A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Shan »

Amiga500 wrote:Image

How the 1st preferences have moved around.

DUP still top of the pops. Praise the Lord. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Got a postal vote for the next one. Seeing as you have to go down the list, who's worse out of UKIP, the TUV and the DUP? :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Why do you have to go down the list?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

You don't have to go down the list.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You don't have to, but in theory, you should go as far down the list as you can. The last NI Euro election went to the 8th count. I suppose if after selecting your own preferences, you come to the conclusion that the remainder are all equally despicable, you may as well stop.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I start at the bottom and work my way up. Fill in who I would least like to see elected and see who is the last man standing. Last time it turned out green number one. Never voted Green before so this could be a new trend.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote:I start at the bottom and work my way up. Fill in who I would least like to see elected and see who is the last man standing. Last time it turned out green number one. Never voted Green before so this could be a new trend.
It's people like you who give Ulster Rugby a bad name with the feminazis. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What is the vindictiveness of this Lara Whyte about? A real misandrist or what?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Setanta wrote:What is the vindictiveness of this Lara Whyte about? A real misandrist or what?
She's made a career out of it. Seems to earn her a Bob or two ... sorry, maybe that should be a Roberta or two. :oops:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well in one weeks time we should know how accurate this poll and prediction is - https://sluggerotoole.com/2019/05/19/na ... LrE0YocOz4
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see that Naomi Long managed to get elected in NI. I also see that Martina Anderson was praising the electorate in NI for electing 2 EU Remainers. Strange turnaround for SF who previously used to advise everybody to vote no in any EU or indeed EEC related treaty referendums etc. All of a sudden they are pro-Europe.

Down here SF are taking a kicking. I spoke to a few folk who would be core SF supporters and they told me that they and many other core voters are getting fed up of SF and their new found SJW ways. SF are well on the way to becoming just another one of the fringe whinger parties in Ireland(26 county) Next General election they'll most likely manage to get less than 10 seats unless some crazy Brexit related ballix happens in the meantime to make folk think SF have the answers - I'd argue any such folk should be locked up for their own safety and the safety of the rest of us. :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:I see that Naomi Long managed to get elected in NI. I also see that Martina Anderson was praising the electorate in NI for electing 2 EU Remainers. Strange turnaround for SF who previously used to advise everybody to vote no in any EU or indeed EEC related treaty referendums etc. All of a sudden they are pro-Europe.

Down here SF are taking a kicking. I spoke to a few folk who would be core SF supporters and they told me that they and many other core voters are getting fed up of SF and their new found SJW ways. SF are well on the way to becoming just another one of the fringe whinger parties in Ireland(26 county) Next General election they'll most likely manage to get less than 10 seats unless some crazy Brexit related ballix happens in the meantime to make folk think SF have the answers - I'd argue any such folk should be locked up for their own safety and the safety of the rest of us. :D
Martina the bomber claimed SF had told some supporters to vote Naomi 1 to get her in, personally I think that was an excuse which suited them as they got fewer votes than they expected, probably defectors because of lack of Stormont and the Lyra McKee murder.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see Boris has to turn up in court to answer claims he was lying about the UK giving the EU £350 million per week.

If this type of thing catches on you'd probably have to shut down the parliament or at least move it to court buildings. :D :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Better to ask when he ever told the truth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

it depends how you consider it.

Like a shop say Tesco,s would take in say £3M a day (which could be an average figure with £ 1/2 on Monday and £7M on Saturday) and do not deduct the cost of sales when quoting the figure.

Ie takings are store by store but expenses are paid by head office.

ie Boris could be quoting the gross contribution to the EU not the net. Which is a perfectly legitimate way to state something when both figures are not actually daily amounts and there are substantial timing differences between payment and receipt of money's from the EU.

Revenue receipts from Vat may be frequent and Timely returned to the EU but CAPand other receiptsfrom the EU may be received annually in arrears.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist