Ruth Patterson's on St Patrick

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Have we heard what Ruth said on the radio yesterday. The link is for Facebook. Hopefully it works for those who don't have it but its the only link I know off.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 59%2F&_rdr
I
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ruth Patterson's on St Patrick

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ah sure give us the gist Damo, sounds like she's maybe down with Sarah Palin Syndrome aka Mad Cow Disease.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Ah sure give us the gist Damo, sounds like she's maybe down with Sarah Palin Syndrome aka Mad Cow Disease.
She basically said that St. Patrick was a Protestant.

I'm no expert but I think there's a flaw in her logic there...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Yeah what HairyJ said. She claimed he was a Protestant. The presenter then stopped her and told her St Patrick was about 1000 years prior to the reformation. After a few grumblings she proceeded to say that in her opinion he was a Protestant.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Big Ian always said he was a Prod.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Once a Knight wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Big Ian always said he was a Prod.
Big Ian was a Prod, was he not? >EW
... and someone should tell big Ruth to get off the Blessed Saint >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I think the line certain people take with Saint Patrick was he was a bit of a non conformist who, supposedly, played his own tune (note not necessarily with a flute).

If he had been around at the time of the reformation it is felt, by some, he'd perhaps have joined Martin Luther in his objections to the Hegemonic control of the Catholic Church.

Personally I don't give two fecks but I do find it slightly distasteful that he/his day has been hi-jacked by one side for a long auld period of time and equally been shunned by t'other.

Live and let live. I imagine that being 2016 that this is not the first or last series of gaffs, mistruths and downright BS that will be aired between now and the end of the year.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ruth's gurning, because last year she left her we Union Fleg bedecked car in the City centre on St Paddy's Day and some cheeky wee fenians danced on the bonnet :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Or St Patty as the yank tossers call him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I see there is an article in the Belfast Telegraph titled -
Ex-DUP councillor Ruth Patterson claims St Patrick was 'former Protestant' as she urges loyalists to 're-think' flag protest
Surely they could have just said - "Extremely dumb person says something extremely stupid".
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Ruth Patterson is a bloody big bieber.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Once a Knight wrote: And explain to me how precisely that would be a "Headline" in Northern Ireland given the Politicians we have?
Of course you are correct. Still though this managed to be a headline even though it is simply about one ignorant numbskull making a thick statement which is connected to religious sect w-nkology. Hardly a unique event in NI.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Shan wrote:
Once a Knight wrote: And explain to me how precisely that would be a "Headline" in Northern Ireland given the Politicians we have?
Of course you are correct. Still though this managed to be a headline even though it is simply about one ignorant numbskull making a thick statement which is connected to religious sect w-nkology. Hardly a unique event in NI.
Ruth Patterson's stupidity sells papers. She's a gift.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

thecrouch wrote:
Shan wrote:
Yes Crouchie, she's the new Lady Di. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Once a Knight wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Shan wrote:
Are you sure you meant to put the "f" in gift?
Don't insult baby camels.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right