Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 37 users online :: 10 registered, 1 hidden and 26 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Dave, Google [Bot], pg106, piggles, pwrmoore, Rugby Nomad, SemrushBot, TopPoster


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 656104
Total topics 19105
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Cricket season

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: Cricket season

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Whatever happened to the big fight down in Waringstown?

THIS?

Waringstown II v Waringstown III - one player from each team suspended for nearly a year for having a "disagreement" in the presence official umpires?

Is that the one?
Aye

Didnt something similar happen at a north down club and both players got just a warning

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28177
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Cricket season

Postby justinr73 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:44 pm

It's just not cricket.

I try and keep my players on a shorter leash. We had a young quick bowler in our side once though. The batter objected to some short stuff in what was only a Business League game so our bowler proceeded to york him and enquire if that was pitched up far enough.

Am off to the Oval on Friday and Saturday.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Cricket season

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Whatever happened to the big fight down in Waringstown?

THIS?

Waringstown II v Waringstown III - one player from each team suspended for nearly a year for having a "disagreement" in the presence official umpires?

Is that the one?
Aye

Didnt something similar happen at a north down club and both players got just a warning

A north Down club or specifically North Down Cricket Club (in Comber)?
Either way I'm not aware of either, despite being a member of North Down. I would be surprised though if a physical altercation resulted in just a warning as the NCU has strict rules for different levels of offence. A warning would be used for a level one offence and a physical altercation is not a level one offence.

Only account I'm aware of was that the two players were unlucky that what they did was in the presence of at least one umpire who was quite right to report them, but perhaps what was more unfortunate (for them) was that all clubs had been warned about falling discipline standards only a week or two earlier, so perhaps the NCU felt they had to make an example, once a report had been received.

From report I heard (which may not be 100% accurate), the two players concerned would quite often "disagree", but are in fact quite friendly and had made up within minutes of the altercation. Hardly surprising being at the same club? Some might consider the punishment quite harsh considering the circumstances, but them's the breaks.
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13044
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Cricket season

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:51 pm

justinr73 wrote:It's just not cricket.

I try and keep my players on a shorter leash. We had a young quick bowler in our side once though. The batter objected to some short stuff in what was only a Business League game so our bowler proceeded to york him and enquire if that was pitched up far enough.

Am off to the Oval on Friday and Saturday.
Glens pre season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28177
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Cricket season

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Whatever happened to the big fight down in Waringstown?

THIS?

Waringstown II v Waringstown III - one player from each team suspended for nearly a year for having a "disagreement" in the presence official umpires?

Is that the one?
Aye

Didnt something similar happen at a north down club and both players got just a warning

A north Down club or specifically North Down Cricket Club (in Comber)?
Either way I'm not aware of either, despite being a member of North Down. I would be surprised though if a physical altercation resulted in just a warning as the NCU has strict rules for different levels of offence. A warning would be used for a level one offence and a physical altercation is not a level one offence.

Only account I'm aware of was that the two players were unlucky that what they did was in the presence of at least one umpire who was quite right to report them, but perhaps what was more unfortunate (for them) was that all clubs had been warned about falling discipline standards only a week or two earlier, so perhaps the NCU felt they had to make an example, once a report had been received.

From report I heard (which may not be 100% accurate), the two players concerned would quite often "disagree", but are in fact quite friendly and had made up within minutes of the altercation. Hardly surprising being at the same club? Some might consider the punishment quite harsh considering the circumstances, but them's the breaks.
Family

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28177
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Cricket season

Postby justinr73 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Russ wrote:
justinr73 wrote:It's just not cricket.

I try and keep my players on a shorter leash. We had a young quick bowler in our side once though. The batter objected to some short stuff in what was only a Business League game so our bowler proceeded to york him and enquire if that was pitched up far enough.

Am off to the Oval on Friday and Saturday.
Glens pre season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


It was a close call, what with them playing Linfield an' all.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Cricket season

Postby justinr73 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Stokes was superb today.

As good as his knock in Cape Town.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Cricket season

Postby big mervyn » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 pm

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10579
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Cricket season

Postby justinr73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 pm

You'd think the stingy old git could spare a first class ton - he got 151 after all.

Typical Yorkshireman.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Cricket season

Postby justinr73 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 pm

Pleased for TRJ who has paid his dues in County cricket.

Nearly 3 times as many wickets as Wood at a better average, strike rate and economy rate.

Wood is a one trick pony, with his one trick actually being to do a passable impression of a pony.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Cricket season

Postby HwoodMike2umate » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Well I'll be off work so if I wake up next Wednesday (13.9.2017) and its not pouring I may well cycle to watch West Indies v Ireland @ Stormont. Am I likely to bump into any of you lot? I'll have me 4 Provinces fleg fluttering and various items of alcohol.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
User avatar
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)

Re: Cricket season

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Cracking day at Lords yesterday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28177
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Cricket season

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:54 pm



Missed this completely during silly season, what a belter. Have to say I was a massive fan of Boycott as a player and like him as a commentator/expert.

I walked out of Lords at 6.05 pm, 25 minutes early, in disgust one night when Boycott got out for 92, caught & bowled by Hedley Howarth of NZ when Geoffrey looked for all money a centurion.

A week or so later we arrived to see a county game at Worksop Notts v Yorks when Geoffrey, completely out of character, brought up his century with a pull over mid-wicket straight through the front windscreen of an invalid carriage parked on the boundary. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29958
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Cricket season

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:22 pm

James Anderson :salut:

>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

1 for each hundred :thumleft:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13044
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Cricket season

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:James Anderson :salut:

>appl >appl >appl >appl >appl

1 for each hundred :thumleft:

+1 >EW
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13044
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->