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Yes colin, but you'd also be spared the necessity of reading a lot of crap just in case there's a nugget of gold hiding within it :lol:
Paul.

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

yes, there will be some disadvantages, but even this thread went off piste pretty quick!! I'm still in two or three or four minds whether to implement it yet soooo. dunno, unless others come up with some more reasons for or against etc... I might do a poll....
Ash
Initiate

Post by Ash »

Have to maybe agree with the concerns being voiced, would it affect the banter on the MB. Also is there really a need for a chatroom, as all messages on the MB are posted instantly so everyone can read and reply straight away anyway, so maybe ur just causing extra work for urself fermain which isnt really required.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

I suppose you're best to keep it in reserve fermain. I think the reason you suggested it is that (like me) you're conscious that a number of posters were put off the original URSC site by the occasional wild ramblings and hijacking(s) of threads which generally happened late at night and fuelled by alcohol :drunken: :P :(

It would be good, now that we have the advantage of a fresh start, to avoid repeating the same listakes and alienating valuable punters/contributors. :oops: :x :P :shock: 8)

I think the tap room was potentially a good enough solution except that it came too late for some - and that it requires discipline on the part of the posters - to take it off to the tap-room before it gets out of hand. :evil:

If we all try hard then the chat-room need never become a necessity, and the tried and trusted public threads will be the way to go. But I'd rather have a chat-room than an exodous of posters :idea: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Paul.

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Aye but if the nugget of gold is in the chat room it is missed. I see the concerns about going off topic but topics will always go off on a tangent no matter what happens. It is human nature but the problem with the old URSC MB was that we all got involved in a bit of semi private banter which peeved some more serious posters who then went on to the main MB and had their own.

We have all in the main remained very much on topic since then and when we have strayed it has been brought back to something remotely resembling topic. the tap room does seem to be working well and I have not noticed any problems since the obvious one.

Colin :twisted: