Hillsborough 96

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Hillsborough 96

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I know that most here abhor wendyball, but what happened yesterday was about much more than football. Like us, people set out to watch a game but many of them never went home.

I've never liked Liverpool FC, I was all too ready to accept the smears that their fans were the architects of their own downfall, for those were the lies that were fed at the time.

Yesterday confirmed the lies told were part of an establishment cover up, chiefly by South Yorkshire Police but others played a huge part. Thatcher's right hand man & chief advisor, Sir Bernard Ingham, showed yet again what a horrible appalling being he is by continuing to refuse to apologise for casting the blame towards the Liverpool fans, indeed leading the smear campaign. Even idiotic Boris continued that, with lies in an editorial 15 years after the event in The Spectator which he edited at the time. The Sun and disgusting former editor, Kelvin McKenzie printed "The Truth" and not unusually for The Sun, the government's paper of choice at the time for disseminating their wishes to the halfwitted public, it was complete lies of course.

And who is now firmly in the crosshairs? South Yorkshire Police & their senior officers, they got away with their lies and altered officer's reports at the time because of course, they had been very useful to the Government 5 years earlier when they were used as Thatcher's paramilitary force to break the miners strike. Their lies were supported.

The "Big Lie" that they used for the miners, was the same as that used in relation to Hillsborough, "they started it" and again falsified police reports led to the South Yorkshire Police paying out huge compensation. (details for anyone who can be bothered, in http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ers-strike )

The state lied about incidents in the Miners Strike, Ingham deflected blame from SYP in the HIllsborough Disaster, the establishment has been at the heart of covering up scandal such as paedophilia by those in high places, for God's sake Thatcher had Saville down to Chequers for Christmas more than once.

Never doubt the power of those in high places to distort & manipulate the media, to feed lies to the media who then spoon-feed the proles.

I am just a little ashamed that I bought the lies about the Hillsborough Disaster. Yesterday must have been a great day for people who campaigned for 27 years to see justice served, I hope there will be repercussions, but I'm not holding my breath.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Re: Hillsborough 96

Post by HairyJ »

So good for the families to finally have justice. Now I hope that those who covered this up finally get their comeuppance.

Andy Burnham apparently slated them big time today, he wants everyone from the police to the upper echelons of government who were involved to be punished.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable suspended as a result.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Colin0395 wrote:South Yorkshire Police Chief Constable suspended as a result.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Rightly so, they have steadfastly held their line and made life incredibly difficult, even since 2012 when everyone knew where the blame really lay. Don't be fooled into thinking how can this man be blamed for what happened 27 years ago, they & their lawyers have made life hell for those who lost family members in the last few years.

I just heard on 5Live, the Major of Liverpool speaking at the Memorial Service. Fair play to him, he took aim particularly at SYP, Kelvin McKenzie & Boris Johnson. Well worth the listen if you get a chance.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This goes far beyond football. A disaster caused by many parties but a police cover up and an attempt to blame innocent people was a sickening act against a grieving community. I suspect government collusion to the highest level in the cover up. The following is a letter from Thatcher's office sent to a campaign group.

Thank you for your letter of June 13. I am sorry you are disgusted with the uncomfortable truth about the real cause of the Hillsborough disaster. It is my unhappy experience to find that most reasonable people outside Merseyside recognise the truth of what I say.

All I get from Merseyside is abuse. I wonder why. You are at least right in believing that you will have to put up with my discomforting views. I cherish the hope that as time goes on you will come to recognise the truth of what I say.

After all, who if not the tanked up yobs who turned up late determined to get into the ground caused the disaster? To blame the police, even though they may have made mistakes, is contemptible.'
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:This goes far beyond football. A disaster caused by many parties but a police cover up and an attempt to blame innocent people was a sickening act against a grieving community. I suspect government collusion to the highest level in the cover up. The following is a letter from Thatcher's office sent to a campaign group.

Thank you for your letter of June 13. I am sorry you are disgusted with the uncomfortable truth about the real cause of the Hillsborough disaster. It is my unhappy experience to find that most reasonable people outside Merseyside recognise the truth of what I say.

All I get from Merseyside is abuse. I wonder why. You are at least right in believing that you will have to put up with my discomforting views. I cherish the hope that as time goes on you will come to recognise the truth of what I say.

After all, who if not the tanked up yobs who turned up late determined to get into the ground caused the disaster? To blame the police, even though they may have made mistakes, is contemptible.'
I believe that Bernard Ingham was the author/signatory of that letter. He refuses to this day to admit his sins. One thing you can be sure of, if he knew about it, Thatcher knew about it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:This goes far beyond football. A disaster caused by many parties but a police cover up and an attempt to blame innocent people was a sickening act against a grieving community. I suspect government collusion to the highest level in the cover up. The following is a letter from Thatcher's office sent to a campaign group.

I believe that Bernard Ingham was the author/signatory of that letter. He refuses to this day to admit his sins. One thing you can be sure of, if he knew about it, Thatcher knew about it.
Better be careful Baggy or someone will start calling the liverpool fans terrorists. Yeah the biiitch knew.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... g-11229479
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?