Michael O'Neill Class Act.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Michael O'Neill Class Act.

Post by Snipe Watson »

Well he is........
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Michael O'Neill Class Act.

Post by Russ »

Yes. This has been an excellent show
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Sad feckers.

I'm watching an excellent documentary on Westminster Abbey.

btw Snipe, the Dean was very weak on transubstantiation. My gut feeling is still that they're closet RCs.

Interesting point. Catholic caeliacs cannot receive the host. Why? If it's transformed into "the body and blood" surely at that point, it becomes gluten free?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Well he is........
So what?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Duke of Edinburgh get anything this year?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

O'Neill wins, special prize for AP McCoy and some boy from Belfast wins the "unsung hero" award. No voting for any of these. Stewards enquiry?
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:O'Neill wins, special prize for AP McCoy and some boy from Belfast wins the "unsung hero" award. No voting for any of these. Stewards enquiry?
Michael and AP were worthy winners. Maybe the BBC always pick a local winner for the unsung award, I have no idea, but I do know this, without unsung heroes there would be no sport, professional or otherwise.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
big mervyn wrote:O'Neill wins, special prize for AP McCoy and some boy from Belfast wins the "unsung hero" award. No voting for any of these. Stewards enquiry?
Michael and AP were worthy winners. Maybe the BBC always pick a local winner for the unsung award, I have no idea, but I do know this, without unsung heroes there would be no sport, professional or otherwise.
I don't disagree Snipe, but it's all just a bit too cosy. Just a bit surprising Baron Killyleagh didn't get something for services to golf :roll: Bag o' shyte, the whole feckin thing.

How did they handle the homophobic, misogynist, pugilist btw?
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

... and they couldn't always pick a "local winner" since it's nearly always held in that there Lahndahn.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I don't disagree Snipe, but it's all just a bit too cosy. Just a bit surprising Baron Killyleagh didn't get something for services to golf :roll: Bag o' shyte, the whole feckin thing.

How did they handle the homophobic, misogynist, pugilist btw?
He came fourth... Sadly. Audience pretty respectful but noticed a lot not clapping (including Greg Rutherford who I believe threatened to withdraw from the event because of Fury being shortlisted). Lineker asked him about his comments and he gave a non-apology and said he didn't mean to hurt anyone.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Lineker sums up that pile of keek very neatly. Like the Wan Show - Blue Peter for slightly backward adults.

Ach well. Andy Murray's now got a personality for 12 months.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I smell a rat. Tyson O'Spide came conveniently 4th just behind nation's sweetheart Jessica Lovely-Ennis.

The results are bonkers. How did Sinfield poll 28% of the vote? A great sportsman, no doubt, but in a minority regional sport. How many of the Union Jack bedecked home counties bints who make up most of the electorate have even heard of him?

Lewis Hamilton gets feck all votes :scratch:
Mobot gets feck all votes.
Plucky disabled person gets feck all votes.

I'd have gone for Greg Rutherford despite him letting me down by turning up - achieves way beyond his ability, takes on the auld farts, champions the poor and needy and is a veritable St Francis to the animal kingdom. He even comptetes in the able bodied games despite being ginger.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
The results are bonkers. How did Sinfield poll 28% of the vote? A great sportsman, no doubt, but in a minority regional sport. How many of the Union Jack bedecked home counties bints who make up most of the electorate have even heard of him?
They may have heard he received an MBE. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

In the RTE one the main award was won by a Belfast boxer, Michael Conlon. He won the World Championship this year.

I'm not particularly into these awards but I'd suggest there is at least some merit in giving such an award to an amateur sportsperson. The likes of Murray have millions as their award, in his case $85 million.

That being said Michael O'Neill's achievement in getting NI to the Euros was a worthy one given NI's resources.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:In the RTE one the main award was won by a Belfast boxer, Michael Conlon. He won the World Championship this year.

I'm not particularly into these awards but I'd suggest there is at least some merit in giving such an award to an amateur sportsperson. The likes of Murray have millions as their award, in his case $85 million.

That being said Michael O'Neill's achievement in getting NI to the Euros was a worthy one given NI's resources.
Topping the group was the big thing Shan. Sure even your lot qualified :thumleft: