USA Presidential Primaries 2016 - its all here.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: USA Presidential Primaries 2016 - its all here.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As World War Three approaches, with Twitterman slegging Rocketman, a well-matched pair if ever I saw one.

At times like this, a laugh is what's called for so over to my gay friend, Randy Rainbow.

https://facebook.com/RandyRainbowOffici ... 037519104/

WARNING: DUP VOTERS WILL NOT FIND THIS GAYLORD FUNNY, EVERYONE ELSE WILL PROBABLY SNIGGER A FEW TIMES.

Even the most ardent Trump supporter must wonder will this dickhead not just destroy the Republican Party, the USA but maybe also d'Earth.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:As World War Three approaches, with Twitterman slegging Rocketman, a well-matched pair if ever I saw one.

At times like this, a laugh is what's called for so over to my gay friend, Randy Rainbow.

WARNING: DUP VOTERS WILL NOT FIND THIS GAYLORD FUNNY, EVERYONE ELSE WILL PROBABLY SNIGGER A FEW TIMES.

Even the most ardent Trump supporter must wonder will this dickhead not just destroy the Republican Party, the USA but maybe also d'Earth.
Do you know what worries me Baggy. Your warning is probably true for the diehard DUP-gum-FreePees but given the size of their mandate there must be a lot of folks who would find that funny that still voted DUP anyway just to keep themuns out and to hell with 21st century values. :scratch:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:This is superb

https://youtu.be/BNJUsE7pEs4
Magnificent Merv, when he finished I felt like giving him a standing ovation, then realised only Mrs T & the dogs would know what the feck I'm at.

After my initial shock at America electing such a scumbag, a blatant racist and the least presidential President in my lifetime, I glad to find that many many Americans have not lost their decency and this utter kunt will not last.

Whilst the Orange scumbag vents against black athletes, he has yet to mention American island of Puerto Rica with 3.5 million AMERCIAN CITIZENS in the most dire circumstances. An American run island that is dying on its feet has not yet merited a single comment from Orange Supremacist Trump. Puerto Ricans are largely Hispanic but it's an island so no wall needed. He has visited his field of fecks but it's as barren as his brain, soul & conscience.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:As World War Three approaches, with Twitterman slegging Rocketman, a well-matched pair if ever I saw one.

Do you know what worries me Baggy. Your warning is probably true for the diehard DUP-gum-FreePees but given the size of their mandate there must be a lot of folks who would find that funny that still voted DUP anyway just to keep themuns out and to hell with 21st century values. :scratch:
True enough, house almost on the market, can't wait to escape. >EW There is probably not a country in the world without issues, but rotten to the core and ungovernable? Not my cup of coffee.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

"This was not a gun issue, this was a mental health issue." says Fat Donnie the Don Trump, whose links to both Putin & the Ruskie Mafia are unravelling faster than you can say "second hand car salesman in a nice suit".

Here is an idea Donnie, how about guys discharged from your armed forces for violent and irrational behaviour are told, no guns for you, but its ok to point your finger & shout BANG.

Just an idea, maybe you could see how that goes and then think about the 2nd amendment.

Incidentally, the second amendment is worded thus: "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Can anyone with a brain tell the difference between a "well-regulated militia" and any unregulated fuc'king crackpot on the street?

I've always struggled to understand how lawmakers find it so difficult to make a cogent argument with the wording and every arsehole's "precis version", to-wit, "the right to bear arms", they are not the same thing to anyone with a rudimentary working knowledge of English.

Also having been drafted 226 years ago, contextually it is hardly something that cannot be up for debate. Still, the GOP makes so much election money sucking up to the Rep Party that it'll never change. Over $50 Million and of course the most interesting thing is that of $54.4M total NRA election spending, $52.6M went to Republicans, the sum of $265 (yes two hundred & sixty-five dollars) went to Democrats, Other got more than the Democrats.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:"This was not a gun issue, this was a mental health issue." says Fat Donnie the Don Trump, ...
The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut, Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 x 6&7 year old children, and 6 adult staff

On the same day, a mentally unwell man entered a school in Min Yongjun, China with a knife and stabbed 23 children and one elderly member of staff.

All survived

People may kill people, but they can do it a lot more efficiently with guns than with anything else commercially available in the U.S.
Attachments
color-Sec-amend-NRA all.jpg
color-Sec-amend-NRA all.jpg (174.56 KiB) Viewed 690 times
www.usnews.com.jpg
www.usnews.com.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 690 times
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I believe this disgraced Marine did not get his guns legally and was in fact denied when he applied for a permit

So gun control worked
Illegal weapons in the hands of the mentally unstable is a huge issue

Same as illegal knives in London in the hands of the mentally unstable is an issue

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:I believe this disgraced Marine did not get his guns legally and was in fact denied when he applied for a permit

So gun control worked

Same as illegal knives in London in the hands of the mentally unstable is an issue
Gun control didn't work, and nor can it work.

With America so awash with guns, gun control is a red herring.

There are so many guns, legal and illegal, in circulation, gun control will only be tampering around the edges.

The problem remains that any administration that dares to attempt to take the majority of these guns out of circulation faces wipeout at the polls, and so it ain't gonna happen.

The problem is way beyond a reasonable solution.

I take your point about knives, but at least with a knife, you have to get to close quarter to use it, and then against probably only one person at a time. You can't kill 50 people by throwing knives at them from a hotel window a hundred yards away.
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:I believe this disgraced Marine did not get his guns legally and was in fact denied when he applied for a permit

So gun control worked

Gun control didn't work, and nor can it work.

With America so awash with guns, gun control is a red herring.

There are so many guns, legal and illegal, in circulation, gun control will only be tampering around the edges.

The problem remains that any administration that dares to attempt to take the majority of these guns out of circulation faces wipeout at the polls, and so it ain't gonna happen.

The problem is way beyond a reasonable solution.

I take your point about knives, but at least with a knife, you have to get to close quarter to use it, and then against probably only one person at a time. You can't kill 50 people by throwing knives at them from a hotel window a hundred yards away.
I agree with you Capn and believe no violence is justified. However illegal weapons and the psyche of Americans is the real issue at hand

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I've always struggled to understand how lawmakers find it so difficult to make a cogent argument with the wording and every arsehole's "precis version", to-wit, "the right to bear arms",
To be fair, Baggy. They pretty much say the same thing.
"the right to bear arms"
"the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I've always struggled to understand how lawmakers find it so difficult to make a cogent argument with the wording and every arsehole's "precis version", to-wit, "the right to bear arms",
"the right to bear arms"
There you go using the short version twice, no word of how these armed men shall form a well-regulated militia for the defence of the state then?

When you only use a small part of the 2nd amendment you sing the song of the NRA, they only want to listen to the part about the right to bear arms.

If they only had the right to bare arms there would be 30000 plus dumb Americans alive this year who died last year.

No, it's not the same at all, I'm afraid BR you're being like one of God's wee Ulster Christians who only take the parts of the bible they like or wish to be offended by. I'm still waiting for one of them to come back to me to tell me they stoned their wife or girlfriend for wearing trousers. :roll:

As for poor wee Russ, FFFS sonny, one of Trumps earliest acts as POTUS was to get rid of the requirement of vetting in relation to gun ownership by certified lunatics. Of course, it's now apparent that he was probably just looking after himself as he's obviously a basket case himself.

And saying that there are so many illegal guns as a counter to those calling for gun control is infantile. I accept that the place is too far gone to effectively control firearms in the short or even medium term but what you say is about on a par with suggesting, you'll never stop rape, some men will always rape. What just do nothing? Is that your considered view?

And finally, for now, The Attorney General of Texas in responding to yesterdays tragedy: Aaaah really wish more good folks (not FOLKs) would take a gun to church. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

From 1939 to 2008 the US Supreme Court took the view that for an individual to bear arms, it had to be demonstrable how that right was in some way linked to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated milita. The opinion of the Court was that the Framers of the Constitution included the Second Amendment to ensure the effectiveness of the military.

During that time, gun crime still existed, but at least Mericans did not have "the right to bear arms", willy-nilly.

In 2008, the Supreme Court in a split 5-4 decision ruled the other way when it sided with some geezer who wanted to register a hand gun but was not allowed to do so by laws on the statute book in District of Columbia.

That ruling turned the 1939 ruling on its head by the narrowest of margins and it has been argued ever since. Because of that, the good ol' US of A has lost the run of itsel ever since.

With over 300M guns in the country, more than one for every person, (but with those guns being concentrated into one third of households) one wonders what type of gun control, legislation or whatever could ever be effective.

One thing is clear, the sooner they start to address this, the sooner it may just start to get better, because the longer this goes on,the worse it's gonna get.
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
"the right to bear arms"
There you go using the short version twice, no word of how these armed men shall form a well-regulated militia for the defence of the state then?

When you only use a small part of the 2nd amendment you sing the song of the NRA, they only want to listen to the part about the right to bear arms.

If they only had the right to bare arms there would be 30000 plus dumb Americans alive this year who died last year.

No, it's not the same at all, I'm afraid BR you're being like one of God's wee Ulster Christians who only take the parts of the bible they like or wish to be offended by. I'm still waiting for one of them to come back to me to tell me they stoned their wife or girlfriend for wearing trousers. :roll:

As for poor wee Russ, FFFS sonny, one of Trumps earliest acts as POTUS was to get rid of the requirement of vetting in relation to gun ownership by certified lunatics. Of course, it's now apparent that he was probably just looking after himself as he's obviously a basket case himself.

And saying that there are so many illegal guns as a counter to those calling for gun control is infantile. I accept that the place is too far gone to effectively control firearms in the short or even medium term but what you say is about on a par with suggesting, you'll never stop rape, some men will always rape. What just do nothing? Is that your considered view?

And finally, for now, The Attorney General of Texas in responding to yesterdays tragedy: Aaaah really wish more good folks (not FOLKs) would take a gun to church. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:
Not what i said
My point is that fire arms and mental illnesses dont mix and most Americans show signs of mental illness

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Mkay.jpg
Mkay.jpg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 696 times