The Golf

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: The Golf

Post by jean valjean »

Russ wrote:When's kick off?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rory out at 7.40pm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Russ wrote:When's kick off?

Throw in
Things i see happening tonight

1. Rory gets torn apart by the same people who chirp I believe her
For not accepting a divise flag
For doing well or for not doing well

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Lewis Hamilton will win
Don't take up gambling. :D

Fecking love Masters Sunday. Gwan Rory.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:

What price Eoin McLove III?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:

I concur young Shan, given the 50ish years I dedicated to gowfing, this weekend is the first time I've watched gowf all year.

G'wan Rory indeed. Only 5 men have won all four but I suppose that has already been mentioned on the bax.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Playing like a buck eejit. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I don't care what the stats say about his putting this week. Rory doesn't make enough puts from 12ft and in. You can't win at Augusta without a hot putter.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:I don't care what the stats say about his putting this week. Rory doesn't make enough puts from 12ft and in. You can't win at Augusta without a hot putter.
Just something the man needs to keep working on

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Lapper. :duh:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Honestly feel Rory needs to leave the gym for a while and eat a few burgers. Putting is all about feel and by changing his body composition so much I think he has lost that touch.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:I don't care what the stats say about his putting this week. Rory doesn't make enough puts from 12ft and in. You can't win at Augusta without a hot putter.
Agreed but his whole game was off today anyway. Pity but another day to forget at the Masters for him.

Fair play to Patrick Reed. He held it together under pressure and grabs his first major.

Oh and fair play to the boyos with the Kerry GAA jerseys. Kerry Group will surely give them a few quid for the free advertising. :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
Agreed but his whole game was off today anyway. Pity but another day to forget at the Masters for him.

Fair play to Patrick Reed. He held it together under pressure and grabs his first major.

Oh and fair play to the boyos with the Kerry GAA jerseys. Kerry Group will surely give them a few quid for the free advertising. :D :D
He was hitting everything right today. But when he missed the eagle putt on 2, that was his chance to make his move and he didn't take it.

I thought Reed was going to have a heart attack on 17, but he stood up well. Fair play to him.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

He's going to"learn from it and move on". It's the Ulster way.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It's a truly weird game, there are days you go out and hack around and hole everything to save your score, there are days you go out and hit the ball magnificently but couldn't buy a putt and there are days when you go out feeling great, expecting to play well but when you start it's as if you woke up with somebody else's hands. Think it was the latter for Rory last night.

On the other hand, nice to hear big Jonesie on R.Ulster just before 9am, played a couple rounds with him and Seamus Green, who was pro at Knock, when he was a tour player and in the offseason, many many years back. Davy was a nice man, enormously tall for a golfer in those days and I think he managed a win in the Zambia Open or similar on the European tour as well as a clatter of Irish events. A good Bangor man. :thumleft:
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

I don't know much about golf but 2 things I noticed were that Spieth and Reed seemed to get a lot of help from their caddies whereas Rory never seemed to speak to his.
The other was that Reed took forever over his shots (he was writing a lot in his notebook as well) which might have been seriously annoying for Rory who looks like he likes to get on with things
Yes, that's me in the avatar!