President

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: President

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sarcasm is hard to get across on these computery thingys.

I think Dana's fit for her age
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

namron wrote:All Sinn Fein representitives take the Industrial wage as far as I know. I for one would be happy to get that salary myself ,but it is one of SF policies that is commendable if not a little contrived to appeal to the workin man .But hey its a start :salut:
Hey Norm, I can go with that thought but must say I wonder how they all seem to live a relatively high life with the old classic "the armani suits". Just maybe thats what goes into their back sky rocket after all expenses are taken into account, after all they can't go round with the Brennan hanging out of their baggies like I do.

On Marty standing ,it is actually a fairly ballsy move on his part. Whilst his party faithful will no doubt have tried to crunch potential numbers, its a pretty big step from being a butcher's boy, to gunman,to high commanding terrorist, to peace-loving politician, to joint Prime Minister of a neighbouring country/province /statelet.

He could get an electoral kicking but there does seem to be a lack of a leading candidate so maybe its just another well thought out piece of opportunism from a party who in all fairness are streets ahead of their rivals in terms of organisation & spotting the main chance.

As a political movement I have great respect for Sinn Fein, mainly their organisation and the quality of their leadership in political terms. As a group of people........ well.............. how can I put this .......... I'm not really a big fan, quite the opposite in fact, notwithstanding that I do have sympathy for many of their social policies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:I think Dana's fit for her age
Belter Jackie, feck Sadie I roared wi' laughter til m'belly hurt.
Dana.jpg
Dana.jpg (11.85 KiB) Viewed 403 times
All I can say Jackie is, you're a braver man than I am. I wouldn't Riyadh her if I was chained to her.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Agreed on post previous Bagster well put.
Have to defend Jackie on the next - there is something innocent yet durty about Dana and if I was 40 years older I well might :thumright:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Sarcasm is hard to get across on these computery thingys.

I think Dana's fit for her age
ffs Jackie, go to Spec savers
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

namron wrote:Some enforced northern temperance may not have gone amiss Shan :lol:
I spent a bit of time in the wesht of Ireland during the boom and I was more than envious of the salaries which mostly funded Southfork type houses or lovely new German cars. Cyclical capitalism at its most virulent .I remember being at a funeral in Galway in those years and the Priest protested over the excesses- He was nearly laughed out of the pulpit.Some sobering reflection by the parishioners now methinks.
Spot on my good man. There was an incredible clamour to spend, spend, spend. To properly analyse the situation one has to consider the kind of country Ireland was pre-boom. In the 80's we were so poor we were almost a third world country. Only the tiny percentage of wealthy could afford to buy anything other than the basic necessities. Suddenly then you had people who grew up with nothing having all this money and not knowing what to do with it. We weren't savers as we never had anything to save. It was easy to get sucked into the new materialistic age. Pretty soon you had people competing with each other to see who could prove they were the biggest idiot by buying crap they didn't need. I know people who had factory assembly line jobs but were buying cars for E40k because the banks were simply throwing the money at them. I was working one evening when I got a call from the Bank of Ireland at about 10pm to tell me I was pre-approved for a loan of E20k...This was back in 1996 when 20k was still a lot of money. I wasn't silly enough to accept their advances but many were.

Of course we had our great leader Bertie Ahern the knacker telling people who were advising caution in mid 2000's to commit suicide as they were clearly depressed. What a filthy conniving disgusting and downright horrible c-nt he was and is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0fELECYzVg

Capitalism is one of the greatest evils of the world. Capitalism is directly responsible for lots of the poverty in the world not to mention a quite staggering death toll. The real winners of course are the ones who control the world money supply through their control of Central Banks. The little people get thrown a few scraps which they greedily consume but seemingly are not aware of the large ássf-cking they have also received. While we continue to allow ourselves to be represented by the filthy lackeys of the truly wealthy we are doomed to continue this cycle forever.

Ronald Reagan, the most powerful man in the world, was merely a pawn for Goldman Sachs as was clearly seen during a speech he made one time. All other US Presidents are the same. Today you had Obama telling the Palestinians they would be wrong to look for statehood. The words may have come out of his mouth but it is quite obvious this was not his speech.

Now the only question is who controls the major central banks and consequently controls monetary policy? Not a difficult question I think.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:Marty is a better singer
:lol:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
All I can say Jackie is, you're a braver man than I am. I wouldn't Riyadh her if I was chained to her.
Feck sake ya wouldn't ride her into battle. :)
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Do for a poke if the TV was broke.
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Feck sake ya wouldn't ride her into battle. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumleft:
irishfan
Novice

Post by irishfan »

Jockster wrote:Bais--this is all getting a bit ridiculous...
If the Republic wants to vote for a former terrorist to represent their country on the international stage then that is fine--but anyone who votes for him may as well be honest about it and also praise the 9-11 bombings and all the other such atrocities carried out by other terrorist groups--there is no difference.

Marty may be a devout RC, and if that is the case he knows he'll be judged by his maker one day. However, is his decision to stand really about doing his best to represent the people of the ROI or more about raising the publicity of wee Marty and SF?

A very shrewd, charismatic and capable politician he is--but feck me can you really trust his motives?
The problem is 40 per cent or so of the people in NI would not agree with your sentiments now would they? They see Martin as their leader, someone who defended his community in a time of discrimination etc - to many he is no more culpable for the Troubles than any individual RUC officer, UDA man etc etc - I know you won't like hearing that but it's reality. I am constantly suprised that over a decade on from the GFA and many Unionists still have this superior attitude.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

irishfan wrote:many Unionists still have this superior attitude.
hul on a minute here. Jockster may well be a Nationalist and hold this view, I know many that do.

Now be away with you if you want to come here and talk rugby and chip in occasionally to the odd off piste thread fair enough, but dont make every one of your posts a wind up
irishfan
Novice

Post by irishfan »

ColinM wrote:
irishfan wrote:many Unionists still have this superior attitude.
hul on a minute here. Jockster may well be a Nationalist and hold this view, I know many that do.

Now be away with you if you want to come here and talk rugby and chip in occasionally to the odd off piste thread fair enough, but dont make every one of your posts a wind up
I'm entitled to post within the rules.

I stated fact - it is well known many in the unionist community view MMG as the 'bogeyman'. I assure you I am not winding anyone up - if you say many nationalists hold that view then I believe you
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

namron wrote:All Sinn Fein representitives take the Industrial wage as far as I know.
Not exactly. AFIK - SF reps take the salaries to which they are entitled from the public purse, however they pay that money into a SF account and draw the 'average wage' from there. The difference pays for the party machine (that and the odd Persil covered £20 note ;) )
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

irishfan wrote:
Jockster wrote:Bais--this is all getting a bit ridiculous...
If the Republic wants to vote for a former terrorist to represent their country on the international stage then that is fine--but anyone who votes for him may as well be honest about it and also praise the 9-11 bombings and all the other such atrocities carried out by other terrorist groups--there is no difference.

Marty may be a devout RC, and if that is the case he knows he'll be judged by his maker one day. However, is his decision to stand really about doing his best to represent the people of the ROI or more about raising the publicity of wee Marty and SF?

A very shrewd, charismatic and capable politician he is--but feck me can you really trust his motives?
The problem is 40 per cent or so of the people in NI would not agree with your sentiments now would they? They see Martin as their leader, someone who defended his community in a time of discrimination etc - to many he is no more culpable for the Troubles than any individual RUC officer, UDA man etc etc - I know you won't like hearing that but it's reality. I am constantly suprised that over a decade on from the GFA and many Unionists still have this superior attitude.
So you have those facts at your finger tips do you?? Funny that becaue SF only got 26.9% of the vote :scratch:
The problem always is one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter no matter what side that is. Personally, I can understand that to an extent, but then the racketeering creeps in, drugs, money laundering, protection rackets, punishment beatings, indiscriminate murder, the disappeared... etc etc and all credibility is gone---they are what they are criminals.....
I never said i was a unionist, but i think your one-eyed view shows you up for your obvious bigotry---does that mean Gay Byrne, Roddy Doyle, the Dublin press, SDLP voters and anyone else that detests terrorism/criminality are unionists as well?
You'll be telling me next that Gadaffi, Mugabe et al are misunderstood.... :banghead: