What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What are you watching?

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:As for the telebox, the last two Sundays I've watched Colin Stafford-Johnson, row a currach up the west coast of Ireland. He's a wildlife photographer & cameraman and director. Called "Wild Ireland: Edge of the World" a two-part documentary of the land sea & wildlife.

Absolutely stunning presentation and he's one of those guys who has a voice, quiet but like runny honey, goes perfectly with the subject matter. Still on iPlayer if anyone is interested. It's the first programme that Mrs T and I have both put down, iPad's laptops and the rest to just sit and watch in a long time.
Fantastic programme Baggy :thumleft:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -episode-1
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -episode-2
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Saw the second one. Enjoyed it.

That hotel thing on BBC2 on a Monday isn't bad. Giles Coren and Monica Galetti. They've been to Singapore and Ecuador so far.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Masterchef.

There was a gay rugby player on tonight and they asked him what his style of cooking was.

"Meat and two veg".
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Line of Duty is a quality series. Saw the Guard for the 1st time over the weekend, very funny film.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Big Little Lies is getting all the women in work's panties in a twist. It's quite good.
It's the hope that kills you.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

For all yousuns please do your self a favour and watch Peter Kayes Car Share season two episode two.
Its now available on iplayer and Kaye is designated driver for Conleth Hill who plays a drunk Elsie from the deli counter dressed as smurfette.
Major hat tilted to James Young and May McFetridge I am sure Conleth will admit to.
As some would say appropriately on here ' Sadie I roared'.
Or is that Elsie?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:For all yousuns please do your self a favour and watch Peter Kayes Car Share season two episode two.
Its now available on iplayer and Kaye is designated driver for Conleth Hill who plays a drunk Elsie from the deli counter dressed as smurfette.
Major hat tilted to James Young and May McFetridge I am sure Conleth will admit to.
Or is that Elsie?
You can take the millie out of Belfast, but she's still called Sadie.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Recently watched 'The Great Wall.' Assumed that with Willem Defoe and Matt Damon staring it would be good. WRONG! Boke 'n' Clarke must have been their acting coaches for this one. Receives Mum's TC certificate. (Total Crap!)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Recently watched 'The Great Wall.' Assumed that with Willem Defoe and Matt Damon staring it would be good. WRONG! Boke 'n' Clarke must have been their acting coaches for this one. Receives Mum's TC certificate. (Total Crap!)
Worst film I've seen for a long time. What accent was Matt Damon trying to do?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

bazzaj wrote:For all yousuns please do your self a favour and watch Peter Kayes Car Share season two episode two.
Or is that Elsie?
Brilliant stuff >appl

Peter Kaye's the only person on that side of the sheugh who could write a character like that. Great performance by Hill who just about kept the credibility of the character intact.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Car Share and Line of Duty are good shows. Watched series 1 of the last kingdom which i enjoyed - I see series 2 is on.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

againstthehead wrote:Car Share and Line of Duty are good shows. Watched series 1 of the last kingdom which i enjoyed - I see series 2 is on.
Aidy Dunbar is on the warpath tonight!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Line of Duty is different gravy...quality show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Neill_M wrote:Line of Duty is different gravy...quality show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twist after twist, can't wait till next week!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just watched the first two episodes of Department Q, BBC4, Saturday night. If you like your crime dramas down and dirty then this Danish masterpiece is a must. It gets Mum's FB certificate. (Fecking brilliant!)
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!