A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:It would definitely be wrong to assume that Marty and Nelson were bad because of shaking the wrong person's hand. We all have to do things we'd prefer not to have to do for the greater good.
ROG was taking no chances on being labelled a terrorist.
ROGsnubsBetty.jpg
PR man BoD outraged

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He was probably hiding his ridiculous upside down smile. Smirky wee dickwad.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Ulster Fry has been helping Karen Bradley with some information about Northern Ireland after her interview in House magazine.

https://theulsterfry.com/world-news/10- ... lish-folk/

1. Northern Ireland has a population of 18 million, divided into Protestants, Catholics and Others. Protestants want Northern Ireland to be part of Scotland and Catholics want a united Ireland. No one cares what the Others think.

2. It is part of a small island off the English Coast that was discovered by St Patrick in 1423. Patrick was a British man who is now the Patron Saint of Ireland. Protestants who like Britain can’t stand him, whereas Catholics who don’t really like Britain think he’s the best thing since sliced bread. (Look, just go with it.)

3. The capital is Belfast, where they made the movie Titanic. The two other largest cities are Derry and Londonderry.

4. The two biggest political parties are the DUP and Sinn Fein. The DUP are now in charge of running England and pretty soon Sinn Fein could be in a coalition in the Irish Republic, but neither party is in government in Northern Ireland. This is called power sharing.

5. The main language is ballix, spoken by over 84% of the population. The remaining 16% speak Tyrone, a dialect so complex even fluent Tyronians can’t understand each other.

6. The national pastimes are drinking, arguing, and arguing while drinking.

7. Our most famous tourist attraction is the Gigantic Causeway – a huge stone structure formed in 4000 BC during the Great Flood.

8. The most famous Northern Irish actor ever is Eamonn Holmes, who has appeared in movies like Taken, Taken 2 and Fifty Shades of Grey.

9. The singer Van Morrison is from Northern Ireland. After leaving The Doors in the 1960s he invented the Ford Transit.

10. Our greatest ever sportsperson is George Best, who played for Man Utd in the 1950s before taking up snooker and changing his name to Alex Higgins. Famously good looking, it is estimated that Best slept with 76% of women in England.

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

:lol:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Pretty accurate, I'd say. The Ulster Fry is always closer to the truth than the Belfast Telegraph, News Letter and Irish News.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

And in other, sort of, political news, Boris Johnson and wife are to divorce. Rumour has it that this was the culmination of a long underground campaign by their children in revenge for calling them: Lara Lettice, Milo Arthur, Cassia Peaches and Theodore Apollo.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Telling us something we already know......

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... -1.3629748
Irish reunification would come at a high price for the Republic, reducing income and living standards by as much as 15 per cent, a new study has found.

The research, by economists John FitzGerald of Trinity College Dublin and Edgar Morgenroth of Dublin City University, suggests that in the event of a hard Brexit, the only way the North could stay in the EU is by leaving the UK, which opens up the possibility of a united Ireland.

However, this would pose a number of economic challenges, not least how the Republic would accommodate the €11 billion subvention Northern Ireland receives annually from the UK, which equates to 25 per cent of its national income.

“Taking on such a bill would reduce permanently the standard of living in this part of the island by 15 per cent,” Prof FitzGerald told the annual conference of the Dublin Economics Workshop in Co Wexford, where he presented the study’s findings.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Paisley Og crowing for being let off the hook. Has the audacity to put in his Twitter bio that he has 90.6% of support.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

shamalicious wrote:Paisley Og crowing for being let off the hook. Has the audacity to put in his Twitter bio that he has 90.6% of support.

Long way from the teary eyed apology in the commons. Grade A canut.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:
shamalicious wrote:Paisley Og crowing for being let off the hook. Has the audacity to put in his Twitter bio that he has 90.6% of support.

Sinners have a point on this one. Just 3 polling centres open 9-5 totally inadequate.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Sinners have a point on this one. Just 3 polling centres open 9-5 totally inadequate.
Perfectly adequate imho.
Nobody who wanted to sign had any excuse not to.

The effort involved is proportionate to the amount of thought that should be applied to the subject.

You can't make it like a bakebook poll. 'Click here if you want to recall your MP'. We'd have bye elections every Thursday.

People voting for stuff without understanding the consequences is a dangerous thing.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

Perfectly adequate imho.
Nobody who wanted to sign had any excuse not to.

The effort involved is proportionate to the amount of thought that should be applied to the subject.

You can't make it like a bakebook poll. 'Click here if you want to recall your MP'. We'd have bye elections every Thursday.

People voting for stuff without understanding the consequences is a dangerous thing.
Brexit is a good case of this
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If one good thing has come out of the RHI inquiry it confirms what we all suspected, politicians are liars and civil servants are trusted to do jobs they know absolutely nothing about
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I trust that the "they need us more than we need them" and the "they will do a good deal to keep UK close" are all scrambling around this morning looking for some parchment and a quality quill with which to write their apologies to those of us who said the EU will fu'ck the UK over as a signal to other potential wavers not to bother their shitebaxes.

Tell me when you have it written Snipe. >EW

I am deeply concerned that my meagre stipend, paid in Betty's coin, will not keep me in the style to which I aspire.

Watched Qtime last evening and the staggering stupidity of the Brits ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well, its ..staggering, still the lumpen proles trot out the line "BRexit means BRexit" when the nutjobs and swivel-eyed loons who took them to the top of the cliff have long since scurried away leaving the lemmings to jump into the abyss.

An audience po-faced guttersnipes in the main, saying "we should walk away now" without any concept of what that would do to their future or that of their children and subsequent generations. A few sensible voices, yet this incredibly stupid line that having a referendum on the actual leaving terms would somehow be undemocratic persists.

Imagine the scandal, how dare they ask for a vote on the reality of BRexit, rather than on the basic premise of leaving, when they were being sold everything just short of a renewal of the Empire and Brittania ruling the waves. Warren Gatland.

I move a mass sterilisation programme to send the English into extinction, they really are horribly stupid as a nation.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

As far as single market and customs union goes you are either in it or out of it, there is no halfway house, in it means borders are as present and out means hard border and tariffs on goods depending on what trade deal is then thrashed out. The trade deal then may have some things at same rates and others at different rates, the big ones especially for NI are milk and beef products as they are seriously taxed going into Europe, even Norway and it's hybrid deal has higher than WTO rates on them and to do a free deal EU would then have to reconsider that.
All trade deals will be done by the negotiators in the background and all those with experience needed work for EU, the UK is heading into battle with Barnier and his sidekick Sabine Weyland and I would rate the UK change a on a par with the Irish Navy taking on the US navy in a gun battle.
Rory Best