A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:It was the best telly I have seen in ages Bagster.
Who says politics is dull?
Since the before the election Mays reign could be perceived as a funnier sequel to Yes prime minister.

Do I feel sorry for her? Do I feck!
She feels no sorrow for me.

Question Baggy.
With all the shenanigans in Spain and your impeding move there does it feel a bit like frying pan and fire?

It certainly unwelcome Jizzer but having had guns pointed at me 8 times here, a few fleg waving loons are neither here nor there.

The more I've looked at this the less sympathy I have for the rebelbastards. They are not like Scotland, it genuinely is an equivalence of London saying feck the U.K. we would be better off on our own. Let's be clear, this is the wealthiest area of Spain saying, why should we support the rest of the country. Like Londoners wondering why they should be supporting the Highlands and Islands or northern bogtrotters.
Didn't know much about it tbh but enjoyed reading you and the boys informative chat.
I found it sadly ironic that I would be much safer from terrorist attack had I stayed in NI.
You might be in the same boat!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

True enough Jizzer, the Spanish are a passionate lot and it is not out of the question that it could cut up rough, fortunately, my little hovel on my little golf course in my little autonomous region of Murcia is unlikely to feature in much strife.

I could, of course, become a "concerned resident" of Barcelona, I believe it's perfectly acceptable for "concerned residents" not to be resident in any meaningful way & travel scores of miles to be offended.

I have currently added the Barcelona area to my "no visit" shitlist, in my opinion, Gaudi was a mad ould ballbeg and he can stick his Familia Sagrada up his ringpiece, much as that would be one hell of a job, starting with digging him up.

Feck the Rebels, Viva El Rey Felipe. Larga Vida España Unida.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BY the way all you pro-Catalanscumbeg types. You may have heard the tale of a woman who had every finger systematically broken, one by one by a "sadistic police officer" has confessed to being a fu'cking liar of FOLKlike proportions and though she has fractures they are nothing to do with the police and that she deliberately lied "to influence public opinion in the whole of Europe", what a bitch, she should be imprisoned without trial and have her toes systematically broken by whoever could be bothered with the basterd.

Further, whilst brutal policing is exactly that, it appears social media has been manipulated with many incidents being attributed to last Sunday that didn't happen on Sunday.

(SAUCE: Murcia Today, an English owned online newspaper, with a largely Ex-pat audience. Hardly "an organ of the state")
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote: (SAUCE: Murcia Today, an English owned online newspaper, with a largely Ex-pat audience. Hardly "an organ of the state")
Most of the ex-pat Lionels I know are more right wing than Franco.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:BY the way all you pro-Catalanscumbeg types. You may have heard the tale of a woman who had every finger systematically broken, one by one by a "sadistic police officer" has confessed to being a fu'cking liar of FOLKlike proportions and though she has fractures they are nothing to do with the police and that she deliberately lied "to influence public opinion in the whole of Europe", what a bitch, she should be imprisoned without trial and have her toes systematically broken by whoever could be bothered with the basterd.

Further, whilst brutal policing is exactly that, it appears social media has been manipulated with many incidents being attributed to last Sunday that didn't happen on Sunday.

(SAUCE: Murcia Today, an English owned online newspaper, with a largely Ex-pat audience. Hardly "an organ of the state")
I heard she has gone to a knee surgeon in South Africa for a second opinion.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: (SAUCE: Murcia Today, an English owned online newspaper, with a largely Ex-pat audience. Hardly "an organ of the state")
I true enough I suppose, Lionels eh?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well another great day for the DUP.

The most recent Speaker, Robin Newton has clearly lied through his teeth to the Assembly, Spotlight clear spells out that both DUP/UDA & SF/IRA are pushing funding to "favoured" organisation.

Surely the simplest thing would be that rather than millions being SIFted to Paramilitary groups masquerading as businesses and community organisations, just get every thug to apply for a Decommissioned Underling Paramilitary pension. Obviously, Brigadiers such as D Stitt would qualify for Uberstumbamfuerhrer Directorial Award at the higher rate.

None of this is really either surprising or news, however, it appears the DUP have recently "set" the PSNI on a young woman for the heinous offence of carrying a placard saying FU'CK THE DUP, a placard taken from her before the parade by Gay Pride organisers, so it apparently didn't feature in the parade.

And who was the complainant, why our old homophobic friend Jim Fuc'king Wells, an apparently educated man, but a sad retard? This man cannot stop putting his foot in his mouth yet has the crass neck to set the rossers on a girl for dissing his bloody party of corner boyscum.

Thank Christ I'll soon be leaving. Fu'ck the DUP/UDA.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Politics aside Baggy I think Northern Ireland seems to have come on leaps and bounds since the peace process.
Particularly the big smoke.
Everytime I go back which is fairly frequently it gets better and better in terms of development and social life.
Even sports wise the sectarian element has vanished from Windsor for Ni games and we have two good stadiums with the best atmospheres.

Politics are sh1te I'll give you that but apart from North Korea or Russia you wouldn't get too many countries whose population wouldn't currently say the same.
Including Spain.
All of them have sh1t areas too.

The gay marriage rights thing seems to bother you.
It doesn't bother me either way.
My ambivalence to it was summed up by a lesbian I know whos wife two timed her after a year of marriage and took half of everything including her pension and house.

The one perk of gayness in my opinion, was that they couldn't get married.
Personally think the Duppers are doing them a favour.
Remember the equation no marriage-= no mother in law.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jizzer, I'll be sure to pass that on at the next meeting for guys and gals who are as gay as the next man. Admittedly it sounds catchy - DUP friends of the Gayberts, vote for us and you'll never have to listen to a whinging mother-in-law.

Thing is, I had an excellent MA IN LAW, I think in general that they get a bum rap. Nah, forget it, I'll just take marriage equality, thanks. :thumleft:

You have the old Rose tinted glasses on about NI Jizzer, still has vast tracts terrorised by scumbag paramilitaries, still has people being scared out of there houses still has dickheads running the place..... or currently not, and just so you know, has one young Ballymena centre who was banned for 6 months for call a ref a fenian yet still has pulled on an Ulster shirt.

I could go on but your not a dummy, you get the point.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

If I was 30 years younger I might not get married. We definitely wouldn't have any religious trappings. Happy to have the choice though.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
I thought Franco was a lock (who was spotted at Belfast International on Sunday night flying to Gatwick with Mrs Franco and Master Franco).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm off to a wedding in the City Hall at the end of the month, a civil ceremony for two civil creaters, one of each gender obviously as it's a wedding.

It's how I would have chosen to do it but Mrs T's parents were both mentalists so we decided to keep the peace. A massive wedding with 22 people including the sky pilot. Then fecked of to Gay Paris for 2 and a half weeks including the France v Ireland game, then home, unpacked, packed again and off to Dublin for the Ireland v Wales game.

Ah the days when I had fu'cks to give about Ireland and the Fuc'king FIRFUbastards.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'd choose a Civil Partnership. Oh hang on ... I can't because the feckin Labour Party are fascist batsards, who discriminate about different kinds of love.

;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer, I'll be sure to pass that on at the next meeting for guys and gals who are as gay as the next man. Admittedly it sounds catchy - DUP friends of the Gayberts, vote for us and you'll never have to listen to a whinging mother-in-law.

Thing is, I had an excellent MA IN LAW, I think in general that they get a bum rap. Nah, forget it, I'll just take marriage equality, thanks. :thumleft:

You have the old Rose tinted glasses on about NI Jizzer, still has vast tracts terrorised by scumbag paramilitaries, still has people being scared out of there houses still has dickheads running the place..... or currently not, and just so you know, has one young Ballymena centre who was banned for 6 months for call a ref a fenian yet still has pulled on an Ulster shirt.

I could go on but your not a dummy, you get the point.
I do pal but careful your not doing the same with Spain Bagster and I'll wager I have a darn sight more experience of Northern Ireland than you have out there.

About gay marriage joking asides I think these guys need to be careful when they do enter into it or they eventually get what they wish for here.
Some will marry only as it's their right and enter into it for the wrong reasons.

Then reality kicks in when half their assets are stripped by a person who they probably forget why and how they could ever stand to be in the same room as.
That's the flip side and it isn't always a bed of roses or some utopia.
Its tough particularly for younger people with all the pressures of modern life.

As for mothers in laws- swap?
Even cancer is scared of mine.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Seems to me that there is more friction between weemin and their mother in laws. In Ireland anyway. MILs here seem happy to extend the Irish mammy thing and treat you like a Lord.
Big Neville Southall