Anyone know a handyman?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Anyone know a handyman?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Guys Poor old Damo is a beginner and you are talking about high level skills and even involving weemin. We need to encourage our brother, not scare him aff.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Flipping heck this is a busy thread! Got the joiner from our development to do it.

If I had the tools I'm sure I could attempt it but I want it done right. I'm not totally useless but I'm not brilliant.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Once a Knight wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Flipping heck this is a busy thread! Got the joiner from our development to do it.

If I had the tools I'm sure I could attempt it but I want it done right. I'm not totally useless but I'm not brilliant.
Sorry, you got a "chippy" to so a "Sparkys" job? :shock:

I'm not at all sure that the Union would like that. Demarcation is important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please, please, please tell me that you at least got his contact details so he could do it the next time?
I think the edited version is possibly nearer the truth :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Once a Knight wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Flipping heck this is a busy thread! Got the joiner from our development to do it.

Sorry, you got a "chippy" to so a "Sparkys" job? :shock:

I'm not at all sure that the Union would like that. Demarcation is important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please, please, please tell me that you at least watched him so you could do it the next time?
Nah the joiners putting a load of stuff up on the wall.

The electrician is coming tomorrow to install the lighting fixture's.

I'm handy with computers if that helps :lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Mrs BM always insists on holding the vacuum nozzle next to the drill to collect the dust at source. Avoids a lot of mess.
Women are brill at multi-tasking.

Imagine being able to hold the vacuum nozzle beside you while bringing the tea/beers at the same time. :D
I heard definitive confirmation this very week that multi-tasking is a myth, it is mentally as well as physically impossible to do two things at once, though this would come a a shock to my grandfather who claimed to be able to do 3 things simultaneously, whistle, fart and drive a car. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

Multitasking does exist. I though believe it is better do to one job properly, rather than make a hash of a pile of jobs.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Hopefully these handymen werent Apprentice contestants from last week. FFS couldn't even spray a pressure washer, one poor fellow was trying to screw in a nail :roll:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote:Hopefully these handymen werent Apprentice contestants from last week. FFS couldn't even spray a pressure washer, one poor fellow was trying to screw in a nail :roll:
Are they not all English?

Not exactly "handy" >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Hopefully these handymen werent Apprentice contestants from last week. FFS couldn't even spray a pressure washer, one poor fellow was trying to screw in a nail :roll:
They should have given them a proper 3000psi engine driven one, would have broken his arms and split his head with first pull of the trigger :D
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Guys Poor old Damo is a beginner and you are talking about high level skills and even involving weemin. We need to encourage our brother, not scare him aff.
I understand that, but these are basic life skills that guys just aren't taught anymore. It's like shaving. Most men squirt out some foam and hack away with a Mach 5 or whatever. In reality, a badger hair brush and a tub of Taylor's used to lather up on the face really gets the job done. A nice double edged safety razor followed by a hot towel and a rub over with a wet alum stone. It's not rocket science but it's the best shave you'll ever get and most men now don't even know that type of shaving exists.

There should be night classes in "men stuff"! Image
Good sir, the first lesson in "men stuff" would actually be DO NOT SHAVE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Once a Knight wrote:My Hairy friend, there was nothing in what I said that would in any way debar a chap from growing a manly beard or 'tache. It's perfectly permissible for a gentleman to sport facial hair.

There is, however, no need for you to be prescriptive in saying that it's the only way. For those of us who enjoy being clean shaven, the method I have indicated is one of life's simple pleasures. :thumleft:
The ears, nose and eyebrows are becoming tiresome though :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:My Hairy friend, there was nothing in what I said that would in any way debar a chap from growing a manly beard or 'tache. It's perfectly permissible for a gentleman to sport facial hair.

There is, however, no need for you to be prescriptive in saying that it's the only way. For those of us who enjoy being clean shaven, the method I have indicated is one of life's simple pleasures. :thumleft:
Oh dear Your Grace, you started so well but gentlemen have clean shaven faces or beards. The Moustache is a horrible affectation suitable only for lounge lizards, lifters of gentlemen's attire and Australians.

Look ............... yes look, I offer you this sort of dickhead:
Twat.jpg
Twat.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 933 times
and worse again
Twattoo.jpg
Twattoo.jpg (6.9 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Even as fine fellow as Rutchie just looks like a feckwit.
Rutchietwat.jpg
Rutchietwat.jpg (40.35 KiB) Viewed 933 times
I think we can all agree the first two might be put to death with no objections?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:That and finding my first grey chest hair. :|
Wait until you find one on yer bawes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Weemen are great multi-taskers tell one daughter to do her homework another to tidy her room cook the tea and get you to fill the dish washer and take out the rubbish . Issue all those orders without taking a breath .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Weemen are great multi-taskers tell one daughter to do her homework another to tidy her room cook the tea and get you to fill the dish washer and take out the rubbish . Issue all those orders without taking a breath .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Hello misogyny