A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Big-al »

Jackie Brown wrote:I always hear farmers towing the DUP line. I doubt they are all Remainers some how.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
https://www.ufuni.org/news/gove-comment ... e-says-ufu
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Trump is a big hit with the locals in Doonbeg and it must be awesome for any visitor to our wonderful banner county. I'd imagine Trump wishes he could have just come to Co. Clare for a few days and not bothered with the rest of the visit.

A group of schoolchildren came face-to-face with the President of the United States during his round of golf in Co Clare.

Donald Trump was playing the full 18 holes at Trump International at Doonbeg ahead of his return to the US this afternoon.

Principal of Clohanes National School Aideen O'Mahony said it has been a "very exciting" morning for pupils and staff.

Speaking on RTÉ's News at One, she said the small two-teacher school is actually in the restricted security area around the Doonbeg hotel, so the children had to get passes to come to school this week.

"We kind of got wind that the president would be playing all 18 holes. The ninth hole is just adjacent to my parent's land - I'm local here. We decided to take the children to the hillside near the ninth green," said Ms O'Mahony.

"All the children were there, we had our flags and they were waiting patiently. As he was coming up the ninth fairway, he waved to the children and we were waiting on the hillside, and then one of the secret service came over to us and said 'the president would like to meet the teachers'.

"There were four members of staff there, so the four of us went up on to the tee box and he shook hands with us and he spoke to us."

The president came down to where the children were on the hillside to meet the children, she said.

"He met them, he shook hands with all of them, he stood for photographs, and we sang a few verses of songs for him, and he spoke to the children, and he was just so pleasant with them.

"They are just absolutely gobsmacked, they just can't believe it. They have had just an absolutely amazing, amazing morning," said Ms O'Mahony.

The children sang a verse of My Lovely Rose of Clare for Mr Trump.

"It was totally unexpected, it wasn't planned, it wasn't organised. We just decided to take it upon ourselves to go to the hillside and see him from a distance and wave a flag," said Ms O’Mahony.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see that the cops were called to Boris Johnson's flat by a neighbour who reporting hearing shouting and door slamming. Media loving it. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm sure he will give an honest explanation to as to what happened.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:I'm sure he will give an honest explanation to as to what happened.
She said not tonight, he wouldn't listen so all hell broke loose Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
He wouldn't accept leave means leave?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:
Note that there was a big thing made in the early reports of her shouting "Get off", later clarified to be "Get off the laptop".

Whatever anyone thinks of Boris, you have to wonder at the guy next door that just happened to be recording what was being said /shouted in Boris's place in the early hours of the morning. Maybe I'm in a minority here, but (presumably) wakened from sleep by disturbance, it wouldn't be my first thought to start recording what's going on next door.

Get the distinct impression that he's not a fan of Boris (to say the least), but setting that aside, probably was pre-prepared and thought to himself, I'll record what I can through the walls, and there could be a wee earner in this for me if I get anything saleable to the papers. :roll:

Calling the peelers of course makes it even more saleable.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He said he heard screaming, police were called and he did knock the door a number of times. Don't think it's that unreasonable that he recorded evidence of what sounded like domestic violence.

It is funny that Boris is so keen to leave Europe but can't leave his toygirl's apartment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Whatever happened, it won't put off the tories from dragging us along down their little path of self-destruction. There is no further information on Jonhson required to demonstrate how unfit he is hold any level of responsibility.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

There is also a theory she was the grumpy one who was in bad form due to the taxi rapist John Worboys being taken up for 4 more cases that day, Carrie was one of the first to be a witness in court and dropped anonymity to get him prosecuted.

Turns out the neighbours are not what you would term friendly,
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Why was Bojo buying all those expensive buses from Ballymena when he can knock one up out of an auld crate :scratch: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

So after last nights Spotlight program on Ian og the next time someone tells you that they are going to some exotic location you can ask them if its a holiday or a Paisley.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Why was Bojo buying all those expensive buses from Ballymena when he can knock one up out of an auld crate :scratch: Image
I wonder does he write lies about funding the NHS on the side of them.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Why was Bojo buying all those expensive buses from Ballymena when he can knock one up out of an auld crate :scratch: Image
That has to be one of the most embarrassing interviews given yet by a prospective PM.
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What depressed me was his lack of English - he could not express top deck or upper deck; took him nearly a minute to describe I paint models!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!