Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

gannonman
Steward

Re: Cricket season

Post by gannonman »

Mr Bray doing the job for CIYMS. Couple of big scores to start the season. Everyone else going as expected. Ballymena unfortunately look like they could be in trouble. Shame as i have utmost respect for them refusing to play on Sunday.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Anyone know if any of our Saffers are/were any good with the red ball or the old willow? They are a patriotic and sports mad ole country and anyone I know from there has followed both rugby and cricket quite closely.

Could imagine Ruan as a top wicket keeper batsman and Robbie Diack as a Freddie Flintoff type character.

The summer series against SA should be a real cracker.
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

I decided to wait on the weather before going to the Ireland v Australia fixture tomorrow, having been stung previously. Probably 15 overs or so played in North's old ground on the Ormeau (can't be sure but it was bloody miserable). Highlight of that day was meeting the team subs in Winemark across the road loading up with beers before lunch. When I say loading up, they had 3 cases per person.
Just had a quick look & the feks will not give money back if they manage to scrape in 9.5 overs. I'm aware the weather is a bollix but at this stage so should they be. Basically the point is loads of good peoples will be arriving from all corners just to watch 10 overs in mild drizzle with no recompense.
Just sayin like.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dunno why iys not called off already. Had about a month of rain in the last 12 hrs
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
ColinM wrote:Dunno why iys not called off already. Had about a month of rain in the last 12 hrs
Because it is to be dry overnight with a wind which should help dry the pitch. It is also to be dry in the morning with rain in the afternoon.

On top of that Cricket Ireland will lose about half a million if they don't get a 10 over giggle match at least.

That's why. Bit like the Ireland v France rugby match without the delights of Paris to fall back on. :lol:
I hope they get a game but if they brad pitt on the fans with a giggle match then fek the lot of them
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
ColinM wrote:Dunno why iys not called off already. Had about a month of rain in the last 12 hrs
Because it is to be dry overnight with a wind which should help dry the pitch. It is also to be dry in the morning with rain in the afternoon.

On top of that Cricket Ireland will lose about half a million if they don't get a 10 over giggle match at least.

That's why. Bit like the Ireland v France rugby match without the delights of Paris to fall back on. :lol:
Move it to Armagh as it was dry all day today and very little rain last night:D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Well, I suppose a draw for an Irish team against a southern hemipshere nation is something to celebrate these days regardless of the weather!

A real shame what happened as Ireland need all the fixtures against the top teams they can get.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Aiming to be at the 3rd and final game of Ireland v Bangladesh tomorrow sat 21st July 2012 should anyone here happen to owe me a pint. First ball at 4pm but aiming to be in the bar by 3pm to watch a bit of the golf and some pre match drinking. Hoping to get both Pakistani and Indian flags before then from the usual Red White & Blue shop.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Hoping to get both Pakistani and Indian flags before then from the usual Red White & Blue shop.

Why Mike? :scratch:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Cause i think a lot of them all dislike each other and some dodgy flags might liven things up a bit - and, assuming that Bangladesh are winning then a few chants of "You'll never win the Open" might round things off nicely. Everyone to the own of course and chanting is obviously not obligatory.
Only £15 admission in case any folk are interested.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

FYI - Kids admission is less than £15.

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cause i think a lot of them all dislike each other and some dodgy flags might liven things up a bit - and, assuming that Bangladesh are winning then a few chants of "You'll never win the Open" might round things off nicely. Everyone to the own of course and chanting is obviously not obligatory.
Not quite "cricket".

I don't think the Bangladeshis have the same fractious relationship as Pakistan/India in any case. Staying alive seems to be the priority for most of them.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cause i think a lot of them all dislike each other and some dodgy flags might liven things up a bit - and, assuming that Bangladesh are winning then a few chants of "You'll never win the Open" might round things off nicely. Everyone to the own of course and chanting is obviously not obligatory.
Not quite "cricket".

I don't think the Bangladeshis have the same fractious relationship as Pakistan/India in any case. Staying alive seems to be the priority for most of them.
Well, if HWM's not careful, maybe staying alive will become a priority for him this afternoon ......
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Not quite "cricket".

Well, if HWM's not careful, maybe staying alive will become a priority for him this afternoon ......
Just hoping the local Bangladeshis get back in time to get my Gosht Patia and Murgi Jhol on ... :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

Does this mean HWM won't be at Tennis this afternoon in his 'almost' !!! whites!??? :cheers: