A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by damianmcr »

Brits out!

feck idiots.

I know of one young lad in SF youth through a work colleague. He's a bellend. Won't spend money on anything related to Israel but will happily consume something if his Mum buys it. banker.

What really annoys me is how prevalent it is among the community (based on a very small sample) my age anyway and I've no doubt the younger ones are the same that its ok to think of the IRA as heroes or similar. I've been called a windup for arguing the simple fact that they are terrorists. It's likely all light hearted banter if you asked them but its not and whilst it exists here will never change. I was at a birthday party a few years ago and there was a young girl there maybe 2 and she had been taught to say up the ra. Disgusting.

Rant over.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Worth reviving this for the next few days during and after the election?

Anybody buzzin yet?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:58 pm Worth reviving this for the next few days during and after the election?

Anybody buzzin yet?
Unfirtunately, the uneducated, Brexit voting Engerlish masses ( more Waynes than Lionels) will decide this.

Looking forward to getting rid of Little Penguin in S Belfast mind.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Good old UK democracy, NI has to sit to the side and wait while the English decide our future.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Just voted for the Stoops for the first time ever - "lending your vote" has never been more apt.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Staying up all night watching the results so if anyone knows where I live do feel free to call in and make sure we are still awake. We have plenty of food and beer and Old Rosie cider. A wee kip in the morning and then wee stroll to Belfast City airport for lunchtime flight to London. Match 7.45pm. May sleep in on saturday. Slainte.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

If I didn't have an important meeting tomorrow, I'd probably sit up as well. Haven't done that for many a long year and the days when I could sit to the wee small hours and be fresh as a daisy in the morning are in the distant past.

There's so much unknown about this election, both here and across the water that it might be a good night's entertainment. Mind you, I can't help thinking it might be a bit of a horror picture.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

So then it looks like a huge majority for the tories. That'll solve all the problems in the UK.

Indeed the only positive thing is that the DUP will be most upset.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:19 am So then it looks like a huge majority for the tories. That'll solve all the problems in the UK.

Give Arlene a big bucket of red paint and tell her to start painting a border in the Irish Sea ...
Big Neville Southall
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:24 am
Shan wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:19 am So then it looks like a huge majority for the tories. That'll solve all the problems in the UK.

Give Arlene a big bucket of red paint and tell her to start painting a border in the Irish Sea ...
Ah, make sure its a heavy bucket of paint - tie it to her feet and drop her over the side to paint the line on the seabed.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Probably the most encouraging election in NI in manys a year in that a sizeable proportion of the electorate actually seemed to engage their brains before casting their vote
The look on Dodds' face would be funny if he didn't already look like that every other day of the year.
Good riddance to Little Penguin in S Belfast. Never bothered her hole responding to a letter Mrs BM sent her about child labour in 3rd world cobalt mines but was quick enough to come round hooring for votes.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Stormont will be up and running by middle of January. Maybe they'll delay it and have elections but I think the gears will move now.

It was a good result for NI. Boris with his big majority will be able to have a slightly softer brexit to appease the loyalists. DUP have zero influence so must get Stormont going sooner rather than later.

In the long run expect an IndyRef2 in this term of government and a lot of talk of border polls.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I would agree that it was a reasonable result except in Scotland were" Brainless Bernie " wants to lead the morons into the wilderness .

An independent Scotland will have no chance to join the EU the internal Border in NI is causing enough trouble to resolve, ensuring that neither party the EU or GB obtain the Brexit they desire.

Then there would be the currency problem to Scotland would they pounds sterling or Euros or Scottish grunts never mind security etc .

The wee lassie has no sense the economic engine of the British Isles is England and the taxes that Engine produces feed the standard of social services ( including the NHS ) which we enjoy .

The NHS is of course the great black money sink hole were if money could solve the problem it would have been solved years ago --- the problem of course is excess demand and the more medical research advances the greater that demand will be.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

NHS is on it's knees, barely fit for purpose. Scotland will be independent by the end of Boris's term. They'll be back in the EU shortly after.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No chance

Scotland couldn’t and can’t afford to

Bernie realises Bernie ‘s future is selling the dream not achieving the reality
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist