1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 22 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Flipper, Google [Bot], richardt84, SemrushBot

Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 663863
Total topics 19179
Total members 2938
Our newest member Healy66

Birthdays

Congratulations to: Tender (59)

A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

• Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 6 votes

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Postby WeeWorld » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 am

I think I got something wrong above

The Backstop is now the "temporary" no-deal Brexit deal

should be:
The Backstop is now the "temporary" Brexit deal

ie the Transition deal until a final deal is hammered out, a year or two later (or never).

No-Deal then means the UK crashes out of the EU next March and Teresa May's letter seems to be threatening the DUP with the very thing they don't want, an Irish Sea border.
Given that the DUP don't want an election either it looks like a smart play by Teresa May to force them on-side.

Between this and the way she's made understanding the backstop almost impossible, you'd have to admire her.
She really is what Ken Clarke called her, a bloody difficult woman. :lol:
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Postby Rooster » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:58 pm

WeeWorld wrote:I think I got something wrong above

should be:

ie the Transition deal until a final deal is hammered out, a year or two later (or never).

No-Deal then means the UK crashes out of the EU next March and Teresa May's letter seems to be threatening the DUP with the very thing they don't want, an Irish Sea border.
Given that the DUP don't want an election either it looks like a smart play by Teresa May to force them on-side.

Between this and the way she's made understanding the backstop almost impossible, you'd have to admire her.
She really is what Ken Clarke called her, a bloody difficult woman.

WeeWorld wrote:I think I got something wrong above

should be:

She really is what Ken Clarke called her, a bloody difficult woman.

The backstop is simple, May wants a time limit on it but as Varadkar said it can't have a time limit and he is just quoting Sabine Weyand who is Barniers deputy and far more bloody crooked than May ever will be.
Her aim is to do everything she can to mess up Brexit or if UK goes they suffer as to give in will be seen as a sign for other members to perhaps start making threats to break up the EU, put her in a room with Mays cabinet and she will have them beaten on every point they bring up, any wonder Davis got out and Raab has not got the chance to run yet
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Postby Neill_M » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:32 pm

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Back Room 'Lock In'