All Ireland Finals

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: All Ireland Finals

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Now, did Dublin win a match they should have, or wot?

Have they qualified for Europe then?

Are the Saffas coming on board, or have they learnt from the Aussies?
It's quite a strange one Grumps. On form Dublin won a game they should have won but on the day Mayo lost a game they should have won. If I was one of those Mayo lads I'd be devastated because I'd know we left the game behind us.

The modern Saffa is too saft for gaelic football. Some old style agricultural Afrikaaners might have had some chance of competing. Most Europeans wouldn't be up to it physically. It is not an accident that while Europe was being dominated by Rome the Romans did not consider it wise to attempt to even tickle the toes of the mighty Gaels.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm disgusted to hear Dublin won, I hate Mexicans.

They are the English of Irish sport, a hateful shower of, the Irish for Lionel - probably spelt something like, O'haaaaaaackkkkfinnnnnnnnnnogolionhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghnel.

Sorry, that was me clearing my fuc'king throat in Irish, the spelling would be Lionel, the fecker doesn't translate, computer says no......no, wait......... you spell if F U @ K D O G.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
striker
Novice

Post by striker »

The mighty Gaels didn't seem to worry the Brits back in the day-just saying!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Shan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Now, did Dublin win a match they should have, or wot?

Have they qualified for Europe then?

Are the Saffas coming on board, or have they learnt from the Aussies?
It's quite a strange one Grumps. On form Dublin won a game they should have won but on the day Mayo lost a game they should have won. If I was one of those Mayo lads I'd be devastated because I'd know we left the game behind us.

The modern Saffa is too saft for gaelic football. Some old style agricultural Afrikaaners might have had some chance of competing. Most Europeans wouldn't be up to it physically. It is not an accident that while Europe was being dominated by Rome the Romans did not consider it wise to attempt to even tickle the toes of the mighty Gaels.
Strange .....my memory was that the Romans had dominated until relatively recently in the southern and western three-quarters of ireland. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

striker wrote:The mighty Gaels didn't seem to worry the Brits back in the day-just saying!
The British unfortunately infected this island with their Roman religion. That was used to control and subjugate in a way not possible with mere physical strength. The fact that most of the natives stuck with that religion even though Britain had largely moved on shows the sheer power of that unwanted ideology. It is actually the worst thing the British ever did to this country.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Strange .....my memory was that the Romans had dominated until relatively recently in the southern and western three-quarters of ireland. :duck:
Correct. We would have beaten them in a fistfight but get inside someone's head and it is open season.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Clare are back in the All Ireland hurling semi finals after beating Wexford today. Gwan the banner.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Clare are back in the All Ireland hurling semi finals after beating Wexford today. Gwan the banner.
Cows will have to milk themselves that week then....
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jaysus Limerick getting in on the act as well as they beat Kilkenny today to also progress to the semis. I thought those fecking cats were going to break Limerick hearts again when they scored a goal late on to take the lead. However fair fecks to Limerick as they just refused to give in and came back to win by 2 points.

Semi final lineup -

Galway v Clare

Cork v Limerick
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:Jaysus Limerick getting in on the act as well as they beat Kilkenny today to also progress to the semis. I thought those fecking cats were going to break Limerick hearts again when they scored a goal late on to take the lead. However fair fecks to Limerick as they just refused to give in and came back to win by 2 points.

Semi final lineup -

Galway v Clare

Cork v Limerick
They keep making this competition even more confusing for very occasionally viewing Pradestants. I was up in Donegal at the w/e and judging by the flegs and bunting on display, thought they were in the final, Seems like they're just involved in some new league stage :scratch: It was much easier when you got bate and had to go home. Bit like Engerland who had to lose 3 times before they fecked off.

Has anybody ever come through one of the back doors and won the thing?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

All Ireland Finals

Post by Neill_M »

Have brought in the Super 8s this year - 2 groups of 4 with a round robin format instead of quarter finals. Top 2 from each group go into the semi finals.

Kerry beat today by Galway. The Dubs will no doubt end up winning it again.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Have brought in the Super 8s this year .......
So GAA is finally catching up with the world and adopting formats from foreign sports, are they? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Any back door action yet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: They keep making this competition even more confusing for very occasionally viewing Pradestants. I was up in Donegal at the w/e and judging by the flegs and bunting on display, thought they were in the final, Seems like they're just involved in some new league stage :scratch: It was much easier when you got bate and had to go home. Bit like Engerland who had to lose 3 times before they fecked off.

Has anybody ever come through one of the back doors and won the thing?
Not in Bogball Mervyn. It has always been one of the provincial winners which win the final. Indeed as far as I can remember no non-provincial winner has contested a final. Generally speaking the game is not competitive. Mostly you have 1 team in each province way ahead of the rest.

In the proper game, Hurling, teams have come through the back door to win. Hurling, despite being played in less counties, is more competitive.....even when factoring in Kilkenny's dominance of the last 10 years or so. Clare won coming through the back door before. It would be great if they could do so again this year but realistically Limerick probably have a better chance of doing so. I can't really see Clare toppling Galway but we can hope.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Any back door action yet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Check with Baggy.