What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

In 45 minutes a tinnie of Devils Bit cider - all the way from Tipperary.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sharish gin from Portugal.

Served with apple and cinnamon (or canela as Baggy no doubt calls it these days).

Very nice indeed and the white port and tonic wasn't bad either.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sounds good Lionel. Reminds me as my last action on Brit soil I bought a bottle of Shortcross before entering the Chunnel.

Tucked away in my tear lights compartment, hope I remember it before trading in the car.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:Sharish gin from Portugal.

Served with apple and cinnamon (or canela as Baggy no doubt calls it these days).

Very nice indeed and the white port and tonic wasn't bad either.
The local Chinese here does a post prandial canela flavoured liqueur called Chinese Flower.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Tried Pienaar & Son gin yet?

The Empire is not bad at all. London style with a touch of cucumber.

They also do an Orient which sounds like it has a similar flavour profile to Opihr.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Tried Whitley Neill Rhubarb Ginger gin tonight. I liked it. Wife didnt. Was too sweet for our.

Going to get the Malfy Orange gin next.

Big fan of it since tried it a few months ago.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I love the quince one but it’s also very sweet.

Not tried the orange but the lemon isn’t bad.

I’ve just picked up some Norwegian and Danish gin. Will report back later in the week!
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Tanqueray Flor De Sevilla looks good.

You tried the Lidl Wild Burrows? Its pretty damn good.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

The choice of Gins is now mind boggling. Feck me, back in the day when I drank Whiskey the choice was simply Jamesons of Bush (everything else isn’t ), but it’d take months to get through Irish Gins alone, with all the possible mixers and bits of food we shove into the glass.
I have a cupboard full of sampled bottles and I still have an historic, incomplete wish list the length of Hendy’s arm.
I now think my initial findings to be bob on and helps bring clarity of thought and a more relaxed lifestyle choice.
If I find myself in a gathering with friends or family whereby I will have more than one or two gins, I’ll always go for Bombay Sapphire with a Schweppes tonic and a slice. It’s a clean tasting, refreshing gin which isn’t drowning in juniper or perfume. It’s my everyday drinking gin, but I no longer drink everyday and anyone who does should have a look at themselves.
If I find myself having quality time with the Mrs (mine), or alone, I’ll have either a Hendricks or a Jawbox. Hendricks with Schweppes and cucumber, or a slice and the Jawbox would be with Ginger.

I don’t buy into the Feavertree hype and it boils my p1sh when it’s the only tonic available in bars, usually hotel bars. It’s an overpriced fashion accessory, like false nails and those ridiculous eyebrows which Plastics now sport.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tender wrote:The choice of Gins is now mind boggling. Feck me, back in the day when I drank Whiskey the choice was simply Jamesons of Bush (everything else isn’t ), but it’d take months to get through Irish Gins alone, with all the possible mixers and bits of food we shove into the glass.
I have a cupboard full of sampled bottles and I still have an historic, incomplete wish list the length of Hendy’s arm.
I now think my initial findings to be bob on and helps bring clarity of thought and a more relaxed lifestyle choice.
If I find myself in a gathering with friends or family whereby I will have more than one or two gins, I’ll always go for Bombay Sapphire with a Schweppes tonic and a slice. It’s a clean tasting, refreshing gin which isn’t drowning in juniper or perfume. It’s my everyday drinking gin, but I no longer drink everyday and anyone who does should have a look at themselves.
If I find myself having quality time with the Mrs (mine), or alone, I’ll have either a Hendricks or a Jawbox. Hendricks with Schweppes and cucumber, or a slice and the Jawbox would be with Ginger.

I don’t buy into the Feavertree hype and it boils my p1sh when it’s the only tonic available in bars, usually hotel bars. It’s an overpriced fashion accessory, like false nails and those ridiculous eyebrows which Plastics now sport.
Swap onto soda water. Thank me later

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

damianmcr wrote:Tanqueray Flor De Sevilla looks good.

You tried the Lidl Wild Burrows? Its pretty damn good.
No Lidl near us unfortunately - i don't think much of the Aldi stuff.

Flor De Sevilla is decent. Hendrick's has drunk well in the hot weather.

Schweppes is pretty much as good as anything.

Don't drink much beer these days. it's a bit of a lottery outside of the North of England.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Russ... Thank you.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Brookies Byron Bay gin is a good ‘un.

London style but fruitier. Orange peel finish.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Fancied a pint on Friday night at Ravenspan to wash down the painkillers,(I'm not advocating that to others, btw, just sayin' like) but thought I'd have something a bit lighter than my usual :stout:

Tried the (what's it called?) Orchard Thieves cider (something like that anyway)

It is HORRIBLE stuff :puker:

Steer clear of it ... you have been warned!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I try to stick to Guinness for washing down a naproxen.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND