The Golf

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Re: The Golf

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Will Luke Donald break the curse of the par 3?
That's the question on everyone's lips today.

Watched this last night on Sky (flicked over occasionally to check on the soccer ball). Great to see Jack, Arnie and the Black Knight playing together, ribbing each other, entertaining the tens of thousands fans who followed them, and playing decently to boot. Legends all.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Good to see wee Rory off to a flyer, -3 after 4 holes. Still on -3 after 8.

Looks like we'll not see him in Sunday in MK
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

any link for radio?
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rory -7
Starsky
Initiate

Post by Starsky »

Let's hope he doesn't have another freaky Friday
One does not simply walk into Ulster
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

GMAC not such a good start, and as for Martin Kaymer...

Mickelson and Tiger - both a bit off the pace but both under par. Mickelson very wayward with the driver (in a sharp contrast to last week); but his recovery play was, as per usual, simply spectacular. Tiger was pretty solid and mixed a bit of good with a bit of bad; putting let him down again because had he holed a few more putts a round that was average to a large degree would have instead been viewed as 'ominous'.

Yang and Choi off to good starts with their large collection of hybrids; Ricky Barnes usually goes well here, as does Ryan Moore and they're both well positioned. Good to see Ross Fisher and Sergio up near the top of the leaderboard.

3 amateurs on even par, including Peter Uilhein who was playing with Phil Mickelson. Went well in the par 3 and got off to a good start, then dropped a few and finished with a birdie on the last to card a 72. Not a lot seen of him despite being in Mickelson's group, more being shown of Mickelson's moobs bouncing up and down the fairways, and in the rough, and in the Azaleas, than any other player on the course (with the possibly exception of Freddy Couples).

Casey is well set, Ricky Fowler likewise, Luke Donald not out of it but will need to do better, Kuchar as per usual very consistent and is well placed.

Dustin Johnson who had been tipped to do well didn't do so well, Laird at 2 over and d!ck of the day should go to Henrik Stenson with an 11 over 82. He actually finished reasonably well as he was 11 over after 12...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rory finished -10, just 2 ahead.

Thought he played a fairly well managed round today, in other comps he's gone for too much and been a bit too exuberant. He did however miss 3 or four birdie putts back nine. Hope they dont haunt him at the weekend.

For now, the Ulster treble is still on

Rory :red:
AP :red:
ULSTERRRR :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Right! I am not a golfist. I do occasionally watch it.

Apparently, the blessed Rory waited to enter the Masters until his player number was '99! :wink:

Some twonk of a golfist reporter said " I wonder is there any superstition or significance in that" :lol:

In the words of Miley Cirus "Do yaaa think?" :red:

You can take the boy out of Ulster but you can't take the Ulster out of the boy. Respect!
Class :red:
SUFTCHUM
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

For now, the Ulster treble is still on

Rory :red:
AP :red:
ULSTERRRR :red:
Is Johnny Rea on his bike this weekend and make it 4 :red:
Dungannon for a 5th :red:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rory 4 up! get in there.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/
Looks like he pulled out the stops on last few holes, looks to be only one who improved at that stage
:red: SUFTCHUM (CH) is for curly haired :cheers:
Rory Best
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

super round by the wee man - just really stready golf. On a better day, he could have holed another couple of birdies but he did what he had to. Another round like that and he writes a chapter of golfing history.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rory starting to struggle a bit. He has dropped back to -10 and now that langer Woods is co-leader with him and Schwartzel.

This is going to be tough going. Come on Rory.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Nice birdie there to get back into the lead on his own. That might settle him now. Hopefully it will at any rate.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

woods on an incredible run. rory looking shakey but still in with a shout! (bit like Ulster at half time...)