The Big Gay Cake

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Big Gay Cake

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Enjoyed this story at the weekend....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 79136.html
Indeed. I particularly enjoyed this comment:

Tony Xu, the founder of the booking site, said: “We appreciate that this looks like bieber for tat, and it is.” Image
It's not though
Looking at it with an objective pair of eyes

1. The cake was declined prior to work being done. They gave the activist plenty of time to source another
2. The photographer accepted and undertook the work. Only deciding not to release the photos after the court announcement

It seems once again the activists are in the wrong. I feel sorry for the gay community to have people like this putting the fight for their rights back years and years with their misplaced activism

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Not surprised with the supreme court verdict. It was pretty much in line with what I thought. It is good to see that the supreme court understands a fairly simple point that managed to escape the notice of the lower courts. That simple point will of course also escape the notice of b1gots who will see this as a victory for them and also SJW's who will equally see it as a victory for b1gots. Hmmm SJW's and b1gots have something in common - who'd have thunk it. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:Not surprised with the supreme court verdict. It was pretty much in line with what I thought. It is good to see that the supreme court understands a fairly simple point that managed to escape the notice of the lower courts. That simple point will of course also escape the notice of b1gots who will see this as a victory for them and also SJW's who will equally see it as a victory for b1gots. Hmmm SJW's and b1gots have something in common - who'd have thunk it. :D
I think it is unfair to say it is a simple point. I think the point that any discrimination was political rather than based on sexuality was simple and I was surprised that the other courts held otherwise, but they are sharper legal minds than me. But clarification was required wrt the political discrimination under FETO versus the freedom to opinion under HRA/ECHR. These things should rightly be traded out in the higher courts
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Looks like God didn't think through the smiting of Gayloving Primark. :lol:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 36200.html
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Looks like God didn't think through the smiting of Gayloving Primark. Image

He may be omnipotent, but he forgot the NIFRS were impotent. It was only supposed to burn the bloody roof off.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:Looks like God didn't think through the smiting of Gayloving Primark. :lol:

\

Good to see Ashers have their good Christian principles to the fore in ensuring that the city and community are well served during these troubled times for retailers in Belfast :roll:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Looks like God didn't think through the smiting of Gayloving Primark. Image

\

Good to see Ashers have their good Christian principles to the fore in ensuring that the city and community are well served during these troubled times for retailers in Belfast :roll:
Thought they would have had decent sales of hot cross buns in that location
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote: It seems once again the activists are in the wrong. I feel sorry for the gay community to have people like this putting the fight for their rights back years and years with their misplaced activism

Don't really see any evidence of that. Somebody brought a box of Asher's buns into my daughter's place of work. Nobody would touch them :thumleft:
Makes you wonder how much of the downturn can actually be attributed to the fire?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote: It seems once again the activists are in the wrong. I feel sorry for the gay community to have people like this putting the fight for their rights back years and years with their misplaced activism

Don't really see any evidence of that. Somebody brought a box of Asher's buns into my daughter's place of work. Nobody would touch them :thumleft:
Makes you wonder how much of the downturn can actually be attributed to the fire?
I had a box of them yesterday along with a bag of fruit scones and I still feel normal today
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I had a box of them yesterday along with a bag of fruit scones and I still feel normal today
Any slogans on them Rooster?

Maybe, FO Shirtlifters or sex outside of marriage is wrong, vote DUP??????????

FO Ashers
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

Any slogans on them Rooster?

Maybe, FO Shirtlifters or sex outside of marriage is wrong, vote DUP??????????

FO Ashers
Never checked for slogans, tasted good though, scones nice consistency and right ratio of fruit.
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sounds gay, even fruity.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.