A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Call me Dave today yammering on about how the medical profession and charity sector are just stummers, don't they see the unemployment figures as his sort of "proof" that everything is rosy. Sure malnutrition figures are rising, numbers using food banks are soaring but so what, the economy is racing forward based on part-time and zero hours contracts that approximate to here today gone tomorrow jobs so all must be well .

Yeah Dave, forget that only 1 in ten graduating teachers can find a job, ignore the fact that the floods are at least in part as bad as they are because of public sector cutbacks - I mean who in their right mind would have thought that 500 fulltime lock-keepers could possibly be missed?

Just keep to Tory traditions of fiddling unemployment figures, after all didn't Thatcher make 27 changes to the manner of c calculation and still racked up record figures. Of course she was too stupid to think of zero hours contracts. :roll:

Gwan ya big legend Baggy. SuperDave: The man who once said to Ed Milliband that he'd rather be a child of Thatcher than a son of Brown. :D

You ready for the revolution old chap?
Freedom for Tooting......... It'll always be the 70s with you pair on the stump.........
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Shan wrote:
shamalicious wrote:You've been watching House of Cards haven't you Shan? ;-)
I had to look that up Sham as I had not heard of it. Hmmm sounds like I might like that show. I must check it out. Thank you for the unintended prompt. :D
Fantastic programme Shan, well worth a watch!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Away with you Snipe. I have no desire to go back to the 70's. I equally have no desire to see the continued rich getting richer and poor getting poorer scenario and even less in seeing the elitism within British Politics becoming even more pronounced. There's fewer non-public school folk ending up at the top table now than in previous generations. Soon you'll have to show your Eton etc ID to be allowed in the door of Westminster. Never mind the 1970's. Cameron and his cronies want to go back to the 1870's. One day ye will wake up and realise they are riding around in their publicly funded chariots and knocking ordinary folk out of their way again. :D

Not the way I'd like to see my country run, if it was my country. But even though it isn't I have a grá for British people anyway as we are pretty close and I for one don't like to see the further marginalising of folk. It's an easy solution. Stop fecking designing and implementing legislation which rewards the wealthy just for being wealthy. They are already being rewarded by having access to the infrastructure and enviromnent to generate their wealth and they must be levied on that to allow them to contribute fairly to the society which permits them to do their business. At the same time there must be support structures put in place to assist those who are born into disadvantage to permit them to have a chance to progress. There's nothing particularly radical in that and there is nothing particularly concerning in it. Run the f-cking country to the benefit of all. Stop the politicians looking after their own friends and fellow wealthy set. Simple as that.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

>jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop
Jeepers Shan me old china. I was only joking...................
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Arra gwan my old pal Snipe. Shur ya know I love writing all that stuff anyway. Shur I'm only de-lyra when someone gives me the opportunity. :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The sad thing is that though we may have a wee gulder here, the stupidity of the people under millionaire status has been staggering in the last few decades. We have all - well most of you clowns - have sat and watched the working Joe emasculated and nodded sagely that yes, of course the UNions needed stripping of any & every bit of "power" they ever had.

Now there isn't even a dispute, the Boss is all powerful, the under-strata of clowns just happy that they are on a few quid & feck everybody else. The old classic of "The working class, can kiss my ass, I've got a foreman's job at last" has become a reality.

Thatcher & her selfish doctrines have ruled & I tell you this, We are 15 - 20 years past the halcyon days of the working man having some sort of say in his/her destiny is a thing consigned to history.

Now all that most hope for is a job on any terms, part time, reduced wages/salary, zero hours any fecking thing to have an income, most so paltry they have to be enhanced with benefits. Even most of those here who regard themselves as comfortable, a very large proportion will be as concerned as I am for the prospect of their children.

We have sat on our fat arses whilst liars have told us that "red tape must go" when what they actually mean is that we are getting rid of whatever hard fought, hard earning rights you thought you had enshrined in law. Sadly so many weak willed & weak minded chubes have nodded & said "yeah actually that sounds right" whilst not remotely understanding what rights they have allowed to be consigned to history.

People of my generation & previous generations, fought argued & went on strike for rights, rights which have been cast aside by fecking Sun & Mail readers who hadn't the wit to know what has been given up & how fecking hard it was to get them in the first place.

Then to put the cherry on the cake, today the Warren Gatland who I invested some hope in in the late nineties, that Blair basterd, just when I thought there was nothing the ballix could do to make me think less of him, turns out to be a Murdoch lickspittle, advising the horrendous ugly friend of Call me Dave on how to deal with charges of phone tapping. Not of course that her friend Dave Cameron won't have advised her as well. :roll:

feck I hate the way politics in this facking country have developed, still suffering the aftermath of that Warren Gatland Thatcher.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Call me Dave today yammering on about how the medical profession and charity sector are just stummers, don't they see the unemployment figures as his sort of "proof" that everything is rosy. Sure malnutrition figures are rising, numbers using food banks are soaring but so what, the economy is racing forward based on part-time and zero hours contracts that approximate to here today gone tomorrow jobs so all must be well .

Yeah Dave, forget that only 1 in ten graduating teachers can find a job, ignore the fact that the floods are at least in part as bad as they are because of public sector cutbacks - I mean who in their right mind would have thought that 500 fulltime lock-keepers could possibly be missed?

Just keep to Tory traditions of fiddling unemployment figures, after all didn't Thatcher make 27 changes to the manner of c calculation and still racked up record figures. Of course she was too stupid to think of zero hours contracts. :roll:

Gwan ya big legend Baggy. SuperDave: The man who once said to Ed Milliband that he'd rather be a child of Thatcher than a son of Brown. :D

You ready for the revolution old chap?
If you two are leading it, can I volunteer to be first against the wall? :stir:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

No volunteering will be necessary Neil. :D
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Anna Lo - discuss?

and for anyone interested I think it's the Alliance Party Annual Conference live on BBC2(NI) tomorrow 12noon to 1pm.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Woman expresses legitimate view shock
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Anna Lo - discuss?

and for anyone interested I think it's the Alliance Party Annual Conference live on BBC2(NI) tomorrow 12noon to 1pm.
Careful HwoodMike2umate, you don't want to be accused of misogyny by the open minded ones.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Women: Know Your Limits! Harry Enfield - BBC come…: http://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HWM I have already responded to this on the What annoys people? thread!

Here I will simply say "what Shammy said" :thumleft:

Politics and the truth eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

shamalicious wrote:Woman expresses legitimate view shock
Indeed Sham but I'm sure you know that the politicians will use this opportunity to create easy votes for themselves. That is what they do and the people follow them as directed. All part of the game.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

If we had another 107 Anna Lo s this place may not be such a shithole.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall