Abominations.... when "annoyed" doesn't get it done.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Abominations.... when "annoyed" doesn't get it done.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I heard a 5Live bit about farming lions for "hunters", BR and on balance I believe it to be by a very long way the lesser of two evils & loosely would approve of it if the wild lions remained off limits.

The Dreadful Dentist may only have killed poor ould Ceecil, but he has condemned Ceecil's male progeny to death also, as the new boss will apparently bump off sons of Ceecil to clear the pride for his bloodline only. That won't happen with farmed lions so that would be one thing in favour. Mind you I'd regard the customers of the farms as worthy only of being lion food.

I would, as most might expect, be very much anti-hunting, but if it is genuinely used to cull over population of any creatures - so that excludes all the BIG 5 in Africa for a starters - then I can see it's value if it is something that potentially helps poor countries and get over my absolute distaste for the practice.

For clarity I have no objections to a few fartridges or peasants being shot for food, though not for sport , clay pigeons shoud suffice for sport, or for that matter, actual pigeons which are basically flying rats, if in a controlled fashion and I don't give a flying fu@k about badgers foxes and similar if they are a threat to farmers activities, be that animal or crop production or any other enterprise a farmer may legally partake of.

I'm also not averse to those who fish, whilst despising vile Japanese & other whalers, shark fin soup devotees I regard as the lowest of scumbags and I would only club a seal pup if it was annoying me overly.

I hope that covers all bases but doubtless some chube will find a loophole to rant about.

Kill all dentists >sniper ............... or is that going too far?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I've been advocating a cull of dentists for many years; since before there was even such thing as restraining order!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rotten. Though considering the fact it isn't that long since man was killing man on an institutional scale for sport it is hardly surprising. We may eventually leave the barbarism behind, if we get the chance before we become extinct.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tracking down a wounded animal for 40 hours is a total disgrace, as was trying to kill a lion with a crossbow in the first instance, fecker should be banned from having guns for life
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It seems our brave big game hunter has previous and has a criminal record for similar on home soil!

In 2006 he was convicted of killing a black bear in Wisconsin 40 miles outside of the permitted hunting area, and then lying to federal agents about where the kill took place.

Apart from also having been done for fishing without a licence, he has also faced problems (allegedly) "hunting" closer to home too! Seems to be a thoroughly objectional character on so many grounds!

I wonder how many other incidents have gone undiscovered/unreported?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Louis Theroux did a show on Southern African 'game farms' a while back, worth a watch - most of his prgorammes appear on Netflix. The way he allows the objectionable yanks to make themselves look foolish is very clever indeed.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Some nutball has shot dead a TV reporter and a cameraman during a live broadcast in Virginia. Absolutely dreadful stuff.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live ... -shot-dead
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Some nutball has shot dead a TV reporter and a cameraman during a live broadcast in Virginia. Absolutely dreadful stuff.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live ... -shot-dead
And he filmed himself doing the shooting and then uploaded it onto twitter where my 16 year old found it.