Suicide and the internet ...............very odd.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Suicide and the internet ...............very odd.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

OneMore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
OneMore wrote:Baggy, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm not overly upset that such information is hard to come by, on the internet, or elsewhere.

And also, at the very least, for as long as you can type on a keyboard and post here, your contribution to the world is significant.
Yin I'll accept that as well intended, but tell you also that I am not feeling worthless, not feeling my family would be better of without me, I'm not in substantial pain though I am having "issues" with both shoulders and I've just been told they may get to me in May 2017 but the list is getting longer. I am in as sound a mind now as I have been for the last 30 years and though depression is a regular partner, I'm no more depressed now than any time in the last 5 years.

Neither am I about to top myself, I just had a very long sleepless weekend and was pondering life's challenges in the wee dark hours. I simply want to understand and investigate options for I'm fecked if I will end up a drooling basket case in my dotage. I do fear that my memory loss may herald something. I was a scout in my yute - be prepared.
Sorry, yeah, that sounded bollócks. Be prepared, aye grand. I'm just okay with it being difficult for vulnerable people to make the ultimate decision, without the obvious due care and thought you'd put into it.

No Yin, it wasn't ballix, and you are right about vulnerable people, absolutely 100% dead on balls accurate in fact. I on the other hand am currently entirely cold blooded calm about this, this is not a cry for help, it is an info gathering exercise to be stored away for future guidance in my highly rational brain. :thumleft:

Insomnia is a bit of a bollix but it's not uncommon, I recall the dear departed Cables and I being the only ons logged on at feck o'clock the odd night, Elmo has had years of it & worse & o course it's also something that hits us veterans as often as.
not.

:thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ElmoIsDead wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Ahh Ballix Elmo! At the start of that 2nd para, I really thought you were going to tell Baggy you'd "found" God :lol:
:lol:

I tell you what Merv, if I could find god I'd kick him in the balls and ask him what the feck he's at :lol:
Have to say I had that fear myself Merv but Elmo came through like a trooper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that Elmo, sounds fairly similar barring the chronic pain, with me it's not terribly bad but on this "round" of it, a nagging thing I have had for 13 weeks after a year more or less free of it, so I certainly don't have something intolerable, I do however wish to arm myself with knowledge against a time when it may significantly deteriorate. For now it's just a bloody constant drag.

My sister-in-law who has MS is fond of cannabis, usually in scones or cakes, she can't smoke it. Have to say that my son suggested it some time ago. Naively, I've no idea how to procure some. :oops:

If you can't procure some of the real herb itself there is a legal alternative that you can buy online called the Medipen. It contains all the CBD painkilling and sleep inducing chemicals and is completely natural. They have a very informative website which may be more to your liking.
I may buy one myself to see if it works as well as the fresh stuff
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Feck sake lads don't try to talk the auld bellix out of it. Just think of the time the mods would save, not having to ban him etc, & what about all those poor unfortunate posters he has bullied & abused over the years? They could all sign up for therapy & recover in no time at all. If he gives me the nod I will pop around anytime & shoot him in the face :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You have been helped :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Gut health greatly aids head health. Check diet etc.
Alternatively .....https://vimeo.com/32637671
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

brianc wrote:Feck sake lads don't try to talk the auld bellix out of it. Just think of the time the mods would save, not having to ban him etc, & what about all those poor unfortunate posters he has bullied & abused over the years? They could all sign up for therapy & recover in no time at all. If he gives me the nod I will pop around anytime & shoot him in the face :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You have been helped :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
Thanks for that Brian :thumleft: >EW Tell you what, keep that gun handy, should I survive Mrs Trousers but in an uncapacitated way, I may forego my original choice of some 1st world travel finishing with a fight to the death with a particularly hungry grizzly bear, well .............it would be a shame to waste all that blubber. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Have a look at The Revenant, Bagster. That should put you off suicide by Grizzly Bear for life - see what I did there :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Have a look at The Revenant, Bagster. That should put you off suicide by Grizzly Bear for life - see what I did there :lol:
Haven't seen it Rocky but a good dose of drugs before hand and a slap of Black Bush plus a sand wedge and it could be a decent scrap, could even sell tickets & donate the money to the first political party in NI who declare a wish to take this shitehole out of the dark ages in respect of homophobia, abortion & assisted dying.

Right, I hadn't intended to be flippant on this thread but seems I cannot help myself. :oops:
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

I have sent a PM to another forum member on this and the mail is lying in my outbox. Is this normal or does the system have it's ultimate failings ???
Can anyone help
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

ElmoIsDead wrote:I have sent a PM to another forum member on this and the mail is lying in my outbox. Is this normal or does the system have it's ultimate failings ???
Can anyone help
It has been sent.

It will show in your outbox until he/she reads it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

big mervyn wrote:
ElmoIsDead wrote:I have sent a PM to another forum member on this and the mail is lying in my outbox. Is this normal or does the system have it's ultimate failings ???
Can anyone help
It has been sent.

It will show in your outbox until he/she reads it.

Cheers Mervyn
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Hang on a few years Baggy and if we have not developed sufficiently I'd be hopeful they will have in The Netherlands. Save you a a lot of hassle of carrying it out yerself if ya could get someone else to take care of the lethal injections. Someday we humans will get to the stage where we know what is best and least agony-filled for us.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Have you heard of Death Café? There was one held in Belfast last week. It was over-subscribed so no doubt another one will pop up soon. The link is http://deathcafe.com/deathcafe/2936/