A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:You'd have to be hard hearted to not feel a little sorry for the Spanish.

Ole. Can't wait to have a team to support. G'wan Los Leones.

Aye, I know they may lose a few, but sure I'm used to that. However, Los Leone`s are looking good to qualify for Japan 2019, second in the European qualifying group but a game in hand over Romania and only 3 points behind, with 2 easy looking games to play, Germany home & Belgium away having snattered both already and they are the 2 bottom teams in the group.

Guess what group Spain would be in? Yip with the Paddybastards. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:You'd have to be hard hearted to not feel a little sorry for the Spanish.

Ole. Can't wait to have a team to support. G'wan Los Leones.

Aye, I know they may lose a few, but sure I'm used to that. However, Los Leone`s are looking good to qualify for Japan 2019, second in the European qualifying group but a game in hand over Romania and only 3 points behind, with 2 easy looking games to play, Germany home & Belgium away having snattered both already and they are the 2 bottom teams in the group.

Guess what group Spain would be in? Yip with the Paddybastards. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Good summary of the current standings in Euro RWC 2019 Qualifying Section. Romania also still play Belgium, so Spain maybe need 9 points from their games - very doable. Weren’t disgraced in Georgia either only lost 23-10.

Romania likely to go into a playoff v Samoa, the winner of which will also be in Ireland’s group.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Meanwhile back in politics, it seems that the DUP was not to blame for the fact that their agreement with Shinner Central collapsed, it appears it may well have been Dee'sTit and his ilk, saving God & Ulster from an Irish Language Act that had no civil service quotas, no street signs changing all over the Pravince. FFFS they were even happy to keep Mrs Facsist as First Minister.

Terrorism says no.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

12thfrightnight.jpg
12thfrightnight.jpg (113.22 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Arlene will collapse Brexit if she doesnt get her way
Yet nobody has actually defined what they want yet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Arlene will be on the dole shortly
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Vanhelsing wrote:Arlene will be on the dole shortly
DA and VF seem happy with her

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Anyone for Shinnerbeer?

A woman whose sister was murdered by the IRA has called on the American public to boycott a new US beer named in honour of Gerry Adams.

'Adams' Best' is the latest product from the Chicago-based craft beer company Revolution Brewery.

According to the company's website, Adams' Best "is named for Gerry Adams, the president of Sinn Féin, who was instrumental in the development of the Belfast Agreement in the late 1990s, which brought a ceasefire to Northern Ireland".

The profile of the new product makes no mention of the former Sinn Féin leader's association with the IRA.

Terror

Mr Adams has always denied membership of the IRA - but never distanced himself from the terror group.

Ann Travers, whose sister Mary (22) was shot dead by the IRA in Belfast in 1984 as she walked home from Mass with her father Thomas, said commemorating Mr Adams through a craft beer was "shameful".

She has called on Americans to boycott the brand. "It is absolutely unbelievable. I'm actually lost for words," she said.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Shan wrote:Anyone for Shinnerbeer?

A woman whose sister was murdered by the IRA has called on the American public to boycott a new US beer named in honour of Gerry Adams.

'Adams' Best' is the latest product from the Chicago-based craft beer company Revolution Brewery.

According to the company's website, Adams' Best "is named for Gerry Adams, the president of Sinn Féin, who was instrumental in the development of the Belfast Agreement in the late 1990s, which brought a ceasefire to Northern Ireland".

The profile of the new product makes no mention of the former Sinn Féin leader's association with the IRA.

Terror

Mr Adams has always denied membership of the IRA - but never distanced himself from the terror group.

Ann Travers, whose sister Mary (22) was shot dead by the IRA in Belfast in 1984 as she walked home from Mass with her father Thomas, said commemorating Mr Adams through a craft beer was "shameful".

She has called on Americans to boycott the brand. "It is absolutely unbelievable. I'm actually lost for words," she said.
Sounds more like Adnams Broadside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

No idea why the Lionels as a nation fear and despise the European Court of Human Rights. Today in a judgement that will be welcomed in UK , USA & Israel amongst others, they decided "the hooded men" were not tortured.

I can only say that if that isn't torture I hope to fück that I am never tortured.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

anyone else think that Mr Stirling could be looking a new job.... albeit with a huge pay-off I suspect he can kiss his Knighthood goodbye.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:No idea why the Lionels as a nation fear and despise the European Court of Human Rights. Today in a judgement that will be welcomed in UK , USA & Israel amongst others, they decided "the hooded men" were not tortured.

I can only say that if that isn't torture I hope to fück that I am never tortured.
That isn't quite true though. The decision today was not to determine if it was torture or not but whether there was any evidence which would have changed the original verdict.

The definition of torture in legal terms was far too narrow in the 70's. These guys were clearly tortured and the ECHR has said if if happened today it would be deemed as torture. However they cannot apply contemporary laws to previous cases.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:anyone else think that Mr Stirling could be looking a new job.... albeit with a huge pay-off I suspect he can kiss his Knighthood goodbye.
Typical civil service, make a balls of something and get promoted, Fiona Hepper is another the same.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:anyone else think that Mr Stirling could be looking a new job.... albeit with a huge pay-off I suspect he can kiss his Knighthood goodbye.
Next CEO at UR?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:No idea why the Lionels as a nation fear and despise the European Court of Human Rights. Today in a judgement that will be welcomed in UK , USA & Israel amongst others, they decided "the hooded men" were not tortured.

That isn't quite true though. The decision today was not to determine if it was torture or not but whether there was any evidence which would have changed the original verdict.

The definition of torture in legal terms was far too narrow in the 70's. These guys were clearly tortured and the ECHR has said if if happened today it would be deemed as torture. However they cannot apply contemporary laws to previous cases.
Well, you say that, but do you think the serial torturers of UK USA & Israel amongst many many others will give a shyte about the whys & wherefores, their only concern is that their torture practices can continue, albeit, Betty claims her guys no longer use those practices.

Furthermore, I do not suggest that the hooded men maybe didn't deserve a bullet in the cranium, I have no idea, what I know for certain is that being interned did not mean you were in the RA or were close to being a terrorist. One of my brothers-in-law in Derry was very briefly interned and not only was he not in the RA, he has never had any time for them & has never voted SF, an SDLP man all his days, first enthused by John Hume.

What I know beyond doubt is that they were tortured and because the ECHR could not find a way to label what happened torture, countries can get away with using the same techniques quoting the ECHR verdict as clear evidence that they are not torturing people.

To me, that is a bad day for justice.